1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Congratulation to the New England Patriots !

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by west, Jan 24, 2005.

1. west

west New Member

Congratulation to the New England Patriots .You guys beat us (Steelers ) like a drum .Best of luck to a fellow AFC team in the Super Bowl !

2. PatsFan

PatsFan New Member

Thanks for the kind words about the Pats! I'm confident the AFC is going to bring home another VL trophy on February 6th! That was quite a game. The Steelers are a tough team. I like Cower a lot too. Your day will come. Big Ben is going to be a great quarterback.

3. JackRUS

JackRUS New Member

Thanks for the kind words about the Pats! I'm confident the AFC is going to bring home another VL trophy on February 6th! That was quite a game. The Steelers are a tough team. I like Cower a lot too. Your day will come. Big Ben is going to be a great quarterback. </font>[/QUOTE]I agree with you about Big Ben, but Bill Cowher will probabily never win or coach in a Super Bowl game again. His teams always play the playoff games with the same intensity as regular season games while other teams raise their level of play to playoff intensity. The only way Cowher will ever get into the Super Bowl again is with a ticket.

When other teams are amped up for the playoffs, Cowher's teams are always flat. His playoff record speaks for itself. I must admit though that he does go to the playoffs more often than most coaches. But when a team is put together and peaks with Pro Bowl players, he needs to get them to the next level.

His only victories in the playoffs are against vastly inferior teams that he plays in the first round, usually at home. Even the Colts (9-7 that year) game that put him the Super Bowl in '95 was almost lost on the last play when the Colt's receiver dropped the ball that was right in his lap in the end zone. Cowher should be 0 and 5 in AFC championship games at home. No other coach can be said to have that degree of ineptitude.

Belichick on the other hand had his team believing that they got no respect, they were underdogs (when anyone knows that it wasn't the case), and that the Steelers made fools of them in the previous game. Cowher always has his team believe that such games are water under the bridge and will not use such things to get his team up. He has no idea how to get his team in a playoff frame of mind. That's why he almost lost (and should have BTW) to a team that has never won ever in Pittsburgh, the Jets. A team BTW that just played two straight overtime games in a row and had to travel from Cailifornia to get home.

In '94 Cowher's Steelers beat the Browns 29-9 (guess who was the coach of the Browns that year, and who was the knucklehead who fired him?) in the first game, and lost to a vastly inferior Chargers team that was fired up because Cowher let his team make a Super Bowl video that riled up the Chargers.

In '96 he beat the Colts handily, but then got killed by a then inferior Pats team 28-3.

In '97 he nipped the Pats 7-6, and then lost to the Broncos 24-21. I would say that was the only year that they played inspired ball in the playoffs under Cowher.

In 2001 they beat the familiar Ravens, and then, as usual, got killed by the Pats even though they were favored by ten points. I do admit that the (not so) special teams gave up two touchdowns in that game. But Cowher knew all year that his special teams were the worst in the NFL, but he would'nt play first team players on special teams. He never learns.

If you watched this years AFC championship game you will note that the Pats had several first team players in such an important game as this. I even noticed Harrison and Bruschi on special teams. Cowher on the other hand is too worried about injuries, even though if (or in Cowher's case, when) they lose they go home for an off-season of re-couperation.

In 2002 Cowher's Steelers barely beat the 9-7 Browns at home by 3 points, and then promptly lost at Tennessee. So this year was no surprise to me.

I might also add that the Eagles will show up for the Super Bowl, but it will be a waste of time on their part.

Pats 38, Eagles 13. (that's if TO plays).

4. PatsFan

PatsFan New Member

When other teams are amped up for the playoffs, Cowher's teams are always flat.

I must say, I have to agree with most of your assessment of the Steelers . You pretty much covered it. The Patriots don't seem to hold back anything in the playoffs. I remember well that Steelers AFC championship victory against the Colts. I also remember that the Steelers were extremely flat in the superbowl against a not so tough Dallas team. I thought Neil O'Donnell gave that game away. As an AFC guy, I've never forgiven him for that, ha, ha. The NFC had been dominating prior to that year.
    ---------------
    I might also add that the Eagles will show up for the Super Bowl, but it will be a waste of time on their part.

Pats 38, Eagles 13. (that's if TO plays). [/QB][/QUOTE]

5. west

west New Member

Don't if true but theres a old saying I heard once "The players will get you to the playoffs but the head coach will get you to the Super Bowl "The first thing that was said after the game was by many fans was .Get rid of of Cowher !

6. JackRUS

JackRUS New Member

Good point about the coach in the playoffs, but Cowher is going nowhere. The Rooney's only business is the Steelers, and Cowher wins enough games to fill the seats every Sunday, and also brings home the occasional playoff money.

I don't advocate the 'fire Cowher' argument because who would you replace him with? Of course they also said that about Walt Harris at Pitt, and now they have one of the best coaching staffs in college football.

7. JackRUS

JackRUS New Member

When other teams are amped up for the playoffs, Cowher's teams are always flat.

I must say, I have to agree with most of your assessment of the Steelers . You pretty much covered it. The Patriots don't seem to hold back anything in the playoffs. I remember well that Steelers AFC championship victory against the Colts. I also remember that the Steelers were extremely flat in the superbowl against a not so tough Dallas team. I thought Neil O'Donnell gave that game away. As an AFC guy, I've never forgiven him for that, ha, ha. The NFC had been dominating prior to that year.
    ---------------

Pats 38, Eagles 13. (that's if TO plays). [/QB]</font>[/QUOTE]_____________________
    I like that score! [/QB][/QUOTE]

It's good to be a Christians becasue I know that in reality there are only two teams in the universe, and I'm on the winning one. (The final score can be seen in advance in Rev. 19-22 if anyone cares to look it up).

But if I were not a Christian, I would place a nice bet on the Pats and give the points, and I would also take the over (48). But I don't bet now. [​IMG]

8. PatsFan

PatsFan New Member

But if I were not a Christian, I would place a nice bet on the Pats and give the points, and I would also take the over (48). But I don't bet now. [​IMG] [/QB][/QUOTE]
    I'm glad you're "on the wagon" with the gambling, ha, ha. I counsel gamblers at a clinic for problem gamblers. I personally have been part of many football pools, played the football cards, etc., but I've never used a bookie.