1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

COMMON GROUND COFFEE HOUSE #67

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by I Am Blessed 24, Jan 10, 2005.

1. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

GRACIOUS! I haven't weeded out my Christmas things in 35 seasons! I still have the 'gingerbread' ornaments we had on our first tree. I guess that's why I have 3 trees now. We have SO much that it almost fills the storage room that runs across the front of our 2 car garage. Hubby's tools are in one small area. Priorities people. LOL 346 days til Christmas Gib but only 315 days to decorate again.

May I be the first to wish you all.... Merry Christmas. LOL

2. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Let's remember to pray for DONNA today.

She is having gallbladder surgery.

3. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

I thought surgery was FRIDAY! YIKES! Thanks Sue

4. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

I checked, Sue and unless it's changed, surgery is tomorrow at 7:30 a.m. CST. We SHOULD begin praying today, tho, for her, the family, doctors, nurses, and all! Thanks for the reminder!

Diane

5. I Am Blessed 24

OOPS! You're right Diane. I have been a day ahead all week!

Her surgery is at 7:30 tomorrow (Friday) morning.

I wonder if the bad flooding they had in KY affected her area...

6. Debby in Philly

Debby in Philly Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was just catching up on this thread, and I shook my head at the thought of the reaction to suggesting a "pine car derby" here in the city. We have a real problem keeping kids and adults off the streets and sidewalks with their mini-bikes, which are supposed to not be street-legal.

Such is the difference between urban and small town life. But it's home.

It's supposed to go up to 60 degrees today! In January! I wonder if this means it's going to be a really hot summer.

7. chipsgirl

chipsgirl New Member

Sue. It looks like your rain is coming this way. I walked out this morning and it was so warm outside then I looked around the sky and figured it out. Looks like a big storm is coming. Makes me want to crawl back in bed.
    [​IMG]

8. I Am Blessed 24

Our rain changed to snow just a bit ago. It was 66º yesterday, 33º right now and 7º tonight!

We live in a small town and the scooters and mini-bikes are not street-legal here either. They also cannot be ridden on the sidewalks in the business area.

9. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

We live in the county outside of a tiny town. You can even shoot bb guns in your own yard. No loose dogs tho. In our subdivision, we aren't allowed clothes lines! :eek:

I've not seen ONE car on our street today except for Jack's mom bringing him. Most of the people leave for work before 7:00 a.m. The buses pick the children up at 6:50. No rain yet and it's 62° so Nick could ride his mini bike (remember... this is not a REAL mini bike like adults can ride...) after he finishes his school work.

http://www.jcpenney.net/guide/safety/scoot.jpg

His math is ODD today. I need to really look at what they're trying to show him. It's leading into another 'new skill' but I glanced at it and wasn't sure WHY they were having him do this one assignment. I'll look at it when Jack's gone. Sometimes it's a game type assignment. I didn't have the money to buy the teachers books so I have to try and guess where they're headed or what the directions would be. NEXT year maybe I can buy it all.

Little Jack has been so good today. He's laughed, played by himself and has eaten really good. He's laying on the floor watching a toddler t.v. show right now and looks like he could fall asleep. Mom won't be here for about 1 1/2 hours. Her class ends at 12:15. I have NO KIDS tomorrow.

10. Gib

Gib Active Member

Maybe Nick will let you ride his scooter, Yee-haww!!

11. menageriekeeper

menageriekeeper Active Member

Good Morning Everyone!

The storms have passed us here, leaving us wet and about 10 degrees cooler.

Diane, if Nick is going to ride today, you better let him do it now. This rain is headed your way.

I sent Bitsy to school today. They sat in the hallway for about an hour because of a tornado warning. Sigh....I'd of kept her home if I'd known they weren't going to get anything done.

Have a good day......

12. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

YIKES! I checked the radar and it's right at the Ala. line so 24 miles from us. The tornado warnings are one county below us so far. Thanks for the heads up. The wind has already picked up so I'm sure it'll be bad pretty soon.

Hope Jack's mom gets here before the storm hits! She has to drive home, west of us, on some twisting country 2 lane roads.

13. menageriekeeper

menageriekeeper Active Member

It moved through real fast here and within an hour of the first warning it was completely over. So if Jack's mom makes it to your house before the storm she can wait it out for a few minutes and then head on west. The rain coming behind the storm is not as heavy as the rain that comes during the storm.

14. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Boy Howdy, all. Put Donna's surgery on our prayer list. God has been good to our BB members and we need to praise Him for it.

Son JP is back at work, but trying to "slow down" after his heart/stress problem. It is hard with a start-up business (5 million in debt before you open the door) and he is the head honcho. LOTS of pressure.

Son Josh is preaching at the Thurs night CRAVE service at S'back. 750-900 college students come, allowing them to minister in the church on the regular weekend services (their church has 6 services and they ask folks to attend one in worship, then attend another one to serve) so it is "big time".

And he is pumped. Since being on TPIR on Monday (and kissing Bob Barker!) he has LOTS of illustrations for that age student!

Pray everyone is having a good day. 4F with a snow cover of a few inches here in casper.

15. I Am Blessed 24

Our inch of rain is turning into several inches of snow and blizzard-like conditions. You can't really see how hard it is snowing in the pictures. The wind is blowing hard too, making visability very poor!

Anyone want some?
    [​IMG]
    CLICK TO ENLARGE

Wanna help Brent?
    [​IMG]
    CLICK TO ENLARGE

Time to do papers and go to the corner.

Oh joy! Oh joy!
    §ue :eek:

16. LarryN

LarryN New Member

Ugh! We're looking at forecasted lows between -17F and -22F for the next three nights. The forecasted HIGH's for Fri/Sat/Sun aren't supposed to get above -0-. The next time we see positive numbers will probably be Mon afternoon, the way it sounds.

17. chipsgirl

chipsgirl New Member

It's pouring the rain here now. What a boring day and a slow one on the BB too.

18. I Am Blessed 24

It's not boring here! Did you see the pictures I posted on the previous page???

19. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

It started storming when I picked up the kids and it's dropped 18 degrees since it started! It's still 50° tho and it seems to have slacked off for a little while. The tornado watch is blocks from us.

20. chipsgirl

chipsgirl New Member

Sue, those pictures are gorgeous. We don't much get that kind of weather around here. Mostly just rain.