1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

COMMON GROUND COFFEE HOUSE #68

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by I Am Blessed 24, Jan 19, 2005.

1. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

He might as well find out now. [​IMG]

2. chipsgirl

chipsgirl New Member

oh no. I can learn though.

3. Debby in Philly

Debby in Philly Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Cut up a big salad! Lots of different stuff.
    Throw in some drained water-pack tuna.
    Top off with low carb Italian dressing.
    Whole wheat bread on the side.

There ya go!

4. chipsgirl

chipsgirl New Member

Oh I can do that and I love tuna. Maybe some garlic butter for the bread (not good for my cholesterol I would assume)
    Thanks Debby!

5. I Am Blessed 24

6. menageriekeeper

menageriekeeper Active Member

Chips dear, run over to your mothers and get some homemade soup out of her freezer, grab a loaf of bread from the deli and a salad bag and a fresh bottle of salad dressing and you'll be good to go. That is if Debby's idea doesn't grab you. (T would die if I served it to him)

Then I want to know how long you've dated him that he doesn't already know that you can't cook. And how you made it to adulthood without learning how to cook. [​IMG]

Whew, what a day! I can't say I haven't accomplished much today cause I haven't hardly sat down. Now I'm tired and I still need to sort clothes and make Precious' pants. I'll have to see if I can get my energy back.

7. chipsgirl

chipsgirl New Member

Thanks a ton!

8. chipsgirl

chipsgirl New Member

My mom wasn't really much into cooking cause she worked two jobs. I lived off happy meals (probably why I have high cholesterol at age 27). I've been dating my boyfriend for over 8 months and I have cooked him lots of desserts but never a real meal. I told him a long time ago I couldn't cook so maybe that's why it never came up. He volunteers to cook for me and I'd be stupid to say no. His food is incredible!

9. chipsgirl

chipsgirl New Member

Sue, the salmon patties on that thread sound delicious.

10. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Sorry to not be here Chipsgirl! Glad Gib wasn't here tho! We know what he'd recommend you cook!

Baked chicken is always easy. I sprinkle mine with garlic salt. Breasts take about an hour and all you do is stick them in the oven at 350°. Do you have a microwave? You can 'bake' yams, sweet potatoes or regular baking potatoes in only minutes. Some butter, sour cream and bacon bits if you're into that type thing, top it nicely. I steam veggies but you could even use canned peas. Buy the salad that's in bags. Make sure you check the date on the bag tho!

11. chipsgirl

chipsgirl New Member

I already thought about what Gib would say! Haha. I actaully have some sweet potatoes at home. That sounds kind of good.

12. menageriekeeper

menageriekeeper Active Member

Chips, if he cooks you better keep him!

I love it when T cooks! He claims he learned to cook because I couldn't. I allow that particular delusion to continue and sometimes I even encourage it. :D :eek: [​IMG] [​IMG]

T works late tonight so I don't have to cook. I'll just open a can of soup or something for the kids. Or let them make pancakes. They love to make thier own pancakes. Even Bitsy stands in a chair and flips her own.

13. Gib

Gib Active Member

Well actually, Would have suggested brown rice (instant)green beans and a salad. Wash it down with an orange and call it a night.

14. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Evening all (though most now abed) form warm Wyoming. Hit 60F today (above 70F in Denver) and it was a joy to get out. Mountain still has a couple/3 feet of snow for skiers and snowmobilers, but none remaining in town.

Got a nice turkey breast on sale ($5 for 6+ lbs) so cooked it in the crock pot from 8 am-7 pm. Talk about tender and juicy. Add stovetop dressing and gravy and peas and cranberry (about NO work) and the wife came home from the clinic figuring I'd worked a long time! Ha!

Being a house-husband is not all that bad. And enjoyed watching some inaugural events. Still having some issues walking a lot, so trying to stay out of shoes and get some relief.

15. TaterTot

TaterTot Guest

Howdy!! Chipsgirl, I cant believe you asked MEEEEEEE for cooking tips!!!! No one EVER does that!! :)Let us know what yall had.

I had a fairly productive day today. I had a lipid profile done this morning before heading to Jazzercise, then took the girls to ballet lessons. Came home and gave DH the car so he could head to the seminary. So I cleaned the house and did a load of laundry. Then I made some gumbo (my first attempt - and it was actually good!), taught lessons all afternoon, then after getting the kids to bed I went to the church (across street) to decorate for dd's b/day party Saturday. Whew. I am so T-A-R-D tard I could... (anybody know how that ends??) [​IMG]

Have a good night, yall!

16. I Am Blessed 24

Good morning all:

23º here with a wind chill of 12º and an expected high of 28º with dense fog.

Freezing rain this afternoon with an inch or more of snow overnight.

IS IT SPRING YET???

Still have a bad back, may have to give in and see the Chiropractor. It just hurt when getting in or out of a chair (or the car) until last night, but this morning, it is hurting even when I'm sitting.

Brent has an appointment for an eye exam at 10:00 this morning and I am taking another grandson, Seth, to the Orthodontist at 10:00 (good thing the two offices are only a block apart)!

Cruising,
    §ue [​IMG]

17. Dan Todd

Dan Todd Active Member

chipsgirl said:
    And I was going to suggest having her mother do the cooking - like Marie Barone on Everybody Loves Raymond!

But then she said:
    So I guess that leaves out her mother's cooking - especially if she cooks Italian like Mrs. Barone!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

PS - When I read farther - I discovered that her mother doesn't cook much either.

My mother was a great cook - but neither of my sisters learned to cook from her. My youngest sister is a manager for McDonalds - and does very little cooking. There are a lot of empty pizza boxes at her house. My other sister is fortunate - both of her husbands have been good cooks - so she has been able to get away with not cooking much! [​IMG] [​IMG]

DIANE and SUE - I thought about making this a double post - but decided not to - are you proud of me. I haven't been on BB much since last June - and could use the extra posts! [​IMG] [​IMG]

18. chipsgirl

chipsgirl New Member

Well I sure got lucky! On my way home from work, John called to see if, instead of cooking, we wanted to go to dinner with his family. Well, now I have all day to come up with a meal for tonight. [​IMG] :D

19. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Granddaughter Cami Rose is have oral surgery as I type. She is only 3 but her teeth are falling apart. A number have holes through them and two broken. Ugh.

When they tried to do some work, she moved to violently that the drill hit gum and bled a lot. So this time they looped her on valium and put her under.

Grandma and I have been up a while praying for her. Lots of trauma that will probably make dental care hard the rest of her life. But praying they can fix things okay until the baby teeth are gone.

Supposed to be another hot one in Casper - up to 60F again. Then cool back into highs of 30-40F for the next week. Trust everyone else is enjoying a nice day.

20. chipsgirl

chipsgirl New Member

Awww. Poor little thing. What caused her teeth do do this at such a young age if you don't mind me asking?