1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

concealed toaters

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by agedman, Jun 25, 2012.

1. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    For those of you who have concealed permits,

Can you describe the gun you carry?

Is it your favorite or is there one you would like to carry but don't?

If you travel, how do you store the gun for flight?

If you travel into W. DC or some other restricted area how do you prevent confiscation?

Do you prefer hip, shoulder, thigh or ankle holsters (or some other type)?

If you make no attempt to "conceal" do you still need a permit?

2. mandym

mandym New Member

I carry a Taurus P45. I am licensed to carry just about any hand gun I want. It rides under the armrest in the middle of the bench seat of my truck. No permit allows for carrying arms on flights. All state regs must be followed while traveling from state to state. Most states have reciprocating agreements with concealed permits. There are some states that have open carry laws.

3. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Springfield 40 XD (compact) – but it is kinda bulky and heavy to carry. I liked it better than the glock (same price and it fit my hand better) but the glock is more narrow and I think would have been better to carry.

My wife has a 38 special ruger LCR which I sometimes carry.

But I rarely carry these days. I did in the past so that I could swing by the range at will.

In Tennessee it's just a carry permit (concealed or not, doesn't matter). I like to carry inside the waist but never carried when I flew - just when I had to visit Memphis :eek:.

#3 JonC, Jun 25, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2012
  4. jonathanD

jonathanD New Member

I pocket carry a KelTec p3at. It's comfortable and I never leave home without it.

5. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Walther PK .380.
    I like my S&W M&P .40 and my SIG P-225 but both are a bit too heavy for everyday carry, especially in the hot summers of the Rio Grande Valley in south Texas.
    When I fly (which is seldom) I pack my firearms/ammunition in my checked bag per DHS regs.
    Concealed means concealed. However, if I am not able to legally carry I just don't go there.
    4 o'clock, IWB.
    Open carry is illegal in Texas.

6. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    [​IMG]

Swiss Army knife in left pocket, North American Arms .22 magnum mini-revolver in right pocket (.22 LR in photo). Knife is actually heavier than the revolver.

There are two others I'd rather carry (and sometimes do), Charter Arms .44 Bulldog and Glock 27 .40.

My favorite is the clip on quick release waist holster for the Glock 27 which is easily concealed by a long shirt or coat tail, but the NAA .22 mag goes everywhere very comfortably in my pocket.

Not in KY, but why would you do it? Why attract the attention?

I've considered these, old habits are hard to break. My older brother carries the .32, my youngest daughter carries the .380.

#6 kyredneck, Jun 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2012
  7. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Currently I'm carrying the Sig Sauer P250c in 9mm. It's a well-built double action compact frame pistol with a large comfortable grip for my large hands. Much of the frame is also made from a composite, so it is lightweight for what you are carrying. Unlike more double actions, it has a very nice and smooth trigger pull. It is also a completely modular gun system in that you can change out calibars and pistol frames (different sizes) very quickly. It was designed for police departments and other entities that issue sidearms and need standardization, yet versatility to accomodate people with different needs/preferences.

I'd love to carry the Sig Sauer P229 in 40S&W. The weight of the P250 works a bit better for me at this time.

I don't fly with a sidearm. I don't trust checking the weapon and purchasing and disposing of ammo at my destination is too time consuming. Furthermore, most of the flying that I do, I do on business, and my firm has a policy against carrying concealed weapons while conducting company business.

Before I take a road trip, I research the current gun laws in each state that is along my general path of travel. I am cautious enough to include adjoining states to my destination, even if I have no intention of going there, just so I'll be prepared.

I make a cheat sheet for each state and then follow the local laws to the letter.

I use a Supertuck inside-the-waistband holster at the 4:30 position. It is very comfortable, well concealed and holds the pistol very securely. It is also in a very good position to retrive my pistol quickly in an emergency situation.

It depends on the laws of your state. Texas does not have open carry (a good thing in my opinion), so you are not allowed to openly carry off of private property or a shooting range where you have permission from the property owner to carry a weapon.