1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

COMMON GROUND COFFEE HOUSE #92

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by I Am Blessed 24, Jan 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. menageriekeeper

menageriekeeper Active Member

Good morning everyone!

I'm being hugged by a cat! I think maybe she's after the squirrels. Hairwolf could tolerate BH, but with all these extras the temptation is just to great. :eek:

Chris is home again. After making it through school yesterday and making up great amounts of missed worked, he is back to the throwing up stage again. (sigh) I have a call into his neurologist for suggestions. I'm hoping that a hospital visit is not the suggestion. Then again, a hospital treatment always works. It's just two days away from home is the problem.

Sue, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the last time I had a machine that did that, something was out of adjustment in the head(not a good thing). If you've had it in the shop that recently, I'd take it back to them and tell them they didn't fix it, only made it worse.

PTL, the branch didn't hit your shed.

I have a praise too. At least I think this is a praise. I went under the house yesterday to put out some rat poison and heard a dripping noise. Got to looking and finally saw where it was dripping from. Course I wasn't going in with the bugs to get a close up look! I thought the water was coming from under the kitchen area. This morning I discovered that it was really coming from a drain under a bathroom sink that is next to the kitchen. This is a problem that I knew about. This sink for some reason(not the trap) doesn't drain. But the faucet drips continuously. All that water had filled up the pan I had under the drain and unnoticed by me was overflowing down the hole in the floor that the pipes ran through. Solution: turn the water off to the sink, till T has a chance to run a snake through. Much, much better than having to replace drain pipes under the house. The only thing I hope is that it didn't wet my subflooring to badly.

Anyone ever see a double trap under a sink?

Going to be sunny and warm today. Makes me want to work outside, but I have too much to do inside.(not fair) Plus, poor Son doesn't want me out of earshot.

Guess I should get started......

[​IMG]

2. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

G'morning. [​IMG]
    Ok Sue, I was thinking yesterday how great it was that you were safe in that storm, so I dreamed about storms. Interesting.

That pic of the squirrels is cute! I have never heard a squirrel "bark", but am told they do. Maybe I can find the sound online.

I woke up exhausted...again. There's one class that's really a lot more than I expected, it's taking a lot more time and energy than I counted on, and coupled with a few other things it's just not good.

3. Debby in Philly

Debby in Philly Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I once heard a squirrel "sound the alarm." It was a loud chattering sound.

We had a little thundersnow last night! Strange!
    But the sun is shining now! Beautiful day!
    Praise the Lord!

4. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Gina, I dreamt about storms last night too! [​IMG]

Here are some pictures of the aftermath.

[​IMG]
    CLICK TO ENLARGE
    I wonder what the guy across the alley will think when he sees all the brush he has to clean up?

[​IMG]
    CLICK TO ENLARGE
    It just barely missed the shed, but an inch is as good as a mile!

[​IMG]
    CLICK TO ENLARGE
    The second knob up on the left side is where the branch USED to be...

It was a very large branch and knocked out power for four blocks. The tree itself it over 100 feet tall. Now if I can just find someone with a chainsaw who wants some firewood!

I don't want Dale chopping it up, or hauling it away, because of his surgery next week and the fact that the batteries in his chest are only running at 50%. Those are not good odds to ME!

5. standingfirminChrist

Sue,

Depending on how hard that tree hit the ground, you may have some structural damage to the shed.

Vibrations can loosen screws and knock doors off track.

6. I Am Blessed 24

This is true, Ron. It hit pretty hard because it is so heavy.

We haven't checked to see if we can get in the doors yet because Dale was in bed before they finished with it last night and it was dark when he went to work at 5:00 this morning.

The shed has sliding doors, so I'm praying they're all right. They could be tough to fix...

7. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

That doesn't look like a branch! That looks like a whole stinkin' TREE! Wow.

I managed to get on the bad side of the psych teacher, so here I sit writing deep and insightful papers in the hopes of making up for it. LOL I think I'll take a break and run to the store for some zinc, then git back to it! I dared to question the usefulness of analyzing personalities and deciding if we were this or that, bears or owls or n's or e's. Plus I wasn't testable...I was an X. I call it well-balanced, they call it .01% of the population. Anyhow, I was asking NICELY, not to be mean, and the response was pretty much "even if you think it useless, memorize it and spit it back out at me, ok?!"
    LOL Otay then...I will. Goodness. All I did was ask what why it was viewed as important to have long personality tests to figure out if you're, say, extroverted, when you can simply say "hmmm, I'm not all that outgoing". It's not like you don't notice these things normally, without looking into whether you were nursed or bottlefed.
    I am so having fun with this stuff though! Some of it's just hilarious, some is just interesting.

But REALLY! I'm a squalfin, and I'm sorry, but how am I supposed to write about how knowing this changes me? LOL I can, but it's a lie. It doesn't change me, except that it gives me a really funny visual of slithering up a tree in my dolphin skin with my cheeks all puffed out with acorns. It's GREAT for a creative writing class, but not a positional paper. Unless....ah, nevermind, I'll just get myself in trouble again. HA!

You all have a good day. I'm off to the store, and then back here to type more. More. MORE! :eek: :cool:

8. standingfirminChrist

Gina,

My 6th grade teacher, Mr. Lusk, skipped almost the whole semester of his psychology classes in college.
    He said when he went the last day, the teacher was giving final's on which would make up for 90% of the entire semester's final grade.

The teacher wrote one questiion on the blackboard...

'Why?'

Mr. Lusk turned in his paper and passed the class.

His answer?

'Why not?'

9. Gayla

Gayla New Member

Quoting da Gina L
    "That doesn't look like a branch! That looks like a whole stinkin' TREE! Wow."

That's what I was thinking! That shed would have been a goner, for sure!!
    Makes me wanna get all the trees around here seriously trimmed.
    Don't think Dale needs to be messin' with that stuff either. Maybe BH and her new pals will help ya take care of it.
    ;) [​IMG]

10. I Am Blessed 24

The squirrels digging their nest on the inside of the tree helped contribute to it's demise...

Here is a picture of my 29 gallon acquarium that I took this morning. I have more fish than that, but the rest are camera shy. :rolleyes:

I also have a 10 gallon acquarium setting on a shelf underneath that one. I keep the goldfish in that one.

[​IMG]
    CLICK TO ENLARGE

11. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

I LIKE IT! Short and to the point. I just finished a bunch of work for that class a minute ago and printed it out, that would have certainly saved time and energy! [​IMG]

I also finished a story for creative writing. That was MUCH more up my alley. We had to write something, anything, from the perspective of an inanimate object. I chose a stone. A small, smooth rock giving people a lecture on how important it is, and how misrepresented. It made me think! Rocks really are interesting. My rock pointed that out in the story. Peter, the cornerstones of temples, David and Golial, beaches, diamonds, minerals, lava, a toy to kick down a sidwalk, used to divine, all that stuff. So many forms, so many textures, so much vitality, so much a part of our lives, and so often not even thought about or appreciated if we walk by and see a rock laying there.

(this is why I don't drink, can you imagine if I did?!)

12. preacher

preacher New Member

Hello Gang,
    Just in from work & stopped by to get a DP.
    Gina, squirrels bark, but not like a dog. Don't know anything off hand that would resemble the sound. I can imitate it & get them to answer, cept' BH cause she don't know what it is! She's never been real vocal cept her growls when she has a nut in her mouth, or she is feeling pitiful or hurt, then it's more of a chirping sound. She's never barked, & never been loud.
    Sue glad everything is alright with the tree.
    Well gotta go & see why my connection keeps getting dropped.

13. padredurand

padredurand Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  14. preacher

preacher New Member

I played the grey squirrel for BH, she hid! (thats where she lays flat on a high surface) needless to say I don't know what that squirrel was sayin but BH DID NOT like it. Won't do that again.

15. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

I thought it sounded kinda cute!
    I laughed so hard at the one ad, which said something like "fall asleep to the peaceful sounds of screaming Colubus monkeys!"

Poor BH. Give her an extra cheerio!

The girls think I'm all cool now. We went to the Rogue to feed the ducks and geese and there weren't any, so I called and told them wait, they'll come. The oldest has seen me do it before so she knew, but the other two were convinced I was trying to trick them, until the geese and ducks showed up. Now they're just all impressed with me. It's a good feeling for a mommy!
    That's something I miss about Ohio, we'd go to the Kingwood Center and the doves all knew me, so all I'd do is walk up and hold out my arms and they'd all land, and I'd feed them corn. Other people who saw me do it would try, but I think they were just used to me. It was pretty neat, but after I hadn't gone there for a while they wouldn't do it when I came back. I felt so beautiful and lovely standing there with all of them, imagining myself to be a princess who simply had to walk up to wildlife to tame it and have it speak to me, until the kids told me I looked just like the bird lady in "Home Alone". Then I just felt kinda gross. [​IMG]

16. standingfirminChrist

The Bird Lady in Home Alone was not bad. Her inner beauty shown through.

Remember the Bird Lady in 'Mary Poppins'?

'Feed the birds, tuppence a bag
    Tuppence, tuppence a bag'

17. preacher

preacher New Member

Geener, I can relate with BH. Seems like it's easier sometimes to get along with Gods other creations than with the ones made in His image.
    There is a man in Randolph county that has a pond with all kinds of fish in it. One day he was fishing & noticed a bass that would follow him as he moved around the bank. He took a worm & held it down to the water & the bass just swam up & took it out of his fingers. He posted NO Fishing on that pond!
    I know this sounds like a fish tale but I saw him feed the bass on a news program a few years ago. It would stick its head out of the water long enough to take a worm!!

18. I Am Blessed 24

When we lived in Florida @ Corkscrew Sanctuary, we had a bass, alligator, wild turkey, and a woodpecker that we fed by hand. But that story is for another day...

This one is tired and heading for bed.

Pleasant dreams all!
    §ue

19. preacher

preacher New Member

Well I'll let BH loose, & head to bed pretty soon myself. At least she's forgiven me for the squirrel talk! See yuns' tomorrow hopefully!

20. Barnabas H.

Barnabas H. <b>Oldtimer</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    Strange that you say wild turkey Sue, because that is exactly what I have seen Tuesday morning, when I was driving down on Saw Mill Parkway to NYC. Actually there were three of them. picking in the grass, just off the roadside. There were hundreds of cars passing by but these three were picking away so peacefully. As I was driving by, I remembered a precious Bible verse..... "Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?" (Matthew 6:26).

Well, it is time to go to bed. Good night everyone. Pleasant dreams, as Lady Sue said. Lord willing, we'll see you all tomorrow! [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

See Larger Picture

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.