1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

COMMON GROUND COFFEE HOUSE #62

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by I Am Blessed 24, Nov 9, 2004.

1. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

[​IMG]
    "In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you."
    1Th 5:18

WELCOME ONE AND ALL TO THE
    [​IMG]
    The only RULE here is NO fussin', fightin', or feudin'!
    I will try to be here to serve you; but if not, feel free to help yourself.

First one in every morning puts the coffee on, last one out at night turns the lights off...

We serve donuts, cinnamon toast (dry toast available upon request), crumpets, bagels, scones, croissants, brioche rolls, yogurt, salads, light lunches, popsicles, ice cream, homemade cookies and homemade pies, and homemade jams.

We also serve coffee (with caffeine and without), hot chocolate, hot tea, iced tea, fresh squeezed lemondade and orange juice, cappucino, Mountain Dew, DP, DDP, Coke, Pepsi, Diet Sierra Mist, milk, milk shakes, Kool-Aid, and Carb Options.

If you don't see your drink or food of choice...just ask, we will do our best to stock it for you!

Our aim is to please...come and sit a spell, enjoy the fellowship and come back often!

As Christians, we are ALL on common ground...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] §ue [​IMG]

2. Barnabas H.

Barnabas H. <b>Oldtimer</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hello Sue! I see you've just opened the 62nd CGCH thread. If I sit down, you may catch up with my years of sojourning on this planet Earth.... [​IMG]

Hope all is well with the rest of the posters. Here in the Big Apple it is cool. Typical fall weather. My wife is waiting for the doctor's recommendation of wether surgery or no surgery with her broken left arm. At work we are extremele busy. At church, we are praying for a building or property (which we could afford). Have a nice day all! [​IMG]

3. shawna w

shawna w New Member

Hi all. Hope everyone is having a good day. Laundry done here for another day! I am making choco. chip cookies this afternoon. All the errands are ran. Can't decide whether to take a nap or start the cookies.

4. I Am Blessed 24

Off to pick up papers, then go to the corner. I wish I had the choice to take a nap... [​IMG]

Cyal,
    §ue

5. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Enjoying a relaxing day. Worked at the clinic (bookkeeping, ordering, drone labour) and then just came home to put the feet up and watch Dan Blather talk about how awful everything is.

Like the guy whose wife rubbed limburger cheese in his moustache, then he went around the whole day complaining that everything smelled bad.

Oh well. Making omelets for supper so not a lot of prep time and I can enjoy a few minutes on the BB.

6. I Am Blessed 24

Glad to hear you're feeling better Dr.B.!

I am going to the recliner until 8:00 and then to bed. I had to put the brace, on my elbow again, with the gel pad you heat in the microwave. It is very painful tonight.

Doctor says "tennis elbow" - I say "arthritis"!

Hard to bend my arm enough to type without it hurting so I am bidding you all a good night and...

Pleasant dreams!
    §ue

7. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Would you believe my last kids JUST left? The last two were because of a horrible wreck on I-20 but the two who left just before that, Dad gets off at 5:00 just a few miles from here and it takes him almost 3 hours to pick up the girls on Tues. and Thurs. Wife gets off at 8:00. Another night feeding 8 people on OUR budget! YIKES! Thankful I could add some rice and make it stretch!

Glad you're feeling better Dr. Bob!

Barnabas, any word from the doctor on Lenke? Is she still in pain?

Sue, I must have missed you hurting your arm! Is it from the papers being so large now? I'd assume they'll stay that way through the holidays. :(

Ty comes early tomorrow so I shouldn't stay up so late tonight. Jim's out at church.

8. fireweed59

fireweed59 New Member

Dr. Bob, Did I say that?! Wow, I am going to have to be very careful here about my expressions. Actually, I didn't really have any person in mind, just makes sense, anyway, glad you are honest enough to see yourself sometimes. [​IMG] I think there are times when we all get grumpy or mean. And since you've shown yourself to have such a good sense of humor, I'll enjoy testing the limits. (busy typing away)
    [​IMG] Evidently you reside near me in the west? I heard you talk of travel around Idaho. We were in Wyoming three years ago to see your National Park Yellowstone and Grand Teton.

9. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Oh Fireweed! Dr. Bob has a very funny and dry sense of humor. LOLOL. Watch out for Blackbird, Gib, Dr. Bob and my husband, Jim (who seldom posts and then writes novels like me!)

So, now, Fireweed... you've given us no hint! I'm guessing you're a guy with a '59 Chevy.

Close?

Diane

10. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Rather wild day here...ran around getting this and that done, picking out pictures and such that we're taking on our "big move", etc.. Helped a friend with an accounting project, helped a neighbor with his reading comprehension assignment. Get amused when these people ask me how I homeschool without a college education, then ask me for help with their own stuff. HA! I've never done accounting before and am horrid at math, but for some reason I got where it was messed up and knew what to do. Scared myself! I'm starting to convince myself that I'm a genius trapped in an idiot's brain...

