1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

confederate VS USA constitution

Discussion in 'History Forum' started by mcdirector, Jan 27, 2008.

1. billwald

billwald New Member

Slavery was tried in the New England states but wasn't economically practical. Slaves had to be fed even when the mills had no contracts and had to be given heated housing in the winter. Free white peons could be fired and left to starve when the mills had no contracts and were free to freeze in the winter.

The people in the south let their greed get the best of them. A constitutional amendment requiring a natural born citizen have two citizens for parents would have solved their labor problems. They could have turned the slaves loose. Let the states buy the slaves and turn them loose. We would then have had an automatic caste system like India

Our owners got much smarter over the years. They learned from the South. They let us claim to be free, to live where we can afford to live, go to church where we wish, even vote for our own tax collectors. But nothing since the Russian Revolution has slowed the flow of assets from the working class to our owners.

If I work 20 hours a week to pay (all) taxes, then I am a 20 hour slave. (Actually, I am retired and sit on my butt most of the day - but I served my time in the slave force for 35 years)