1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

COMMON GROUND COFFEE HOUSE #66

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by I Am Blessed 24, Dec 27, 2004.

1. TaterTot

TaterTot Guest

She is precious. She looks to be a very bright pup! I know she is alot of fun.

2. TaterTot

TaterTot Guest

Today was a "do nothing" kind of day. I did get the Christmas stuff down and tok the girls on a 5 mile bike ride. Pulling 70 pounds of kid and buggy behind my bike was a little hard, especially on some of those hills, but we made it. Got home to find a box had been sent to my 3 year old that said "Open Immediately - Live Butterfiles". I knew that HAD to have come from my mother, so I called, and sure 'nuff - she had sent it. I asked what in this world I am supposed to do with them, and she told me that she bought a whole kit. In the box are just larvae (great). They go in some kind of a clear container so we can watch them grow into butterflies. It'll be kinda neat. She is coming to visit tomorrow, so I guess we'll start the larvae farm then. You know, with a rabbit, 2 dogs, a bird, a turtle, goldfish and guppies, what's a few more critters?? At least these will return to the wild.
    We are going to take our youth group to the state Youth Evangelism Conference Thurs-Fri. Its always a great time of refreshment even for stale old adults!!
    Well, heading to bed shortly - gotta finish my novel tonight.
    TaterTot

3. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Tater tot, butterflies are fun! So are moths. The girls and I picked up a few caterpillars last year and watched them change. Got wasps in two of them, but the rest all were normal. Well, actually...we got one really big ugly moth on the first that scared the bejeebers out of me when I saw it come out of that tiny little thing and puff up, but you've got butterflies so ya don't have to worry. LOL
    Gina

4. TaterTot

TaterTot Guest

I think its actually gonna be fun!

5. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Good morning all:

Diane: It's not hard at all when you've been up 17 hours and still don't have all your strength back from having pneumonia! I went to bed at 8:00 and watched TV until around 9:00. I slept in until almost 5:00 this morning! That comes close to being a record for me - I'm usually up 3-4am!!!

It felt almost Spring-like yesterday. It is going to be in the 50's today and tomorrow and 60's Friday! Some people will be running around in shirt sleeves and get sick again. :rolleyes:

I am having Michelle (9) Brent's sister over to spend the day today. I imagine we will be playing games like we did yesterday when Stephen was here.

[​IMG]

DIANE AND NICK!

Cruising,
    §ue [​IMG]

6. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Oh well... watching t.v. til 9.... I thought you meant you were going right to sleep at 7:30. I'd nap til 9:30 and then be awake all night.

Jim1999, what a lovely dog. She looks SO sweet and gentle!

Thanks all for the birthday wishes!

7. menageriekeeper

menageriekeeper Active Member

Good morning all!

It'll be back to the yard cleaning for us today. Son has to start riding his bike in the backyard. If not I'm going to have to relandscape the front. My grass is already laying down in one direction in a big circle around the yard.

Diane, how is Nick enjoying his dirtbike?

Jim, huskies are nothing if not smart.

Funny story, kinda, about the neighborhood huskies. We were a three husky family until just recently when two of our started constantly picking on the third. We sent that one to live with a friend of a friend.

Around the same time several of our neighbors started complaining about our huskies stealing things and chasing their cats etc. Well mine are escape artists so I started chaining them and only let them run very occasionally. Well the complaints kept up so we electrified our fence so they couldn't get out at all even though we couldn't figure out just how they were getting into so much michief. My dogs don't like the electric fence. :eek:

To give you some background, all three of our huskies were different colors. We have a black and white, a red and white, and a silver and white. The silver and white is the one we gave away.

We put up the fence right before Thanksgiving and things were pretty quiet, although I wasn't around to listen to complaints anyway.

One day I happened to glance out the window and what did I see? A silver and white huskey, she looked so much like the one I gave away that I had to get close to her to tell the difference. The similarities were amazing! She was traveling with a mutt that was also very similar to our mutt. I began to get the idea that my dogs were being framed.

Then last night, my mutt who lives in the front yard and gaurds the neighborhood from intruders, started carrying on. I looked out and there was the silver huskey again. Only this time she was traveling with a black and white huskey that, you guessed it, looks very similar to our black and white.

I hope the neighbors have their cats put up!

Oh well, I've finished my coffee, it must be time to get to work!

Have fun with Buddy, Jim!

8. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

He really likes the mini bike Cindi. His is for any terrain. It also only goes 7 mph. He's using it in the street with Jim or Jon out with him.

About the dogs that are roaming.... Why don't YOU call animal control and report them telling them what you've told us. That way, if someone reports your dogs, you'll have evidence that it's not you and yours!

9. I Am Blessed 24

I am getting off of here to play games with the grandkids then do papers.

Don't know when I'll get back on as Michelle may be spending the night with us.

HAGD!
    §ue

10. Gib

Gib Active Member

We went to get Cheryl a rental car today. It's nicer than our car. Cheryl has the new car fever. We went to the Chevrolet dealership today and came home feeling better about keeping our car.

11. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

If I were the car salesman!!!!

If Blackbird were the car salesman!!!!

You'd fall for the free "Jambayla and Crawfish" on Saturdays!! Free Hotdogs for the kids on Fridays!! And a promise to be finished preaching by 12 noon on Sundays---so that you can go out and buy Cheryl that car---so she can sport it around for the "Women folk" at Church come Sunday nite!!!!!!!!!!!

