Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Politics' started by KenH, Jan 5, 2006.
An excellent column by Peggy Noonan.
Congress can solve the problem by:
1. Repealing McCain Feingold.
2. Eliminating fund raising in Washington, DC. except for the DC representative.
3. Placing strict limits on the percentage of money spent in an election that can come from out of district for House members and out of state for Senators, say 25%.
4. Taking the limits off hard money that can be raised from individuals with the above constraints [items 2 and 3] applied.
5. Eliminate the contributions of public interest groups, corporations, and unions to individual campaigns, contributions to political parties only.
6. Require complete and immediate disclosure of all campaign contributions.