1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

COMMON GROUND COFFEE HOUSE #81

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by I Am Blessed 24, Jun 20, 2005.

1. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

So sorry, Tony, to hear that things have gone from bad to worse. Will you be able to travel in such pain? Certainly will pray for all your needs.

Sue, praying for Ember and hope the website I sent you can help!

Well, I'm pretty tired tonight. I had taken a 'water pill' on Thurs. and Fri. mornings and by last night, my mouth was feeling really nasty with a coated tongue. I looked it up today and found water pills are made with sulfa and I'm allergic! The pharmacist said to throw them away and use Benadryl until the reaction had passed. The Benadryl makes me sleepy.

Night all and God bless!
    Diane

2. Gayla

Gayla New Member

Goodness Gracious!!

Lots of BB friends to pray for tonight! (As I 've said before, you sure do miss alot when ya stay out of here for a few days)
    I've had a bit of a troublesome week myself. Woke up Tuesday with a terribly throbbing tooth, and woke up Wednesday with a terribly swollen jaw.
    Went to the dentist and was immediately sent next door to an oral surgeon and had 7 teeth removed! :eek:
    Am taking antibiotics for 10 days.
    Diane, do you take the "Good Bacteria" while taking the anti-biotic or do you wait till they're all taken? I've been taking both.

Will say a special prayer for Y'all tonight.
    Gayla

[​IMG]

3. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Thanks, Diane.

Ember is my 9-year-old granddaughter who is having a CAT Scan, and an MRI, Tuesday, to see if she has a brain tumor. She has recently lost the hearing in one ear. A lot of things have been ruled out but no cause has yet been found.

I would appreciate prayers for her.

Thanks and pleasant dreams all!

§ue (a concerned Grandma) [​IMG]

4. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Take them at the SAME time and then continue to take the 'good bacteria' for several weeks after. Did they give you Clindamycin? Sure made me sick!

Gayla, did you have a bad abscess? Seven teeth? Must be from the chemo. I do believe I've read that before but may be wrong.

My tongue is still a little coated today. The first day, it looked like I'd painted it with white shoe polish! I guess I should be thankful the only reaction I had to the sulfa was the coated tongue! I assume that's what it is.

Sue, I read that even enlarge tonsils and or adenoids can cause hearing loss. So can undiagnosed sinus problems. Praying it's something simple!

Diane

5. I Am Blessed 24

Good morning all:

Thanks, Diane. They have already ruled out all the 'simple' things with a battery of tests. That's why they're pulling out the 'big guns'.

How is your visit coming along?

I was up at 5:00 and outside watering the garden and flowers in the back yard, and the flowers, and bushes in the front yard. It takes me about an hour in the morning and an hour in the evening since we're in the middle of a drought and no rain in sight...

It was nice sitting outside in the swing this morning with a cup of coffee and the Sunday newspaper, but it is getting sticky already from the humidity.

I have pork chops in the crockpot for dinner, and am also having potato salad, applesauce, and cold slaw.

Cruising,
    §ue [​IMG]

6. Wife of One

Wife of One New Member

Wow Sue i'm coming to your house for dinner hehe.

I had a few hours of sleep and i'm going to enjoy my only day off! ... I think we are going to go to the Drive ins tonight. But, I don't know it's awfully hot. I'll see you around the site

[hugs]
    Wendy Lea

7. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Wow, I had a nice LONG nap. Mother left before we left for church today. She will NOT attend church with us. :( The visit was fine. Mother cannot handle staying at home so I took her to look at houses near here and then she and Nick went to Wal-Mart. She'll look at every aisle twice and not buy anything. I'm too fat and the bedroom was too hot. The cat is too noisy, etc.

We're going to grill steaks for supper, baked potatoes and some steamed broccoli.

So, tonight is ironing for the week to come and I have all 4 kids tomorrow. I think I'll have a four day weekend coming up and maybe LONGER. Ty's parents don't take 'real' vacations but she'll take an extra day once in a while. [​IMG] I expect him Mon - Wed. and the other kids are Mon., Tues., and Thurs. this week. I think there's only 5 weeks left until school starts so the big sister will only come during school holidays after that.

Tony, I know you're not heading out for a 'vacation', but if you're nearby and need a sandwich and a cold drink ..... we'd love to meet you in person.

8. JulieMarie

JulieMarie New Member

Hi I am new....nice to meet ya'll. Steak sounds good diane I'll be right over.

9. I Am Blessed 24

Hi Julie and welcome to the Coffee House. I hope you'll become a regular!

Brent just got back from swimming. He has two friends who live down the block. They are staying with their Grandma this summer. Grandma took them to the pool and invited Brent to go along.

I took a short nap. It would have been longer, but a bad cramp in my toes woke me up. :mad:

Steak DOES sound good, but I haven't bought any for a long time because it hasn't been on sale...

Watching "Columbo" now.

10. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Looks like rain for part of the day everyday this coming week here. It's 71°'s and pretty breezy. Should be good sleeping weather all week. [​IMG]

The steak was okay. We didn't tenderize it for as long as usual. We buy one and share it for all of us. Pudgy as my abdomen is, I really don't eat much at all.

I've got Jim's work clothes out and the iron is heating up. With such a nice breeze, I PLAN on doing the whole weeks worth tonight.

11. menageriekeeper

menageriekeeper Active Member

Howdy folks!

