1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured concealed carry classes

Discussion in 'Pastoral Ministries' started by Tom Bryant, Jul 27, 2015.

1. Greektim

Greektim Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I wonder if this is less common for the opposite shoulder purses (not sure what to call them). Where the purse hangs on one side but the strap crosses the body to the other shoulder. Those are harder to rip off. When my wife is no longer prego, she is going to practice w/ my Ruger LCP. She wants to conceal in her purse, which she wears all the time.

But I have hesitations of her carrying in her purse w/ little ones around. A holster is not always an option for her either.

2. Greektim

Faith:
    Baptist
  3. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    That is probably one of the best ways to minimize the probability of purse snatching. Keeping the purse zipped closed is another.

There are many web sites that give a list of ways to help avoid being the victim of purse snatching, which is the #2 most prevalent crime against women (second only to domestic violence). But the bandolier strap is probably one of the best. iPhone has even started marketing a bandolier strap for their electronics, which are also subject to snatching. :)

4. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    For years my wife had and enjoyed practicing with her .38 S&W Police Special.
    Now she prefers her Makarov PM (9x18mm). She is Ukrainian.

Also likes the AK-47 (my son had a legal Kalashnikov but sold it) and the AR-15 (My son built this one himself) for target practice, etc.

HankD

#124 HankD, Aug 27, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2016
  5. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have a .22 Magnum Ruger revolver (2 cylinders, 1 is used with magnums). The Magnums are rim fire but provide a surprising kick.

HankD

6. JPPT1974

JPPT1974 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just be careful with what you do with guns. Knowing about how children can get the wrong impressions. And do not lay them around. Lock them in a place where they can't get to them.

7. Sapper Woody

Sapper Woody Well-Known Member

Brother, not to be contrite, but that goes without saying. I absolutely guarantee that every person in this thread that owns a firearm has been careful. Not only that, but it's highly likely that they exposed their children to the proper handling of a weapon at a very early age.

My daughters (5, 7, and 8) have been taught that the first thing you do when someone hands you a weapon is to check the chamber to make sure it's empty. I let them use my BB gun for practice. They pass it back and forth and pull on the bolt to check the chamber.

I also showed them the power of a weapon, even one such as a BB gun. I shot some things and let them view the aftermath. They now not only know that weapons are not toys, but can be dangerous. But they're not afraid of handling one either.

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  8. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We did similar with our kids. They all grew up knowing the power of and learning the safety rules of firearms.

HankD

• Like Like x 1
  9. Rob_BW

Rob_BW Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ayup. My son's first introduction to firearms was with actual firearms. Not video games.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  10. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Great picture!

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Amen. It sounds as if JPPT1974 may have fallen victim to the radical left wing gun grabbers and their "won't you think of the children" arguments.

Of course, every responsible gun owner knows to keep firearms inaccessible to children. And every responsible gun owner will teach his children what to do if they find a firearm: 1. STOP. 2. DON'T TOUCH. 3. GET AN ADULT. It's as easy as 1 - 2 - 3.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ah, but we DO think of the children as did no doubt our founding fathers.

HankD

13. Greektim

Faith:
    Baptist
    This!

14. Sapper Woody

Sapper Woody Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Showing daughter number three how to clear my new Ruger American .270.

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 3
  15. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We are getting ready to hold a CCL class in October. It looks like we will have 7 or 8 there in attendance. We will also have a security team following this who carry's discretely.