1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Congrats to Tim Tebow

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by KenH, Dec 8, 2007.

1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was rooting for McFadden but congratulations to Tebow on winning the Heisman Trophy in 2007. :applause:

2. Nicholas25

Nicholas25 New Member

He thanked his Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ twice during his speech. I wish he was a Tennessee Vol.

3. Tom Bryant

Tom Bryant Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Tebow is the real deal spiritually speaking. People who know him see him in a good Bible believing church every Sunday even after getting back in late from an away game. Even the ESPN guys were amazed at his Christian stand and humility.

4. Bob Alkire

Bob Alkire New Member

He and Danny Wuerffel are very open about their faith.

I heard Vince Dooley say that General Robert Neyland would have loved Tim, he would have made a great single wing tailback. He also said that what fl. is running is just the old single wing with a few changes, you know I think he is correct. I don't recall Neyland passing that much, but I do recall Johnny Majors doing a lot of work for Tn., as a player, but I was much younger, come to think about it, I don't think young has anything to do with me today.

5. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    What do you suppose some Christians will say when he has to play game on Sundays when he go pro?:jesus:

6. Alex Quackenbush

Alex Quackenbush New Member

That like many Christians, he has to work on Sunday. The only difference is that Tim won't have to work year round on Sundays.

7. TomVols

TomVols New Member

I don't think he'd work in our system. I wouldn't turn him away. But I just don't think he'd fit our system.

8. Nicholas25

Nicholas25 New Member

I think good players can fit in any system, especially a Heisman Trophy winning quarterback. I understand what you are saying though, about the system at Florida.

9. Andy T.

Andy T. Active Member

I don't pay attention to college football much, but I did watch the Heisman Trophy presentation, and I was greatly impressed with Tim Tebow. Sounds like he is on the right track and is a very mature Christian.

10. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

Yeah who would want a Heisman winning QB who can run and throw:laugh:

Kinda like I doubt Johan Santana would fit in very well with the Reds, huh? :)

#10 PastorSBC1303, Dec 10, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2007
  11. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

There are many faithful Christians who play football on Sundays as well as many who work at all kinds of jobs on Sundays.

12. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

Amen, and if the many faithful Christians would refrain from patronizing, on Sundays, retail establishments that insist that Christians work on Sundays then many faithful Christians could get back to enjoying Christian fellowship.

But not to forget this threads topic, all due respect to Tim Tebow, it is to the glory of Christ that we should give thanks that there is a young man that will not be ashamed of his Savior.
    However I have noticed that in later news highlites of his speech his testimony of Christ has been edited out.

13. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'd love to see what Tebow could do in this year's Arkansas offense.

Tebow, McFadden, Jones, and Hillis? Just run the wishbone!

14. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I wonder if that will be a few years down the road. Maybe he will choose to be a missionary like his sister for a few years before going pro. Or maybe he won't go pro at all but dedicate his life to missionary work.

15. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Interesting. I wonder if he would be able to reach more people by going pro though(both financially and publicly) ? Kids today idolized athletes, and he could really be a missionary here in the USA.

16. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If he makes a god of himself, that ain't the right kind of missionary.