1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

COMMON GROUND COFFEE HOUSE #61

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by I Am Blessed 24, Oct 18, 2004.

1. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

[​IMG]

WELCOME ONE AND ALL TO THE

[​IMG]

The only RULE here is NO fussin', fightin', or feudin'!

I will try to be here to serve you; but if not, feel free to help yourself.

First one in every morning puts the coffee on, last one out at night turns the lights off...

We serve donuts, cinnamon toast (dry toast available upon request), crumpets, bagels, scones, croissants, brioche rolls, yogurt, salads, light lunches, popsicles, ice cream, homemade cookies and homemade pies, and homemade jams.

We also serve coffee (with caffeine and without), hot chocolate, hot tea, iced tea, fresh squeezed lemondade and orange juice, cappucino, Mountain Dew, DP, DDP, Coke, Pepsi, Diet Sierra Mist, milk, milk shakes, Kool-Aid, and Carb Options.

If you don't see your drink or food of choice...just ask, we will do our best to stock it for you!

Our aim is to please...come and sit a spell, enjoy the fellowship and come back often!

As Christians, we are ALL on common ground...

[​IMG]

[​IMG] §ue [​IMG]

2. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Oh you've decorated the Coffee House so pretty Miss Sue!

We still aren't seeing any fall colors here!

Diane

3. I Am Blessed 24

Thank you Miss Diane!

Someone said the "S" word on the weather channel today. I am not a happy camper! :rolleyes:

4. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

LOL, I was getting in a huff! I thought you meant THE 's' word and not snow. LOLOLOL

Diane

5. I Am Blessed 24

Shame on you! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

"S" = [​IMG]

AS IN
    [​IMG]

6. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Now Sue, you and I both are quick to report ugly words on t.v. and so I thought....

I LOVE snow! Send ME some!

7. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have to drive over the mountains and across Idaho to Nampa/Boise. 800 miles and susceptible to snow. Not leaving until Friday (I truly am too sick to travel, and awfully run down from my trips to LA, MN and WI in the past 3 weeks).

Saw that I-80 down by Rock Springs, WY, was shut down with blowing snow. It is 32 mph sustained wind here, but sunny and 50+. It doesn't take long hitting mountains and passes to be in big winter trouble!

Waiting for Friday after the last patients leave so the wife can go with and drive. I've put 6k on the Mercury since Sept 15th.

8. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Dr. Bob, can you not cancel? I've really been concerned about you driving last week with your painful feet and now that you're just downright ill.... Even if Dr. Mrs. Dr. Bob goes along, if you are sick.... (Now you've got the Mom in me coming out)

9. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Four hours later ..... so not a double post.....

Boy am I sleepy! Didn't sleep well at all last night. I'm thinking of going to bed early tonight. My guys are watching baseball and I was doing some Bible reading to check out some weird posts.

How's that cough, Sue?

Feeling Better, Dr. Bob?

Staying out of trouble, Gib?

Got those kids to bed, TaterTot?

Rested up from your trip, Betty?

Where oh where is our sweet Barnabas?

Still working all those long hours, Dan?

I'm got lots more questions but some of our friends are asleep already! Shhhhh! I hear Sheila turning over in her sleep! Shhhhh,......

10. I Am Blessed 24

Seth (another 10-year-old grandson) is spending the night. I picked him up after school and will be taking him to school in the morning. So I won't get to bed until 9:00. I COULD go right now the way my body feels!

My cough is much better Diane, thanks. But Brent and I both got soaked again today. I got soaked at the corner BEFORE getting resoaked doing the papers so I'm hoping the cough will not return...

It is still thundering and raining here with high winds and it's C O L D.

I am signing off for tonight. The boys and I are watching movies. We just finished watching "Moses" and are watching "Jonah" right now. Then we will watch "Joseph".

Pleasant dreams all!

§ue

11. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Sue, it's almost 9 here so you can go to bed on MY time. ;)

Night!
    Diane

12. TaterTot

TaterTot Guest

Well, the munchkins arent to bed yet, but it wont be long now. Today we went to greet a local unit returning from the war. A dear friend is the 1st Sgt, and it was very touching. So now, by brother and all the ones we know are all safely home, but we are still praying for the folks still serving.

Just recently got back from Jazzercize - whew, we really got a workout tonight. I am flat beat!

Our new little birdie is such a joy to have around. She is so sweet and loving.

Well, hope everyone has a great evening!
    TaterTot ( who hasn't eaten a tatertot in almost a year )

13. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

That sounds like a very rewarding and touching day TaterTot! I bet you sleep well tonight!

And with that.... I'm off! 5:30 comes awfully early and I didn't sleep well last night.

See you all tomorrow and until then....

Matt. 15:26 But He answered and said, "It is not good to take the children's bread and throw it to the little dogs." 27 And she said, "Yes, Lord, yet even the little dogs eat the crumbs which fall from their masters' table." 28 Then Jesus answered and said to her, "O woman, great is your faith! Let it be to you as you desire." And her daughter was healed from that very hour.

14. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Went to the clinic (wife's) and she did a thorough computerized testing. Ugly. Adrenals functioning at under 15% and raging infection.

So she sent me to the InstaCare doc and a double course of anti-biotic. Doc is concerned with me going ANYWHERE until my health stabilizes.

I'm going on Priceline to see about getting Teresa a ticket to see the grandkids. At this late date it would cost a FORTUNE to just buy a tix.

15. I Am Blessed 24

Good morning all:

Dr.B.! You'd better stay tucked inside your cozy house and take care of yourself! :eek:

Tater: You're gonna have to change your name! :D

Diane: I got to bed about 8:45 and I slept pretty well. I don't think the 'soaking' hurt me yesterday. Today is another rainy day. :(

I'm gonna miss Blackbird stopping by early in the morning and solving all our problems. :rolleyes:

Barnabas: Where are you? Your DP is piling up and we miss you! [​IMG]

Going to check other forums and wake the boys up. I think this would be a good morning for oatmeal...

§ue (off and running)

16. renmar

renmar Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Snow??? Did I see someone mention snow??? If only!!! Right now it is 77 degrees and it is barely 6:00 in the morning! Gonna be 90 today, and my a/c is out! I really have to get it fixed! Don't sleep too well in the heat!
    Oh! Hello to everyone! I haven't been here in a while, just wanted ya to know I am still around! [​IMG]

17. I Am Blessed 24

Hiya renmar and a BIG welcome back to our humble little cyber Coffee House!

I was the one who mentioned the "S" word (snow). I would love to have some 77º weather here. I think summer skipped us this year!

I must get the boys up now, fix breakfast, drop Seth off at school, do my crossing guard job, then come back and home school Brent and do laundry.

CYAL and HAGD!

[​IMG] §ue

18. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Dr. Bob I'm so glad you're on your way to getting well. We'll be praying for you!

Sue, glad you slept well. We're having strong storms this afternoon but just a drizzle on and off this morning and 68° so far.

Maybe Barnabas gave up Dr. Pepper? Haven't seen him peeking in here since his relatives were around. I'm guessing he's trying to catch up on some work and might be watching those N.Y. Y people on t.v. at night. ;) ;)

Poor Tater! If you DO want to change your username, would you contact me with what you'd like to use and I'll see if I can pull some strings for you?

Diane

19. Barnabas H.

Barnabas H. <b>Oldtimer</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    You have found me out Diane! You have found me out. [​IMG] But it wasn't worth watching all 14 innings last night, for the Bronx Bombers couldn't produce a run to turn the tide. :( And as for having a Dr (doctor) in the house, well, I stacked up on that elixir for the next three weeks.... [​IMG] But you are right. Work load is heavy, and demanding at this time of the year. [​IMG]

P.S. A cheerful hello to you folks, who walk the hallowed halls of the 61st CGCH! :cool:

20. TaterTot

TaterTot Guest

Morning all. I woke up frantically trying to get the girls and me ready for our Mommy and Me class. We were just about to walk out the door, when I saw another clock and realized I was an hour EARLY!!! Whew, what a relief. So now I have a little time to relax before the day begins. Tuesdays are usually crazy around here. We have our class until noon (45 mins away), then I pick up my babysitter from school (one gets out early, the other rides the bus to my house) and we start piano lessons 30 minutes later. We then have lessons until 7, and supper, babysitters included. Then I take them home and start the bedtime routine. But I love it. Its just one day a week that is THAT crazy.
    My bird was just sitting on my shoulder, actually ontop of a cloth (poop control) and she pooped anyway. She missed the cloth and it went right down my shirt!!!! Gotta go!!
    TaterTot
    PS, I dont want to change my name - I am not actually named for a tatertot - that was my clown name when we used to clown professionally.