1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Congressman Ron Paul: 'Too early' to decide on 2012

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by KenH, Nov 15, 2009.

1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    As one of the readers of this article stated so well, "Sure hope he decides to run. He is the only one worth voting for."

Ron Paul: 'Too early' to decide on 2012

By Michael O'Brien - 11/14/09 04:46 PM ET

It's "too early" to say whether Rep. Ron Paul will run again for president, the Texas Republican said Saturday.

The libertarian congressman told a crowd in Iowa, the starting point for a presidential campaign, that he is simply focused on reelection to the House.

"It’s not on my mind, it’s too early, and I will be filing for my congressional seat,” Paul said in an interview with IowaPolitics.com.

“I don’t have any plans made," he said.

- more at http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...paul-says-its-too-early-to-decide-on-2012-run

2. Twizzler

Twizzler Member

*Boggle* The last I knew, RP was a Republican. Did I miss something? I realize he's got a lot of Libertarianlike ideals, but he's not a member of the Libertarian party, is he?

3. billwald

billwald New Member

RP has been a card carrying Libertarian for years. We don't discriminate against Republicans . . . or Dems.

4. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    If one is a libertarian philosophically, then a small "l" is used as this article did. When one is a member of the Libertarian Party, as I am, one uses a large "L". However, when to anyone who is philosophically libertarian a small "l" can be used any time.