1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

COMMON GROUND COFFEE HOUSE #61

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by I Am Blessed 24, Oct 18, 2004.

1. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Think I'll head on down to bed and watch the Red Sox beat the Yankees there! [​IMG]

I sure hope all our friends are much better tomorrow and am keeping so many of you in prayer!
    Nick is so worried about Dr. Bob! He was telling the children I keep about Dr. Bob's pain and asking them to pray too.

Romans 8:27 Now He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He makes intercession for the saints according to the will of God. 28 And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.

2. Rachel

Rachel New Member

Hello Everyone, I'm new here. Is this where I can get a large cup of coffee?? I'll take one please. :D

Rachel

3. Rachel

Rachel New Member

That's a regular coffee, not the fancy stuff. ;) I need that with sweet n low and cream please.
    Thank you,
    Rachel

4. Rachel

Rachel New Member

I'm a coffeeholic, I'm about ready for another one. Just keep them coming...

I need to go back and read the rest of this forum and see what's going on.

Now I only need about 17 more posts to get into the private b. ladies room. LOL

Rachel [​IMG]

5. renmar

renmar Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Rachel!! You still use Sweet-n-low??? I use Splenda in my coffee now! No aftertaste at all! [​IMG]

6. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Tell Nick "Thank You". Many people think "pain" whenever I post.

And not sure what THEY pray . . [​IMG]

(Organ recital: Had a reasonably good day for being half dead!! Now the fever is back and I am sitting here at the computer waiting for it to break. Something seriously is out of whack - whatever whack was . . )

7. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Good Morning all! I had to turn the channel when Martinez was brought in to pitch for the Red Sox and began giving up runs.

I hope Dr. Bob is still sleeping hard and fever free! When will you know the results of the blood tests Dr. Bob?

Diane

8. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Good morning all:

I had a restful night's sleep and hope the rest of you did also.

I have somehow managed to get an infection in my eye so will have to get some prescription drops today. It is hard to see with a 'film', covering your pupil, off and on. I get this a couple of times a year - no clue why... It is not Pink Eye and not contagious. It acts similar except no 'pink'. There is no pain involved, just a little itchiness.

I have a load of laundry in the washer and one in the dryer already! With Bobby working at Cracker Barrel - there is a white shirt and a pair of tan pants to wash every day! (Guess what I'm getting him for his birthday!)

CYAL,
    §ue

9. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Morning Sue, busy day ahead for me. I didn't get enough sleep tho. It's been a long time since I've been able to sneak in a nap.

"Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life." Acts 4:12

10. Gayla

Gayla New Member

Sue posted: "Speaking of pink and breast cancer - M&M's are supposed to be donating money for breast cancer research for every bag of their pink and white M&M's sold. I have searched every store in Lincoln and cannot find any for sale!

Has anyone else bought them?"

I found them at our BX, but that's the only place I've been able to find them . . .

11. renmar

renmar Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good morning all. I actually got a good nights sleep!!! So much easier to sleep with air! Hopefully it will cool off soon, and I won't have to run it, but until then.....
    I am going to have to cut the grass one more time, I think, and will put down some pesticide with my dad's spreader he loaned me. I will put an extra amount behind the A/C unit!!! Boy I hate them little buggars!

12. I Am Blessed 24

Gayla: I finally found some at Krogers just this morning.

They wanted $2.99 for a little 8 oz bag!

And then I read that only .50 of that goes for breast cancer research. I didn't think it was worth it...

Me thinks M&M is making money off of this promotion and that makes me angry so I didn't buy any! :mad:

13. Gayla

Gayla New Member

They were $2.49 at the BX.
    I thought it was kinda high too, but bought one anyhow.

14. I Am Blessed 24

It's getting to be about that time again folks. Ahhhhh. A nice soft, comfy, bed and QUIET!

Brent and I are having a cup of hot cocoa and then we're calling it a night.

Please pray that Brent gets a peaceful night's sleep tonight. He is having two teeth extracted and one cavity filled tomorrow and he has never had anything done to his teeth so he is a little 'concerned'.

Pleasant dreams all!
    §ue

15. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Is it still "dreary" in Georgia Diane?
    Here it is 23 F. (-5 C), and in the last two weeks we have had just over one foot of snow. It doesn't look like it is going away any time soon. It is cloudy, so "Kind of dreary" may sum it up fairly well.
    DHK

16. TaterTot

TaterTot Guest

Howdy all. It was HOT here today. We had a great day of playing with little Sierra Thibodaux Cinderella McMillan (the bird). We took her to a friend's house who also has one. We bought them together. It was alot of fun (if you're into that kinda thing.)
    Last Monday at Jazzercise, I think I pulled a tendon in my foot, and boy is it flared up tonight. I can barely put weight on it. I hope that doesnt last long.
    For supper, I steamed some snow crab legs - first time I ever tried. They were awesome. I could barely have them cracked fast enough for my 2 year old.
    Well, tomorrow is an exciting day in our family - we are going to the circus!! (Clyde BEety Cole Bros)We go every year. We have always gone even before we had kids, to study the clowns and see what we could do to improve our own act. Now we love to go to watch the thrill in our girls' eyes.

Dr. Bob, I am so sorry you are so sick. You can count on my prayers, too.
    Take care,
    TaterTot

17. Bookworm

Bookworm Member

Hello everyone. I've been looking around the board and I thought this would be a good place for me to put my very first post, especially since you've got food here. Do you happen to serve my favorite- waffles topped with black raspberries and whipped creme?

18. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Welcome to BB Bookworm. This is a good place to start posting. I can't promise you any waffles but the coffee's always hot. [​IMG]
    DHK

19. Bookworm

Bookworm Member

It's too late at night for coffee. Empty calories, sure, but not coffee. I suppose I should be getting to bed. My wife is gone for the rest of the weekend. She took our three youngest kids to Illinois to visit her mother. I couldn't get off work, so I'm at home with the two oldest. The three of us will be going to a family get-together on my side of the family on Saturday night. We will be seeing my older brother off to his new job at Liberty University.

20. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Anyone want a sermon - aspartame, sweet n low, splenda are on my agenda!! Better to use sugar than any of those poisons!!

You DID expect me to say something, right? [​IMG]