1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Communion - A Mystery?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Salty, Jul 12, 2013.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I found this on a church web site.

Holy Communion (or the Lord's Supper) is a mystery too deep for words. Its meaning will vary for each of us and from one time to another. But three essential meanings are caught up in this proclamation in our Communion service: "Christ has died; Christ is risen; Christ will come again"
    We offer Holy Communion at all of our worship services on the first Sunday of every month.

I don't believe that Communion is a mystery.
    I believe the meaning is very clear.

2. FriendofSpurgeon

FriendofSpurgeon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I am not sure what web site you find this. Is that all it said on their web page regarding communion?

Most likely, you will find this type language on a United Methodist church web site as it mirrors UMC teachings. However, the actual UMC web site goes into a lot more detail than just the statement you listed below -- see attached:

http://www.umc.org/site/c.lwL4KnN1LtH/b.2247711/

3. Melanie

Melanie Active Member
    Site Supporter

I think it also mirrors the words stated in the revised RCC Mass, it sounds familiar.