1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Computer virus hits military drone program

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by freeatlast, Oct 8, 2011.

1. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

2. th1bill

th1bill Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    People, including the government are intentionally ignorant. Any computer that runs any form of Windoze Software is extremely vulnerable, no matter the anti-virus software one runs. Recently the Duetch Bank of Germany cleaned they´re compuers, world wide, and reinstalled a Linux OS on over ten thousand (I think I recall) computers. It is completely useless to attempt to get ahead of the writers of malicious software, it´s impossible! Many European and Asian companies are now running one of the over a thousand free Linux systems and many are similar to the Ubuntu and the Simply Mepis, user friendly, point and click systems.

3. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It Was Bound to Happen!

This shouldn't surprise any of you! Every government, around the world, is barely keeping up with the hackers. It was only a matter of time before these hackers won the keyboard/cyber/PC war!

Let's just pray, that our guys can repair the damage done, or it will leave this nation and its ally's vulnerable!

4. billwald

billwald New Member

Sounds like an internal problem. Shouldn't this system have a dedicated phone line?

5. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

I would think it would be satellite not phone line. The problem is they don't know if they were hacked or if the software if faulty or even an internal job.

6. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sounds like US disinformation to me. The drone program is top secret. I find it hard to believe that US Air Force computer experts would tell anyone without top secret clearance that they are having a hard time removing a virus from their computer systems.

It could be a deliberate leak with the intent to flush out terrorists in hiding. The terrorists hear the drones are having problems and they may be more inclined to try to travel from hiding spots, whereupon we nail them.

7. billwald

billwald New Member

A friend who is a computer security expert tells me that the DOD purchased a mess of computer hardware - plug in cards that contained computer chips- which was made in China and the paperwork was faked.

8. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Only in the USA.