1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

COMMON GROUND COFFEE HOUSE #63

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by I Am Blessed 24, Nov 27, 2004.

1. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Very sorry to hear you're sick Sue! We'll pray for you to heal soon. Thank the Lord you have Brent to help!

Jim's away until late Friday night so I'll have a lot of long, lonely hours to bother you folk. I just cannot get used to going to be early no matter how early I have to get up. Ty will come at 5:30ish and Jack will be here at 8:30 until 11:15 or so then I'll have 3 after school kids until 4:15 and then a 4th child. Confused yet? I sure am! I just praise the Lord for giving me these children and this income!

So.. the soup was GOOD! YUM

2. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Well Goodnight All... I've been up since 5:30, expecting an extra day care child early but they got in so late from their holiday travels that mom changed her 'final' to Wednesday and now I'll have him Tues, Wed and Thurs. mornings instead. 5:30 a.m. comes WAY too early for me!

3. TaterTot

TaterTot Guest

We had soup for lunch. I had my leftover turkey soup and I made some chicken soup for my little sick one (who is no longer sick but likes the TLC)
    My soup was spicy, so I made her some blander stuff and she loved it. Both girls did actually. We had tacos for supper.

I went off to Jazzercise and when I got home, my oldest daughter had drawn lots of pictures and taped them all over the living room wall. It is so precious. I think I'll leave them for a while. She said she wanted to surprise me, and she did!

Tomorrow is piano lessons, so it will be crazy. Last one until after Christmas. Actually our recital and piano ensemble concert is Sunday, so after that, there will be a little break. I am so proud of my students - they have really worked hard, especially for the piano ensemble part. I think next year it will be separate from the recital day and I will invite the whole community. Most folks are just itchin' to go to a piano recital, but many would enjoy the concert of keyboards.

I found my secret pal's gift today!!! Finally! Gotta get one more thing to round it out.

Sue, hope you feel better soon! So sorry you are sick.

See yall later!
    TaterTot

4. fireweed59

fireweed59 New Member

Hear ye, Hear ye, Hear ye! Come celebrate with me. Crack open the sparkling cider!! Make certain everyone who wants has a glass of their own.
    As someone who has passed the 30 posts mark, I am no longer a new member (or was it junior member?) but now am a "MEMBER"!!!! :rolleyes: :eek: [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] :D

Do my oppinions matter a wee-bit more now??? (or did they EVER matter?) WAIT! Please don't answer that, it'll hurt my feelings. I hope in the 30+ posts I have made a friend, been a friend, encouraged someone, brought a smile, caused one to think, and not wasted my keyboard pecking skills or lack there of. I am now looking to catch up with Sue and Dr. Bob. (Their lead seems to be opening, do you guys have jobs?) [​IMG]

Okay, my next milestone is 500. I'll call you all together again then. At this rate it'll be 2008. Dr. Bob and Sue do 500 in a month. (must type 110 wpm)

Also, a first tonight at Chess Club. My 12 and 10 year olds both went 3 for 3 and took 1st in their respective divisions! YAY kids!

5. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Good morning all:

Just checking in. It is 4:30 and I just couldn't stay in bed tossing, turning, and coughing anymore. Needless to say, it was NOT a good night.

I guess I'm gonna have to break down and call the doctor for an appointment today. When the Bronchitis gets this bad, I can't fight it without meds...

Cyal,
    §ue

6. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Morning all,
    Sue, good idea about the doctor. I know you hate to take meds if you don't need them so you must really need them! Get well soon!

Tater, oh that sounds so sweet! The little ones have a special place in my heart.

Fireweed... the thing is, I joined 2 or so days after Sue and post quite a bit but the only way we'd catch up with Dr. Bob and Sue is if they stop posting. When Dr. Bob goes on a cruise, Sue gets way ahead. Gib and I have been dueling for about 6 months. He gets ahead of me but then he'll get busy at work and then I pull ahead. This week, hubby is out of state so I'll pull ahead. Hey, neat about the kids chess tournament.

Well, I didn't get to sleep until after midnight so today is going to be tough! I KNOW I need to go to sleep earlier.......

Diane, waiting on Ty....

7. Gib

Gib Active Member

It was just the other day, I was 1000 post up on Diane and look at her now. [​IMG]

8. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Was it 1,000 Gib? Really? Well, keeping the 20 month old means I have to gate us into the t.v. room or rec room. He's WILD! That's 3 hours a day of nothing to do but watch him and post. Plus, Jim's away this week and even when he's home, he's going to bed by 8:30 because he leaves for job 1 at 5:45 or 6:00. That's a lot of alone time.

9. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Back from the doctor with a Z-Pac, Prednisone, cough syrup and a stern warning to stay in where it's warm and dry. Yeah right - the papers can throw themselves!