12. Gib

Gib Active Member

Piper the cat hunter :D

Cat Hunter

Gib's cat is seen here on the back of the couch.
    After careful research, it's been determined
    that his cat resembles a plastic bag. Go figure.

Gib's Cat

13. Debby in Philly

Debby in Philly Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I've heard of a cat resembling a meatloaf (paws, tail, and nose tucked under), but never a plastic bag.

Mine likes to chew on plastic bags.

14. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Debby!! Blackbird is gonna have to rise and defend his buddy, Gibby!!! That was not a cat---from the scoop that Blackbird has examined, its quiet clear!!

Seems my buddy, Gib just returned from a jetted trip(via Hartsfield Airport) and that is his "Barf" bag---to which Blackbird has to confess--he, himself has never had to use one!! Last time he(Blackbird) flew out of Charlotte--his ticket showed he had the seat in the very back of the plane---he knew he couldn't make the 9 hour flight into London/Gatwick in back of the plane---away from all the action---so he confers with the Pilot

"Listen, man! If you don't let me sit up here among all these instruments---I'm gonna loose my lunch back there---terrible carsicknesses run in my family, you know!!"

Did you know---we flew all the way to London---and the pilot never touched the steerin' wheel???----Now! Since Debby in Philly doesn't know Blackbird all that too well---somebody explain to her what Blackbird means by that???

15. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

You guys! LOLOL

Morning all, Speaking of cats... our new kitty likes to play at 2:30 every morning. Last night she didn't wake Jim tho. The night before she had climbed on the dresser to a speaker hanging on the wall and then up to the armoire and top of the t.v. Now that's quite a shocking view at 2:30 in the morning! Last night she found a scented candle on my bedside table. It's wrapped in a netting and has a ribbon on it. My teeny kitty decided she wanted to take it to another room. Boom! to the floor and then drag, drag, drag... She left it in the middle of the floor and gave up. I cracked the bathroom window and raised the blind so she had something to distract her for a while. Jim says, 'Keep that cat awake during the day!' LOLOL

16. menageriekeeper

menageriekeeper Active Member

How funny, Diane! You're going to have to cat toy proof your bedroom.

I don't call animal control for two reasons. First, they don't really do anything and second I hate for my neighbors to call them on me! Leash laws here are relatively new and most people don't care one way or the other. The real problem with my dogs being blamed is that I have one set of really nasty neighbors and they like to the police over anything. I can't tell you how many times this woman has told my son that she has called animal control because the dogs were offleash. She told him once that one of the dogs had attacked her child, I guess licking could be considered an attack. ;)

It is actually a relief that mine can't be accused anymore and there are other dogs to point to. I'm not concerned about animal control, they haven't even bothered to call me about her complaints. I guess they are used to her by now. I don't want my dogs bothering the good neighbors though and some of them were complaining as well.

If this particular dog keeps appearing at my house though, I do plan on calling the number that I finally found on her collar. She's pretty slim so she may be lost. Or it may just be her owners don't know how to keep her up. Huskies are smart! Lots of lost dogs end up at my house for some reason. I had three others here yesterday. I knew where they belonged though and just had to call and tell them they were loose. Someone(or thing) had opened their fence.

Blackbird, I think that maybe Gib had rather admit to a cat than a barf bag. I sure he appreciates your attempt at a defense though. (good thing Blackbirds a preacher not a defense attorney, huh) [​IMG]

17. Debby in Philly

Faith:
    Baptist
    Diane, she tried to steal a candle? Maybe it was for the netting and ribbon. When one of mine was younger, he was a jewel thief and an unmentionables thief! He would steal necklace chains from my dresser, and upper undies from the laundry and leave them in the hall.

Letting her look out the window is a good idea. Mine can watch nothing for hours. She's just trying to make sure there are no rivals for her new-found territory and food providers. Or that there isn't any prey lurking outside.

18. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

It was a good sized round candle and probably weighs half what she does. LOLOL We've had to take anything off the counter in the bathroom like my earrings or lose coins. Middle of the night, bing, bing, bing... as they hit the floor. She's so cute tho! She's found a fun place to sleep while I'm on the computer.

[​IMG]
    Click here for larger picture.

19. Debby in Philly

Faith:
    Baptist
    Aw! She just wants to be near you. My other one (not the thief) will follow me around if I'm at home, and settle down nearby if I sit down somewhere. Of course, if I even just sit on the bed to change shoes, he thinks it's naptime and wants to settle down with me there as well.

20. I Am Blessed 24

We brought a 5-month old gray (almost black) kitten home yesterday.

The man we got her from said she loved to cuddle, so we promptly named her "Cuddles". Cuddles! Hah!

He told us to keep the cat carrier for a couple of days in case things didn't work out. Hah! He is getting her back TODAY! I don't need any more time to think about it.

Her name has now been changed from Cuddles to DESTROYER.

She has done nothing but hide under the couch since we brought her home. She is STILL under the couch!

She did, however, come out sometime during the night to destroy! She tore down a lighted Christmas ornament I had hanging in the family room window and destroyed the wires. She knocked 2 or 3 Christmas mugs I had on display, on a shelf, behind the couch.

She must have swung on the curtain rod on the sunporch as it is broken and hanging down along with the curtains. She also knocked down and destroyed 2 pots of ivy I had hanging in the windows on the sunporch. Broken pieces of pots and dirt everywhere (including on the curtains that are now laying on the floor).

Do I need this stress? NOT!

As soon as we can get her out from under the couch - she is gone. I am not a happy camper!