1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Complaints Flood CNN After Beck Smears Ron Paul Supporters As Terrorists

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by poncho, Nov 17, 2007.

1. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Complaints and demands for a retraction and an apology are flooding CNN today after Neo-Con host Glenn Beck and ex-Marxist David Horowitz smeared Ron Paul supporters, libertarians and the anti-war left as terrorist sympathizers and inferred that the U.S. military should be used to silence them, parroting a talking point that traces back to a September 2006 White House directive.

This is part of an ongoing propaganda assault which has also been mimicked by other anti-American Neo-Con talking heads like Bill O'Reilly and Rush Limbaugh.

Beck opened up his show segment by inferring that the U.S. military should be used to silence domestic dissent against the war, claiming that those he would later identify as Ron Paul supporters, libertarians and the anti-war left and link with terrorists, were a "physical threat."

Full Article...

Anyone here agree with Beck and the other talking head neocon cheerleaders on this? Just curious.

2. 2 Timothy2:1-4

2 Timothy2:1-4 New Member

This is a total mischaracterization meant to be inflammatory rather than a reasoned response. But then it is infowars and we should expect no less.

#2 2 Timothy2:1-4, Nov 17, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2007
  3. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Ooookay. Besides all that do you agree with Beck and the other neocon propaganda meisters or don't ya?

4. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    People such as Beck and Horowitz are dangerous to the liberties of the people in these United States. They sound like Rudy Giuliani-type authoritarians.

5. 2 Timothy2:1-4

I do not agree with propoganda. But Glenns reporting was correct.

6. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It took about 30 seconds of reading to come to the same conclusion.

On the other hand, many antiwar wackos are "terrorist sympathizers". What else is new?

:wavey:

#6 carpro, Nov 17, 2007
  7. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

30 whole seconds of reading? That's a new milestone for you isn't it? We should celebrate! :laugh:

8. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is no debate that Ron Paul is an isolationist and that Ron Paul sounds just like the Democrat Party leftists in opposing the war. It is foolish of Ron Paul to refer to his fund-raising as a "money bomb."

As for the attacks on David Horowitz for being a neo-con, that are really over the top. Here is a Jew raised in a communist home who turned conservative and rejected the communist party. One should applaud his intellectual journey and commend his work against the left in this country. The shame belongs to the Ron Paul supporters for using personal attacks and for resorting to leftist rhetoric themselves. David Horowitz said nothing wrong during his brief appearance on CNN.

I don't think that it is necessary to use the military against the anti-war crowd. They do not have a very intellectual case to present and the overwhelming majority of Americans are loyal to the government. So far laughter has been a good weapon against Ron Paul. This campaign is clearly his last hurrah and it does not have much longer to go. It would be nice if Ron Paul left the GOP.

9. 2 Timothy2:1-4

Very well stated. It is interesting the rhetoric DOR's engage in and then complain about criticisms of ronnie boy. They have certainly taken on the role of victim which is another liberal value.

10. Ivon Denosovich

Ivon Denosovich New Member

What's a DOR? Btw, whenever this war does end, and it will someday, I look forward to lbtns and cons getting back to their overwhelming agreemnet on so many issues.

11. 2 Timothy2:1-4

DOR (Disciples of Ronnie) And while teir are some fiscal issues we agree on I have a larger concern for social issues. It has to do with the whole putting the Kingdom of God first thing.

12. Ivon Denosovich

Ivon Denosovich New Member

Oh... So, for those of us who were lbtn before we even heard the name Ron Paul, would we still qualify as his disciples?

ETA: Also, if I get a T shirt I'll take X large. Many thanks.

#12 Ivon Denosovich, Nov 17, 2007
  13. Karen

Karen Active Member

I followed the link and listened to the segment with Beck, Horowitz, and Churchill's grandson.

All I thought I heard there was Beck saying that SOME EXTREME versions of Paul's followers could take things too far. I failed to hear him actually say that the military should be used to suppress Ron Paul supporters.
    So it seems to me hype on both sides.

Now that you have read the above, does it make any difference to you to know that there is a Ron Paul for President sign in my front yard? LOL
    My youngest son has placed it there with our permission. And I don't see him as anyone Beck was talking about.

14. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    These United States were founded on a lot of liberal values, Timmy. You might want to read the Bill of Rights some time.

15. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    1) You are incorrect, cmg. Ron Paul is a non-interventionist. Ron Paul believes in trading and having diplomatic relations with the rest of the world. George W. Bush is an isolationist. These United States have never been as isolated diplomatically in their history as they have been during his presidency.

2) You are incorrect, cmg. His supporters who put the idea together independent of campaign headquarters used the term "money bomb".

3) You are incorrect, cmg. Ron Paul will be running for re-election to his Congressional seat.

16. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It appears that you too believe the thread title and the OP were "mischaracterization"s of what was said. :thumbs:

Clear thinking. Good for you.

17. Dagwood

Dagwood New Member

When I read the title of this thread, I knew Carpro and old Timmy would be leading the charge against Ron Paul, CNN and anyone else who has any common sense.

In my opinion, it is people like these who are more dangerous to the U.S. than any Islamic terrorists!

18. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Post deleted.

I'll consider the source and let the above statement speak for itself.

#18 carpro, Nov 17, 2007
  19. Dagwood

Dagwood New Member

Thank you for, first deleting another useless post on your part; and, second, for allowing my posting to speak for itself.

20. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You're welcome.

Just idle curiosity: How old are you?