1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Communication Between Christ and John the Baptist

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by saturneptune, Nov 24, 2012.

1. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

It seems from reading the Gospels there is very limited communication between Christ and John the Baptist recorded. Once is recorded when the Lord was baptised, and then, there was limited or indirect communication when John was in jail. It seems like there must have been much more than is recorded, as they were probably related, and even if not, one announced the Savior, and the other is the Savior.

I guess what I am trying to say is that I would have expected much more interaction between the two.

2. Herald

Herald New Member

What was John's purpose?

John's purpose was to be a witness and make straight the paths of the Lord (John 1:6; 23). In John 3 he says, "He must increase, but I must decrease." The point? The focus was rightly on Christ, not John.

3. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: