1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

computer with a mind of its own

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by following-Him, Apr 11, 2003.

1. following-Him

following-Him Active Member

Hi, I hope some one can advise me please. My husband has recently installed windows xp professional on our computer, before we had windowns 2000ME. Since we changed over, the clock on our computer has developed a mind of its own and goes whizzing round. I have tried changing the time but it doesn't make any difference. I still have a rapidly flashing cursor and anything else which flashes on the comp goes manic. So I would like to know how I sort this problem. I would also like to know where I find defrag on this system and also history so i can clear stuff.

thank you in anticipation for any help

blessings

Sheila :eek: :confused: :(

2. npetreley

npetreley New Member

Windows, IMO, is the world's worst OS, but in this case it sounds like it might be hardware-related.

Have you tried checking and/or changing the settings in CMOS? That's the thing you go into before the system boots up. On most computers, you press the "Delete" key within a few seconds after you turn on the computer, and it brings up the CMOS setup screen. From here, you can usually check things like the date/time, the CPU clock, temperatures of the motherboard/CPU, fan speeds, and lots of other hardware settings that could be the source of your problem.

3. Symbiosis

Symbiosis New Member

Have you downoladed the latest drivers for your OS(Windows XP)? You can change the the speed rate of the cursor by going to start menu, control panel and then accessibility options. From there, click on the display option. There you'll be able to change your cursor setting.

If you want to defrag your HD, go to start menu, control panel, my computer then administrative tools(one way of doing it)then click on computer management. There you'll be able defrag.

Peace!