1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

COMMON GROUND COFFEE HOUSE #84

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by I Am Blessed 24, Aug 11, 2005.

1. MargoWriter

MargoWriter New Member

Gibster--great, good stuff, bang on, cool, ace, nice, bonzer!

[​IMG]

2. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

I've got one angry one year old here today. I've never seen such tantrums!! I think they were out really late at church last night as Dad asked for prayer for a situation something like Tony's going through but this fella has slapped me, is throwing things, kicking, screaming, trying to bite, slamming doors while screaming... YIKES. I finally put him in a playpen and he's still thrashing and hollering (not crying). Odd...

3. MargoWriter

MargoWriter New Member

Too much computer time. [​IMG]

But, yeah, they do that sometimes! My little brother (now 12) went through a stage kind of like that when he was about 3 or 4.

4. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

This one is 12 months old!!! He just tried to slap me again and then grabbed his cup, when he missed, and threw it. It's not constant. If something catches his attention, like Ty playing with the puppy, he'll stop for a few minutes and then starts again.

5. MargoWriter

MargoWriter New Member

There's nothing for it--lock him in a closet. :eek:

6. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

LOL, that's why he's in the playpen! I can't control him and watch a 3 year old, 4 year old, 7 year old, 10 year old, cat and dog and two of the kids have chicken pox!

7. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Put him in a high chair and place a feather and a drop of syrup on the tray. ;)

8. menageriekeeper

menageriekeeper Active Member

Hate to say it Diane, but if this is totally out of character for him he is either coming down with something(chickenpox?) or he is in pain somewhere he can't express.

Sounds like you have had quite a day. I hope it's over by now.

My kids all enjoyed themselves today at school. I hope this means we'll have a better year.

I'm just now getting supper cooked. After school was gymnastics. Supper didn't occur to me till we were on our way home. I've got to get used to the weekly schedule again and find my crockpot!

9. MargoWriter

MargoWriter New Member

Good point, menagerie ... when I was eating out with my sister-in-law and my nephew (1) and a friend, my nephew all of a sudden started crying and making faces--then he'd stop when he got distracted, and then start up again.

Finally we figured out that he had probably curled his toes up in his shoe and couldn't get them uncurled again, and after my sister-in-law took his shoes off he was fine. :rolleyes:

10. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

The dad was late coming to pick them up and while the girls were getting their books together, Brayden proceeded to bang his head on the front door repeatedly, slapped dad and tried to slap me. He didn't nap since early a.m. and was pulling at his left ear. Also he had yellow drainage from his nose.

I skipped the syrrup and feather and gave him Cocoa Puffs instead. That kept him happy for a while.

I'm guessing he won't get chicken pox because he just got the shot a few months ago but SOMETHING was wrong. His 4 year old sister kept waking him up when he'd start to doze off. She has just recently started this with any of the kids. Dad promised her a spanking and early to bed for disturbing others and not staying in bed during nap time.

Well.... Cook's bought new shirts for all the guys. Jim already had the new material in his long sleeved but not the short sleeved. I took the new ones to the cleaners, per bosses command, to get out the factory folds BUT we need a shirt for tomorrow so I must iron a shirt and then am heading to bed. I only have Ty tomorrow and Jim's first appointment is 10 miles from here at 8 a.m. so he can sleep in!

Night all.... TTYL
    Diane

11. padredurand

padredurand Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Diane, sure you're not watching someone from Tony's church.

MargoWriter! Welcome back.

VBS all this week. Long story short, I ended up being in charge of recreation. Those kids have worn me to a frazzle.

12. I Am Blessed 24

Just popping in to say good night. I stayed up waaaaaaay too late playing Parcheesi!

Pleasant dreams all!
    §ue

13. menageriekeeper

Looks like Sue slept in this morning and Tony too!

Hope you all enjoyed it. [​IMG]

So, coffee will be ready in a moment, there is fresh juice, doughnuts and muffins, along with some freshly made bisquits with my homemade fig or blueberry preserves. Add butter at your own risk. ;)

Now that that is finished, ya'll pray for Son and I today. He woke up with a major migraine this morning. So bad that he wants to see the doctor and get a DHE treatment(IV, inpatient). It is Friday and his doc is often off site doing clinic work. Pray that we can get the treatment today, anyway. Or that Son will experience full relief from it in a hurry!

Other than that, today is Friday and I don't have anything else planned or that has to be done. So if we don't end up in B'ham getting a treatment, I will sew some more. Only got about a third of what I wanted to get done, finished yesterday.

Ya'll have a good day.

14. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Morning Cindi and all who come after!

RAGWEED.... should begin Aug 15th, but with our daily rains (think Fla. weather), we're all congested and sneezing! I was up waiting for Ty (30 mins. late arriving YAWN) and could hear the man across the street sneezing out on his porch.

15. menageriekeeper

Now that is truely sad! Poor man, he must be miserable! T sneezes like that and the whole house shakes. We HATE ragweed!

16. Barnabas H.

Barnabas H. <b>Oldtimer</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hello MargoWriter and welcome back. I was wondering what happened with you, as I did not see any posts from you lately, until I have seen you fleetingly at Spurgeon's...... Good to have you back, and trust that you'll stay for the course. Our prayers are with you as you are changing your carrier, and wishing you much grace for handling those darling premature twins! [​IMG]

Hi everybody else! Lenke and I are also getting busy in packing and moving by the end of this month. We will have a temporary dwelling next to our church in Chappaqua, NY., where the Clintons are living - until our co-op will be ready to move in sometime in November or December. [​IMG]

Sue, due to the stress I took four (4) Dr Peppers this time. I need all the energy and picker upper today. Hope you have stacked up enough of this heavenly elixir? [​IMG] By the way, any update about your son's trip to Indiana? [​IMG]

17. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Reduced down to the least common denominator---Blackbird concluded that Spurgeon's must be some sort of Yankee version of the South's version of Cracker Barrell!!! But only Barnabas can tell us for sure----see??? Down here in the South---as we Southern Baptists make our way into Cracker Barrell----our ID's are checked----it proves that if you are some sort of ultra-Calvinist---you have to take a table in the smoking section away from all of the Armenians who refuse to inhale second hand smoke caused by all of the ultra-Calvinist preachers who are doing their best to be imitators of C H Spurgeon---who---as a out of the closet ultra-Calvinist ---- loved to puff on a big ole green "Stogy"

Am Blackbird IN context here---or am he out of context???

18. MargoWriter

MargoWriter New Member

LOL blackbird. [​IMG]

Anyway, you may not be too far off. ;) But I suggest you check it out for yourself. spurgey's, as I tend to call it &lt;--------- it's a link

This is one of my tamer haunts. :eek: heh

19. menageriekeeper

Word from the doc's office is that he is out of town for the weekend and we'll have to tough it out or go to the emergency room for stronger pain relief that will do nothing to end the migraine! Pray we can make it till Monday......

20. I Am Blessed 24

Good morning all:

I've been up since 6:30 (which IS sleeping in for ME). :rolleyes:

I have been busy on the phone and doing some computer work.

Barnabas: Never fear! We always have plenty of Dr. Pepper for YOU!

I posted an update on Pastor_Bob's FIL in the mod forum. Thanks for asking.

If all goes well, Pastor_Bob will head back to Kansas tomorrow so he can be in his pulpit on Sunday. He will be leaving his wife with her mother and father for a week.

I am driving 200 miles, round trip, to meet him outside of St. Louis to have lunch with him if he heads back tomorrow.

Now THAT is love. [​IMG]