1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

COMMON GROUND COFFEE HOUSE #81

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by I Am Blessed 24, Jun 20, 2005.

1. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

You betcha Sue! God IS good, all the time!

Hey... did you pull your emergency brake? Sometimes if it's not fully disengaged the brakes will squeal.

Jim's STILL working. LOL I'm being VERY good! Not one snack again today. I ate an apple with a tablespoon of peanut butter for lunch and am having a salad with some grilled chicken on top for supper. I get those bags of mixed lettuces when they're buy one get one free and slice up a tomato. The dressing is too spicy so I'll have a tummy ache later but a 'smaller' tummy ache.

Hey, that Ab-Doer that I got off www.freecycle.org is GREAT. The videos have you do all these stretching type movements and there's a roller on the back of the chair that makes it feel like you're getting a massage at the same time. Neat! Freecycle ROCKS!

2. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Let's push this over to 20 pages so Sue can get a new Coffee House started before beginning her busy weekend!

Diane

3. menageriekeeper

menageriekeeper Active Member

Let's see if I can push it over the edge.

Squealing brakes usually mean you need new brake shoes. A job that Dale could probably do himself in a few weeks if you weren't going to need to do a lot of driving. Since you have to drive, you better have them checked out. If you're really handy (and cheap) you could probably change them out yourself with the help of a Chilton guide to your vehicle. :D

All these storms are keeping me from getting my back yard finished. :mad: We've been working on it for two years now and I'm very ready to have it done. (at least the have too's)

Hey Diane! I finally found that baby pattern I was looking for. I had to clean out my closet to find it but.....

Hopefully I'll get started making it sometime this weekend, IF the power stays on. Can't work on it much tomorrow. Between the kids karate clinic and the blueberries at my Dad's that need picking, I'll be to busy to sew.

Speaking of sewing, I have to go sew the patches on the kids uniforms. Son got his mostly done before class this evening but I didn't have time to tack down the edges or do the girls uniforms. Son told his teacher that he was the favorite kid so he got his uniform done first! :eek: [​IMG] He just doesn't want to hear that his uniform was the guinea pig and all the mistakes are on it. ;)

Sue glad to hear Dale is improving. Will continue to pray.

Let's see, did I put it to page 20?

4. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Nope. Still on page 19 so we'll have to post short and sweet or maybe Sue can just start a new one early. I think she can break the rules under the circumstances.

So, Looks like you'll be getting BIG winds and rains by Monday afternoon Cindi. Our paper say Georgia had 6 tornados from TS Cindy.

Jim actually saw 5 people today. He had to reschedule 3 for Monday. Since they had a bunch of salesmen quit, he and another guy are covering 1/4th of Georgia! The women in the office forget to allow drive time and will set up appointments an hours drive from the previous one with a turn around and go back the other way an hour!!! LOL

5. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

I think it's 15 posts per page.

6. menageriekeeper

Well let me try again!

T spent a good part of his day making sure that the computer systems/people where he works are prepared for Dennis. Had to get everyone in the storm preparedness mode. Hurricanes are a pain in the neck!

Jim's gonna get wet Monday!

7. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Evening all:

Thanks for posting! LOL

Actually, I don't have to start a new CH until it reaches 300 posts, but I usually start it at page 20.

If y'all don't mind, I will do it in the morning when I get back from doing the papers. I am really tired tonight.

As if I didn't have enough to deal with, one of the drunken neighbors jerked a snowball bush I planted two weeks ago right out of the ground and threw it into my yard. I had bricks around it to protect it until it got a little stronger. He said the bricks were two inches on his property line and I was trying to take over his yard (they mow once a month)!

Now, before we finish the fence, we will have to hire a surveyor just so everything is nice and legal. After he went in the house, I picked my bush up and just stood there and cried. I'm sure it wasn't just over the bush, but that was the last straw after the last few days.

I can't use a shovel to plant it anyplace else because of my toe and Brent can't do it with his arm in a sling and of course Dale can't do it, so right now it is in a large flower pot outside.

I can't believe I had the grace to say to him, "God bless you"! That certainly isn't what my flesh wanted to say...

I'm going to bed!

Pleasant dreams all!
    §ue

8. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Oh Sue.... Well that's just mean. God bless YOU for dealing with it so nicely. I would get a surveyor tho.... or you'll find your fence kicked down in another of his drunken rages.

[​IMG]

I'd LOVE to have this on my property line even if it WERE the neighbors bush!

9. menageriekeeper

Bad neighbors are the pits! I have two, one semi-next door and one that is on the next block. Luckily the one that is closest is a whole lot better than the other one.

The woman on the next block just loves to find reasons to call the police on the rest of us. Tells them we are speeding or calls them because one of the kids(not just mine) have dared to ride their four wheeler or dirt bike on the neighborhood streets. Anything she can think of. Another favorite of hers is to call the cities one and only animal control guy to come pick up whichever neighbor's dog that has gotten loose that day. Very, very annoying person, who resists all attempts to make friends. (it's very rare that I find someone who simply won't be friendly if I'm friendly first)

The guy next door just yells when the kids get in his yard. Kids know they're not supposed to be in his yard anyway, so that doesn't bother us a whole lot. I guess he's old enough(almost as old as Methusala) that if he doesn't want kids around, he doesn't have to have them around. At least he doesn't go out of his way to be unfriendly.

Get some rest tonight Sue, you deserve it! I wouldn't mind that snowball bush either!

10. padredurand

padredurand Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

11. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

It is time to relocate again. We have enjoyed your patronage. Please join us at the "COMMON GROUND COFFEE HOUSE #82".

Thanks!
    §ue [​IMG]