1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

COMMON GROUND COFFEE HOUSE #70

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by I Am Blessed 24, Feb 11, 2005.

1. menageriekeeper

menageriekeeper Active Member

I'm sensing the need for anti-Walmart strategies! LOL

Do you believe it, the icecream man is out in the neighborhood today! To bad the kids spent my last 3 dollars at the arcade. (not!)

2. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

The ICE CREAM MAN! Already??? Good Grief! Ice Cream is EVIL! Once on the lips... forever on the hips!

3. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

I'm kinda like Erma Bombeck.

She asked, "If you knew tomorrow would be your last day on earth; would you eat dessert tonight?"

4. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I miss Erma Bombeck. She was so funny and truthful at the same time. She was a classic.

Peace-
    S.O.

5. I Am Blessed 24

Yes, she could take an average, normal, everday, happening and make it sound hysterical!

Brent is taking a shower now and then I will take mine.

He is sleeping with me tonight so Laura, Seth, and Noah can have his bunk beds and Bobby (from Kansas) can have the spare room.

We are going to bed early and watch TV ending with Monk at 9:00. I doubt he'll be getting much sleep over the week-end with his cousins...

Plus, I have to get up at 3:00 a.m. and do the papers.

Pleasant dreams all!
    §ue [​IMG]

6. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Can I come watch it at YOUR house Sue so I can be home to watch NUMB3RS at 10:00. ;)

Ah sleep! I'll end up watching t.v. til midnight at least but I can sleep in tomorrow if Jim and Patches will let me.

Get this.... the cat has figured out how to shove her little mouse under a tiny curved opening on the base of our dresser. We can't get it back out tho so she'll lay there and SCREAM for her mouse. Three times last night, I got up, laid down on the floor, used my foot to til the dresser back so I could dig out the mouse and hush up the cat! I finally took the mouse out into the living room. Jim went and bought her 2 more mice and 2 sponge balls today. She's really cute. She brings the mice in her mouth, screaming for you to look and then drops them at your feet like 'Look! I just killed this for you'. Then she'll pick it up, walk out of the room, come RIGHT BACK into the room and do it all over! She's funny. [​IMG]

7. TaterTot

TaterTot Guest

Hey yall.

MenagerieKeeper: I went to bed after talking with you last night, and DH took the munchkin to bed - it was around 1:00am I think. No nap for her today!!!

As for my soup: it actually was good!!! The rice cooker boiled it for a while then it just kept it warm after that (just like it does rice) but it wasnt as warm (insulated) as a crock pot.
    And the quesadillas were awesome!!! (if I say so myself!)

But I am with Diane: not normally a good idea

8. I Am Blessed 24

Good morning all:

I slept with Brent and it was like sleeping with someone who had 8 knees and elbows. They were in my back most of the night!

Papers are done, hubby has gone to work until 10:00, Laura and the boys are here, Bobby didn't show up and everyone else is still asleep until 6:30 (except Oreo who likes to play this time of the morning)!

I think I am going to just read my book and nap this morning after everyone leaves. What a treat! [​IMG]

9. Gib

Gib Active Member

Speaking of leaves, that's what we're burning today. Many cardboard boxes and several limbs later, we hope to be rid of much.

10. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Morning all. I watched t.v. until 1:00 a.m. our time so I got to see NUMB3RS, Joan of Arcadia and Monk, in that order starting at 10:00. Jim coughed and choked til then anyhow so ... He's got an appointment at 11:00 today an hour from here. Most of the sales guys refuse to do Saturday appointments.

What's everyone doing today?

11. menageriekeeper

menageriekeeper Active Member

Good Morning Everyone!

No sleeping in going on here this morning. Precious has to be at our local college this morning to take the ACT test as part of Duke Univ. talent search. We've been up since 6 o'clock, she made sure she wasn't late!

Sue, Son came in and saw your dancing banana and ask why it was dancing. I told him it must be happy, to which he replied "It won't be happy when it gets eaten!" LOL, Son always has something smart to say.

This morning we are going to do some cleaning. Then two basketball games, then I think we'll eat out for lunch/dinner and celebrate Valentine's and Bitsy's birthday.

Gotta start moving.....

12. Linscott

Linscott New Member

TT, sounds like your're "domesticated" enough to be ingenious!! I have to make some scones for a ladies tea at church. Do "proper" scones have to be a certain shape (wedges, circle, square, diamond) or can they be any shape I want? I'm not sure why I signed up to make something that I am not even sure how to make. HELP!!!

I could sure use a cup of cinnamon hazelnut cappuccino and some a cream-filled chocolate (if there are any left!!!)

13. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

14. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

All the scones I have had here are more like a heavy American biscuit. Never seen them made the way they are shown here. They are usually shaped individually, like the American biscuit.

15. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

This one seems to be 'English'.
    Basic British Scones
    After much trial and error, I've come up with this basic scone recipe which rivals the scones at "Tea & Sympathy" in NYC.
    Prep Time: approx. 15 Minutes. Cook Time: approx. 10 Minutes. Ready in: approx. 25 Minutes. Makes 1 dozen (12 servings).
    Printed from Allrecipes, Submitted by Angela Martini
    --------------------------------------------------
    2 cups all-purpose flour
    1 teaspoon cream of tartar
    1/2 teaspoon baking soda
    1 pinch salt
    1/4 cup margarine
    1/8 cup white sugar
    1/2 cup milk
    2 tablespoons milk

Directions
    1 Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.

2 Sift the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt into a bowl.

3 Rub in the butter until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Stir in the sugar and enough milk to mix to a soft dough.

4 Turn onto a floured surface, knead lightly and roll out to a 3/4-inch thickness. Cut into 2-inch rounds and place on the prepared baking sheet. Brush with milk to glaze.

5 Bake at 425 degrees F (220 degrees C) for 10 minutes then cool on a wire rack. Serve with butter or clotted cream and jam.

16. Linscott

Linscott New Member

Thanks for your help! I used a basic recipe like the one you listed, Diane - and my scones do look like tiny biscuits. (I used the lid of my vitamin jar to cut them [​IMG] ) I sprinkled cinnamon on half and will have blueberry jam for the others. Hope they taste okay?!?!

Does anyone know, how much do you usually tip the waitstaff at this coffeehouse? Jennifer

17. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Jennifer, just send cash to Diane Tavegia, 209... LOLOL

Honestly, we all enjoy this fun place of refuge. Sue keeps out any fussing or fighting and gives us a fun place to really get to know each other.

18. I Am Blessed 24

Until they fall over. :rolleyes: ;) :D

Well, I made good on my morning plans. I sat in the recliner, crocheted, and watched Monk again (hoping it would be better than it was last night) it wasn't. I miss Sherona and the Captain!

I fell asleep about 10:30 this morning and dozed off and on until almost 1:00! :eek: I guess I needed it. I miss Brent, but the peace and quiet, and the freedom to do what I want, when I want, is WONDERFUL!

Hubby is napping now. We were going to have Prime Rib tonight, but NOW I'm not sure if I want to get all 'gussied' up to go out and eat or just stay home and 'lounge'...

19. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

I stayed up and watched Monk last night from midnight til 1 and was quite disappointed too, Sue. The new girl is cute and trampy looking like Sharona was but I liked the interaction she and her son had with Monk. They also didn't have Monk be as OCD last night. I saw him touch things.... step on things.... ignore cracks, etc.

20. Gib

Gib Active Member

I'm plum tuckered out and smell like smoke from head to toe. Cheryl won't let me lay down in the bed, so, I think I'm going to lay in my truck and roll the windows down. It's very nice outside.