1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Confederate History Month

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by poncho, Apr 10, 2010.

1. FR7 Baptist

FR7 Baptist Active Member

Some people can't understand that something can be illegal without it being criminal.

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There are I believe four types of law. Illegal criminal aliens fall in criminal law as there crime was committed against the state. They are criminal. If you must get technical as if it matters.

3. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

Some people can't understand that when something is illegal is it illegal.

4. FR7 Baptist

That's not true. Being in the country illegally is illegal, but it is not a criminal violation. Crossing into the country illegally is a crime, punishable by a fine of not less than $50 to not more than $250 and up to six months in prison. A person who comes into the country legally and overstays his visa is breaking the law, but not a criminal one.

5. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Technically it goes to criminal law whether a misdemeanor or not. However, entering more than one time illegally is a felony. So either way it is a criminal violation. But in general anyone who commits a crime is a criminal until the situation is resolved regardless of what level it is. Your position is just a poor attempt to down play their criminal activity to justify their potential amnesty.

6. FR7 Baptist

Okay, I'll tell you what it is. Being in the country illegally is a civil immigration violation. Entering the country illegally is a misdemeanor and a civil immigration violation. The second offence is a felony. There is a difference between entering the country illegally and being in the country illegally.

7. sag38

sag38 Active Member

God please protect us from lawyers and espeically bleeding heart jr. wanabees.

8. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

Agreed! They love to twist the intents and confuse the issues. It's how they make a living.

9. FR7 Baptist

What are you talking about? I was just making the point that being in the country illegally is a civil immigration violation.

10. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I've Seen the Light: Illegals are not Illegal; They are in Fact: Criminals,

.... thanks brother. You have helped me to see the folks in a new and different "light". If I understand you correctly, they broke our law when they crossed the border, which means they committed a crime, which means they are not illegal aliens afterall... and according to your explanation,because crossing the border was a "crime" that makes illegals, fugitives - of sorts - and, I'm sure you'd agree, that to give a person who committed a crime against our nation (a criminal, of sorts, according to your explanation) amnesty, would be morally reprehensible by our elected officials.

Furthermore, because they committed a crime when they came over the border, that also gives Arizona, and any other state that decides to follow the new Arizona law, the right and moral/legal responsibility to seek out these criminals, arrest them, fine them, put them in jail, and deport them as soon as their sentence is served.

:tongue3:Would that be a correct interpretation of your explanation Paul3144 ???:laugh:

Shalom,

Pastor Paul :type:

11. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

Which means it's a violation of the law - illegal - wrong - needs to be stopped - our government officials are duty bound to enforce it - etc. regardless what legalistic label when might want to put on it.