1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Condemned in the Flesh

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by psalms109:31, Jul 11, 2011.

1. psalms109:31

psalms109:31 Active Member

John 6:45
    It is written in the Prophets: ‘They will all be taught by God.’ Everyone who has heard the Father and learned from him comes to me.

Matthew 11:29
    Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.

John 14:24
    Anyone who does not love me will not obey my teaching. These words you hear are not my own; they belong to the Father who sent me.

John 6:63
    The Spirit gives life; the flesh counts for nothing. The words I have spoken to you—they are full of the Spirit and life.

1 Corinthians 15:2-4
    New International Version (NIV)

2 By this gospel you are saved, if you hold firmly to the word I preached to you. Otherwise, you have believed in vain.

3 For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance[Or you at the first]: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures,5 and that he appeared to Cephas,[That is, Peter] and then to the Twelve. 6 After that, he appeared to more than five hundred of the brothers and sisters at the same time, most of whom are still living, though some have fallen asleep. 7 Then he appeared to James, then to all the apostles, 8 and last of all he appeared to me also, as to one abnormally born.

2. psalms109:31

That is how you see all men and those who agree with your opinion. I agree with Spurgeon in my signature.

All means no one has an excuse not to come, if they don't come they have no excuse the message is for all men.

Men try to have all kind of excuses don't they I got to bury my father,I am not good enough let me change my life first, I might not be an elect, God does not love me. I say just come and Jesus will no wise cast you out

#22 psalms109:31, Jul 13, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2011
  3. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

I tried to explain that but it must have not come across clearly, but i still do not get the point of the OP.

4. psalms109:31

"What then? Shall we try to put another meaning into the text than that which it fairly bears? I trow not. You must, most of you, be acquainted with the general method in which our older Calvinistic friends deal with this text. 'All men,' say they,—'that is, some men': as if the Holy Ghost could not have said 'some men' if he had meant some men 'All men,' say they; 'that is, some of all sorts of men': as if the Lord could not have said "all sorts of men" if he had meant that. The Holy Ghost by the apostle has written 'all men,' and unquestionably he means all men. I know how to get rid of the force of the 'alls' according to that critical method which some time ago was very current, but I do not see how it can be applied here with due regard to truth. I was reading just now the exposition of a very able doctor who explains the text so as to explain it away; he applies grammatical gunpowder to it, and explodes it by way of expounding it. I thought when I read his exposition that it would have been a very capital comment upon the text if it had read, "Who will not have all men to be saved, nor come to a knowledge of the truth." Had such been the inspired language every remark of the learned doctor would have been exactly in keeping, but as it happens to say, 'Who will have all men to be saved,' his observations are more than a little out of place. My love of consistency with my own doctrinal views is not great enough to allow me knowingly to alter a single text of Scripture. I have great respect for orthodoxy, but my reverence for inspiration is far greater. I would sooner a hundred times over appear to be inconsistent with myself than be inconsistent with the word of God. I never thought it to be any very great crime to seem to be inconsistent with myself; for who am I that I should everlastingly be consistent? But I do think it a great crime to be so inconsistent with the word of God that I should want to lop away a bough or even a twig from so much as a single tree of the forest of Scripture. God forbid that I should cut or shape, even in the least degree, any divine expression. So runs the text, and so we must read it, 'God our Savior; who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth."'
    By C. H. Spurgeon

The O.P. is to establish if men are still under Adam's curse even when the words of eternal life is preached?

5. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

I still don't get your point. Are you saying that all men even before salvation are not lost because of what Christ did on the cross, but become lost later?

6. psalms109:31

I am the one who isn't listening?

We are all following the flesh it isn't till the Gospel is presenting that there is a way out, through only the words of life that come from Jesus that He made us the messenger of, and we are the temple of His Spirit with the words of life.

7. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

I am sorry, I do not understand what you are getting at.:confused: However thank you for the conversation. Perhaps another time.:wavey:

8. psalms109:31

Bless you brother. I get confused when some try to say people can't even respond to words of Spirit and life that we are missing that the words of Jesus provides.