1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Congress Hits All Time Low in Poll

Discussion in '2007 Archive' started by carpro, Jul 18, 2007.

1. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    http://www.cnsnews.com/ThisHour.asp#Congress Hits All-Time Low in Zogby Poll

Congress Hits All-Time Low in Zogby Poll

(CNSNews.com) - Eighty-three percent of respondents in a survey released on Wednesday say that Congress is doing only a fair or poor job -- its worst mark ever in a Zogby poll. In the national survey of 1,012 likely voters taken July 12 through July 14, about 66 percent said Bush had done only a fair or poor job as president, with 34 percent ranking his performance as excellent or good. But the marks for Congress, mired in gridlock over a series of partisan political battles after Democrats took power in the 2006 elections, were even lower. While 83 percent said Congress was doing a fair or poor job, just 14 percent rated it excellent or good. Last October, in its final days, the Republican-led Congress earned ratings of excellent or good from 23 percent of voters.

2. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Think we could call for a vote of no confidence? :)

3. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The current Democratic Congress and the current Republican administration are both incompetent. What a pair!

4. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

It's a one party system with a two-party sprinkling for flavor.

5. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Yuppers. Tough having a one party system

6. av1611jim

av1611jim New Member

We should be surprised by this? Apathy has set its roots very deeply in this nation. Particularly since the Watergate debacle. I think I saw somewhere that prior to that time a greater percentage of people actually VOTED than since that time.

I might add that it was a Presidential hopeful who once said, "There is not a dime's bit of difference between a Democrat and a Republican". The government is broken yet we STILL expect the government to fix itself.:BangHead:

7. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Even scarier to me is that so many people expect the gov't to FIX anything.

Boy if anything ought to disprove evolution, it's that gov't continually "evolves" worse, the longer it exists.

8. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Isn't that a pathetic standard for our nation? The President in the 20s beats out the Congress in the teens. That is so low, the numbers are insignificant. Sweep them, all of them, and their parties out of power next year and start over.

9. av1611jim

av1611jim New Member

Good luck getting that to happen. As I said, apathy has taken DEEEEEEP root in this country.

I would do my part and vote were it not for the wreckage of my past preventing me from doing so. The best I can do now is engage folks in conversation and hopefully sway a few at a time.

Meanwhile...."keep looking UP! keep kneeling DOWN!"

10. hillclimber1

hillclimber1 Active Member
    Site Supporter

The former is being proven, the later is a result of your indoctrination into current democrat politics.

11. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    And your view of the current Republican administration is the result of your blind devotion to current Republican politics.

12. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Thanks for the response. You got me good on the minister appearance thread.

13. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

How sad. No one is happy with anyone -- for good reason IMHO. I do want to vote them all out, but there is no one better waiting to be voted in.

14. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
  15. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

Ken, I have voted for some of those guys from time to time. The biggest issue is that they are not in large enough numbers to do any real good. (I know I am cynical here -- I know that!)

I'm sick of the system. I also don't really trust ANY politician any further than I can throw him/her because too few have been trustworthy in the past (I do know I sound cynical ;) ) They've lied, cheated, and lied some more. I think few care about their constituancy and would enter into a deal with the devil himself to further his/her career. (I'm not going to say it again - you know the line)

I really want to get excited over some candidate. I want a president I can trust. I want a congress making wise decisions. I want a supreme court making constitutionally based decisions. *sigh*

16. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, m'friend, I'm afraid you're gonna be a rapture participant before you get your "want".

Yes, I'm cynical also, but from my gleanings of the daily news, also realistic.

MARA NATHA!!!!