If I haven't 'turned the corner' by Friday, I am to go have x-rays and get a shot in the bottom. I don't know why he didn't just give it to me today. Oh, wait, yes I do. It will be another $65.00 office call on Friday. DUH!

I am off to the recliner until time to pick up the papers.

I covet your prayers. I am feeling miserable.
    §ue

10. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Boy Howdy from blue skies (18F) wintry Wyoming. I thought this was a great day, BUT now I see that Fireweed has become a MEMBER.

What is the BB coming to? :eek: :eek:

Busy end-of-the-month bookkeeping at the clinic so will spend the afternoon there and the bank, etc. Like the wife says, if you own your own business you can choose any 75 hours a week you want to work . . .

11. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Well one child is gone, Nick is finishing up his reading for today, Ty is waiting for lunch and a nap and then time to pick up the other 4.

It is gray and chilly today. Jim called a couple of times from Ala. and said it was storming with strong winds. Still not 18F tho, Dr. Bob!

Wow, Sue! You must be pretty sick if he gave you all that and still is considering a shot. I bet you do feel awful. I've only had bronchitis once in my life after a case of what I figured was the flu. Hope you feel better SOON!

Whoops! Pizza's warmed. TTYL

Diane

12. menageriekeeper

menageriekeeper Active Member

It is nasty over here, Diane. I hate gloomy days like this. Even with the blinds up and all the lights on it still seems dark in the house.

I should be doing something, I have some turtlenecks to embrioder for Bitsy and her best friend, but instead I'm sitting here drinking coffee.....

Have I said how much I HATE dark days?! :mad:

What's Jim doing this side of the state line?

13. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

He's in Decatur for the week for job training (Job #1). He'll come home for a week and go back the next week.

I tease him because he talks to me so much more when he's away than when he's home. He's already called me 3 times today and always tells me he loves me. If he were home, the stereo would be blasting or he'd be working on mastering a CD for a Praise Band from the college/ church. Whu...??? Did you say something?....

He's traveled most of our marriage but still calls home to make sure we're okay. LOL. Of course, the last few times he's gone away, I've gotten sick with a bladder infection, lump, staph infection on my leg, several BAD colds, double ear infection... all these day care kids are a bundle of GERMS! :eek:

Speaking of the little darlings..... time to pick up 3 and then back out at 4:10 to pick up another!

Diane

14. menageriekeeper

Yep, just about time for me to pick up mine too. I need to pick up a few things at Wally World on the way.

I tried to start the blouses and someone has borrowed my chalk that I use to mark placement lines. I guess that gives me an excuse to go shopping for a half hour, right?

T is the oppisite of Jim. If I go somewhere he calls me just to make sure I'm alright. If he goes somewhere he only calls once every couple of days. It's left over from when we couldn't afford collect calls and didn't have a cell. Old habits are hard to break.

15. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Well home with the new 3 and 4 of the 5 are having snacks and making too much noise! The 11 year old has flute on Tuesdays and I have to go out and head 8 miles into Temple to pick her up. That'll take a good 30 mins. at least. Not fair to the other kids but it's only once a week.

This week, I'll have 7 on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday but not all at once. Saturday the mom of the 20 month old needs me to babysit for the whole morning. Her husband never has to work on Saturday but there's a job that has to be finished and mom works part time only on Saturday. He's a hand full! I told her I'd do it just this Saturday. That's our only family time. Church takes most of the day on Sunday!

16. menageriekeeper

I did something wrong and ended up with 4 kids instead of 3. ;) Thank goodness I went shopping before I picked up. Now I back here drinking coffee again.

I really need to get motivated! There are things that need doing in this house.

Will Jim be home by Saturday? If so, having an extra kid is kind of a bummer since he's been gone all week.

17. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Back home again and I have 6 for another couple of minutes and then they begin to leave. The last two will probably be here at almost 8:00! Their Dad gets off at 5 about 12 miles from here!

Boy are they loud today! I expect it to get a lot worse before Christmas. Tomorrow is AWANA ...

18. menageriekeeper

Aren't children supposed to be better behaved just before Christmas?

19. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

That's what I've heard but I've always found they get extra wild. LOL

20. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Yep, Jim will be home Friday night so it IS a bummer but he has offered to record a Keyboard Gospel show on Saturday so..... He's done several for the guy, who is a member here, and really enjoys doing it.
    http://www.live365.com/stations/kthf
    http://www.keyboardgospel.org

Well I got a call tonight and the one part time job Jim had ended so he'll only get half his pay. He's hoping to find another one quickly doing the same thing. We were hoping for this to be steady work so we could catch up our mortgage. [​IMG] Seems like things never turn around for us. I had to call and tell him. He seemed okay about it but I think he knows how worried I am and was upbeat for me.

Diane