1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

COMMON GROUND COFFEE HOUSE #90

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by I Am Blessed 24, Dec 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Well, I felt like I bought the store! :eek:

2. menageriekeeper

menageriekeeper Active Member

[​IMG] I have a store at my house right now! I just bought out half of Walmart. ;) I just hope it lasts a whole week! :eek:

I'm tired!

Basketball and Walmart don't belong in the same day!

Basketball was a blast! Son lost his game but they all had a great time. He and his teammates were all shorter than the other team so they didn't have the reach. They held their own fairly well anyhow. This was the most I've seen Son move in a long time. PTL that we have finally gotten the migraines under control. It has been 3 months and one week since his last one!

Bitsy played today too! Since they don't keep score for her age group, we counted the baskets she made. 31! We couldn't believe it. But she was the tallest one on either team. :rolleyes: Still that was pretty good for a seven year old! Her game was a hoot to watch. Those little bitty girls were trying to steal the ball from each other, just like the pros. [​IMG] We laughed and cheered till we were all crying!

Can ya'll tell I love Upward Basketball?

Okay, break time is over. I gotta go put away the groceries, clean out the dumping room(my bedroom :rolleyes: ), throw in some laundry and make sure everyones clothes are ready for church tomorrow.

See ya!

3. I Am Blessed 24

I decided I didn't like basketball when I had grandsons playing on opposing teams against each other. :(

It gets kind of hard rooting for two teams at once. Plus the other people look at me like I can't make up my mind. :rolleyes:

4. menageriekeeper

menageriekeeper Active Member

In Upward you are supposed to cheer for both teams! That is one reason that they don't keep score until they reach 5th/6th grade teams.

Son loves playing his friends teams. It's a chance to show off to each other.

Upward has an entirely different focus than park leagues. Here the link for those who don't know what I'm talking about: http://www.upward.org/

5. I Am Blessed 24

This happened when they were in two different Christian schools, but the same conference. :eek:

6. preacher

preacher New Member

Well Dan...whoever you are...Welcome Back! Who, me? Why I'm the Squirrel totin' preacher!! BH is her name & she helps Sue keep order around here!
    See all the fun stuff you've missed!! :D

7. I Am Blessed 24

Here is BH's pay for the week.

[​IMG]

We will be relocating to a larger facility in the morning.

Pleasant dreams all!
    §ue

8. preacher

preacher New Member

NO!!!NO!!!! BH..They arent REAL!!!! Now LOOK here..you get off my screen this instant young lady!...What, why don't you growl at me...looky..over in the closet, THERE are some real peanuts!
    Whew!!! Don't NOBODY Pleeeeze ever do that again! Now I have to go get her out of a 10lb. bag of nuts!!!

9. Barnabas H.

Barnabas H. <b>Oldtimer</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hum, why is the Preacher talkin' behind my back? BH are my initials, if you don't mind.

B stand for Barnabas, and H stand for Halo. There you get it. So, please when you mention BH again, you do it with gentleness.... Thanks!

By the way, you missed my middle initial J, which stands for..... well, I don't think I will tell you what it stands for. [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. preacher

preacher New Member

Ya Know I hadn't thought of that! You hadn't met my BH have ya?Well it's time to let her roam since she's calmed down, oh & I'll warn you too...if you go to sit in in the rockin' chair over in the corner, & it's got a pile of cotton in the seat....well I just don't want ya to get squirrel bit!!!

As for the J...well with a name like HALO it can only stand for ONE thing......I Hope!!! :D

JUSTIFIED!!

11. Dan Todd

Dan Todd Active Member

Barnabas - are you still going to work each day?

Thankful - are you and Ed still celebrating those weekly anniversaries? (or were they monthly anniversaries?)

Ron - do you have software that reads the posts aloud to you?

Sue - don't worry about double posting - I could have done so here (with at least 4 different posts) - but I used the edit button instead. Ain't you proud of me?

12. Gayla

Gayla New Member

Good goin' Dan!!!

Good to 'see' you.

Hope everyone is well and has a blessed Sunday at Church!
    [​IMG]

13. PamelaK

PamelaK New Member

Good night, everyone! Have been up late enjoying the snow here in beautiful PA!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

14. standingfirminChrist

Dan,

Sorry not to get back to you sooner. Yes, I have JAWS for Windows and I also use Windows Narrator. For typing I either use the keyboard, or if my fingers are really tired and I am feeling lazy, I use DragonDictate Naturally Speaking. It is a voice recognition program.

15. I Am Blessed 24

We have outgrown yet another facility. Please join us at COMMON GROUND COFFEE HOUSE #91.

Thanks for your patronage!

§ue [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.