I tried to sleep all afternoon, but everytime I got good asleep either a kid woke me up or the phone did! :mad: Finally I just had them make me a pot of coffee and serve me a cup with some blackberry cobbler. [​IMG]

Scattered afternoon showers here too, next week. I gaurentee that if I water the plants or try to mow it'll rain.

Sue, Tony, and Gayla, I'm praying for you all.

Wife of One, take yourself to that MRI! Better safe than sorry.

Diane, I'm glad you survived your mother's visit. I hope you'll survive your ironing! ;)

12. padredurand

padredurand Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Diane, what was my momma doing visiting you? You know that filter that lets you think things but not say 'em? My momma broke hers about 20 years ago. One of these days she'll be on to Glory and I will miss her terribly. Go figure.

I told my kids, "If I ever start acting like grandma...." You now what they said? "IF?" Like they say, before you get too hard on the old girl walk a mile in her shoes. That way you'll be a mile away and you'll have her shoes! [​IMG]

Your momma don't know fat, Sister. When you have more chins than a Chinese phonebook: that's fat. I haven't seen the underside of 300lbs in years. I could lose your whole body weight and still displace my share of water. When folks say I need to get into shape I remind them that round is a shape!

Fella told me one time that he thought I was fat. I said, "And you're ugly. I can always diet!"

Well look, now you've gone and done it. I got so worked up I gotta head for the kitchen and paw through the leftovers!

13. I Am Blessed 24

[​IMG] padre [​IMG]

I am just stopping in to say good night. We are all tired tonight and going to bed early.

Pleasant dreams all!
    §ue [​IMG]

14. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Blackbird is surprised that all the "Women Folk" at the coffee shop didn't notice his noticeable absence while he was away in Nashville over to the Southern Baptist Convention-------see, Padre----whats true of one woman is true of all the others-----#1 They don't recognize your fatness and #2 They don't recognize Blackbird's absence!!!

In fact-----about the only thing noticeable is their noticeable desire to not be Nocturnal!!!

15. padredurand

padredurand Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You were gone? :D [​IMG]

Speaking of fatness... You're fat when the fire department asks you not to wear corduroy out of fear you'll set yourself on fire. You're fat of you look like two rhinos fightin' under a blanket when you walk up steps.

That said, I'm going for another snack and then off to la-la land.

16. Gayla

Gayla New Member

"Did they give you Clindamycin? Sure made me sick!"

Yep! So far, so good.

"Gayla, did you have a bad abscess? Seven teeth? Must be from the chemo. I do believe I've read that before but may be wrong."

They called it an infection, didn't use the word abcess. [Is there a difference?]
    I think the chemo hastened the problem with my teeth. :(

I already had a bottle of the Rexall brand Extra Strength Acidophilus tablets, and was taking a couple a week, but I've been taking them every day since I got the Clindamycin.

Y'all have a good night.

I'll try to start popping in a little more often.

[​IMG]

17. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

You were gone? :D [​IMG]

Speaking of fatness... You're fat when the fire department asks you not to wear corduroy out of fear you'll set yourself on fire. You're fat of you look like two rhinos fightin' under a blanket when you walk up steps.

That said, I'm going for another snack and then off to la-la land.
    </font>[/QUOTE]You know you're fat---when you're at school and you turn around in your desk and you erase the blackboard!!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

18. I Am Blessed 24

Good morning all:

Another hot, muggy, day. I'm going out to water the garden and flowers before the sun comes up.

Cyal,
    §ue

19. menageriekeeper

menageriekeeper Active Member

Morning Ya'll!

This cheery Monday morning, the kids all trade chores and I have to take Precious to the dentist. On the way I have to stop at the tire place and have tubes put into my lawnmower tires in the hopes that I can get another year out of them. Then it's out to mow the grass IF it doesn't rain. I need to weedeat too, cause I can't get the push mower started. It'll have to be replaced I'm sure. I can't complain since it was a cheap mower at the start with, I've used for 5 years AND in the winter it got stored under the deck(not exactly waterproof). Replacing it has to wait till payday after the bills get paid.

Kitty cat has an upset stomach this morning. I wish I knew what to give her and what she ate that she wasn't supposed to. She doesn't act sick, Son has been teaching her to fetch already this morning. Only she doesn't like to give up her ball so he has to fetch her before he can toss it again! [​IMG] They should both be wore out by now!

Stay cool.....

20. Debby in Philly

Debby in Philly Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hello all!!

Church picnic was a wonderful time! Not as many came as we had hoped, but for the first time a lot of the folks from different ethnicities mixed in and had a good time! Water balloons are a great barrier breaker.

Have a wonderful story to share. We have a young woman in our church who has been in a wheelchair for eleven years. Very recently, she reported to her doctors that she was having some feeling in her legs. They all told her that was impossible, but tested her anyway. It appeared to be true, but without explanation, so she started therapy. Many of us knew she was making some progress, but we also knew that her muscles were weak and atrophied, and that nothing much might come of it. But this Sunday during the service, the pastor announced that she had a testimony to share. So what does she do, but get up out of her chair and walk over to the podium!!!! After 11 years!!!! Well, the congregation went nuts!! I've never heard so much "Amens" and "Praise the Lords" and clapping in our church ever! When she could finally speak, she told of how her MRI showed nothing different, and that the doctors were even using the word miracle! She was not looking to be healed, she said, just praying that God would begin to use her. This is how He answered. She was in my new teachers class the hour before, and didn't let on. The effect on everyone was amazing. The pastor's planned sermon was on Ezekiel's "dry bones" vision. What a morning!

Isn't our Lord wonderful?!