As a bit of added fun for the night my downstairs neighbor got a big crack in her ceiling and the ceiling is leaking so bad it's mushy. Called maintenance, they said they'd be out tomorrow. So I called them myself and they were here within half an hour. Turns out some wax seal in MY place under the commode is causing it, so we turned off the water and they'll be back first thing in the morning to rip up my bathroom. Yay.

Gina

11. TaterTot

TaterTot Guest

Hey, yall. We had a good day here. The girls and I had a wonderful picnic of boiled eggs, grapes, cookies, and basketti noodles (their choice). It was really alot of fun.

We are bird-sitting a cockatiel for a dear friend of ours, and we have one, too, so this is gonna be a crazy week. And MY bird said his very first words tonight!!!! She said "pretty bird"!! And THAT - she is. She said it twice. DH says I am just a bird mama who really wants to hear it, thus *making* myself hear it, but a bird mama knows her bird babies words!!! She wolf whistled for the first time 2 days ago. She may be a he b/c he's are more vocal.

For supper, I fixed Jambalaya for the non-dieters and cauliflower casserole and chicken breasts for the dieters. Our two baby-sitters eat with us on Tuesdays after piano lessons are over. We love them like our own. They are sisters the same aga apart as our girls are, so its fun to kinda see our future.

Well, bowing outta here for the night. Have a goreat day/night!!
    TaterTot

12. I Am Blessed 24

Good morning all:

Diane: The arm thing is a carry-over from last year. It flares up quite often, but not usually this bad. I couldn't even lift my fork to my mouth last night (not necessarily a BAD thing). :rolleyes:

It got to where I couldn't lift things with my right arm last year. The elbow is where it hurts. Doctor said 'tennis elbow'. I don't think so. I put Aspercreme on it last night and it doesn't feel too bad this morning. I doubt 'slinging' papers every day helps... :(

Gina: You sound like you're having a 'normal' week for YOU! [​IMG]

Tater: Stick to your guns. WE know what our 'babies' are saying! :D

fireweed: I see Dr.Bob now has some competition in the 'satire' department - keep up the good work! [​IMG]

I'm not sure what kind of Christmas 'goodies' we're making today. I kind of go by when Brent gets his goals done for the day and how much time we have left before we do the papers.

Off to check other forums,
    §ue [​IMG]

13. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Gina???? Normal????? HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

TaterTot??? Jambalaya?? Ask Blackbird and Gib what goes good in Jambalaya!!!!!

Dr. Bob??? Fireweed??? You mean "Wacky-weed" as in Willie Nelson's brand of left handed cigarettes???

Sue----certainly you may have a good day!!!

14. Gib

Gib Active Member

Ain't that a rock concert in the great state of Alabamee?

15. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Morning All! I honestly didn't sleep in. Ty had a bad night so he went back to sleep on a pallet in the t.v. room and I let him sleep until 9:00. All the kids have head colds. Guess we can't help it since I'm bringing in kids from four class rooms and 2 schools plus Nick and the 2 tiny ones.

It got down to 37° here last night but is already 48°. It'll still get up to 65° by time school is out so the kids can play outside some.

Speaking of Rock Concerts... Jim's mastering CD's for our churches youth Praise Band. They practiced last night and are going to do some work on it this weekend. Jim said they'll all be hard of hearing by time they're in their 40's. They play really loud.

Diane

16. Debby in Philly

Debby in Philly Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good Morning!
    COLD and sunny in Philly!
    What happened to Fall?

17. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Oh it's lovely here Debby! Crisp, cool and less bugs! I hate mosquitoes and what they can do to Nick so we really enjoy this time of year when they're so few!

Feels like apple picking time!

18. TaterTot

TaterTot Guest

HEy! Its 72 here and beautiful "playin' outside" weather. We are about to go do that.

GIB and BLACKBIRD - we might just be adding cocktiel to our recipe- he won't shut up!!! He is good, but he's just loud!!!! (*Must be a male - always crowin' loudly about something!!) [​IMG]

The girls and I had a "photo shoot" this morning for the calendar we are going to be in. It was actually fun. I dont usually like photographer behavior, but this fella just sat on the floor and took pictures while we played. Then we went to McDonald's to play in the "thing".

I have a couple of lessons on Wednesday afternoon, but until then, we are off to collect acorns and frogs.
    Bye!

19. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Boy Howdy. Cool, wet Wyoming where the skies ARE cloudy all day. 36F and dropping so we should see snow tonight. Still need the elms to shed their leaves or we will lose some branches.

Working on vacation plans - we have a week in Feb and will probably cruise. Going to talk to my agent about some deals Princess is running. May fly to Houston/Galveston, rather than all the way to Miami.

Always nice to look ahead to vacation . . especially when you are disabled and EVERY day involves only minimal work! But the wife really needs it and Christmas will NOT be a vacation with 3 kids, 3 spouses and 8 grandkids in our little bungalow!

Maybe we should plan a cruise for THAT week . .

20. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Just received an email from my brother in the Lord---Guy DeMars and his family---I'd give my life for Guy!! They are SBC missionaries in Ivory Coast---and have been ordered to evacuate the city they live in--Abijan---they will be forced to move to a country called Togo---this is Guy's third move in less than 2years because of the civil war in Ivory Coast!!

Brother David