1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Consequences of no consequences

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by TexasSky, Nov 18, 2005.

1. angel face

angel face New Member

i understand that it was wrong to say what i said its just that i think it was wrong for him to tell that to someone especially if he is a pastor but after that happened the church pretty much didnt want us there and that was the only church i felt comfortable at it was small and i considered them family so dont think i am trying to get out of going to church im not there is not a good one here that is good plus he has to keep it to himself not to tell anyone but it got around and i blame him i have forgiven him for it but i dont feel comfortable there anymore its called confession or counseling and that my friend is confidental!!!!!!!!

2. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

How does one accidently get pregnant?

3. PJ

PJ Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Back on topic, parenting our children - not befriending them - is what the Lord requires of us. Tough love applies, but flexibility is also part of the parenting package.

4. Filmproducer

Filmproducer Guest

How does one accidently get pregnant? </font>[/QUOTE]I agree C4K, but I would not put all the blame on the girl. It takes two to tango, so to speak. I believe I would also feel upset if the pastor openly asked the boy if my daughter slept around with everyone. IMO, that is taking most of the blame and putting it on the girl, when in fact both parties are equally at fault. I have witnessed instances in which a girl was shunned for becoming pregnant, but the boy was not. In highschool the assistant pastor son's girlfriend became pregnant. She was kicked out of school, and parents complained of her attending youth group so she was asked to leave. Nothing happened to the a.p. son. A year later another of his girlfriends ended up pregnant. Where was the consequence for him the first time?

Angelface,

I am praying for you and your family. I hope that you are able to find a church that is the right fit for you and your family.

5. angel face

angel face New Member

thank you filmproducer at least maybe you understand and i thank you for your prayers i hope to find a church thats not onesided or hipocritical and will except us as family and not outsiders

6. angel face

angel face New Member

C4K you are a male you can kinda figure it out that it takes two to tango and its a majority the males that want to have sex more than females in this world now a days im not saying i approve of it i was not happy when i was told but we have to live with it now i have told myself that this kind of thing would never happen in my family well i guess i was wrong nobodies perfect

7. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Of course it "takes two to tango" but people still do not "accidently" get pregnant. It is either consensual sex, or it is rape. There was no indication that this was a rape. If it was I apologise for my harshness.

Your daughter is still your daughter. You must love her and care for her and that cannot change. Getting pregnant was not her sin, but it wasn't an accident. Her sin, and that of the young man, was fornication.

You are correct I suppose. A pregnancy can happen accidently (no birth control, etc). Fornication doesn't happen by accident, and that is the sin involved here. Both young people sined. It is no excuse to say that the male's sex drive in stronger. Unless your daughter was raped she consented to sex and this pregnancy was the result.

If she hadn't become pregnant (no consequnces) what would have been the consequence?

8. SAMPLEWOW

SAMPLEWOW New Member

Here is my two cents worth: From a single parent with a daughter that got pregnant while still in high school. My daughter was wrong and the hole thing turned into a big mess for a few months and the church I was in(and am back in)really gave me a hard time and I believe that they were out of line on a few things BUT so was my daughter and so was I. All said and done I believe that most people just plain don't know how to deal with sin that shows it's self . All the thing's that we can't see we Baptist's tend to sweep under the rug. I believe that my pastor and most pastor's don't mean to harm the people in their church.

After I got done being mad I went back and now my daughter and her husband are there to. I am thankful to the LORD that He showed me how to forgive and how to see what His word says about how we should live. I love my church family including my pastor. :cool:

9. TaterTot

TaterTot Guest

wow, thats a great testimony and a great attitude that you have. I am so glad that God can use sinners like us, arent you?

10. NaasPreacher (C4K)

11. SAMPLEWOW

SAMPLEWOW New Member

Ha-Angel Face I hope your not offended by my post my intentions are good I just thought maybe it would help to see through the eyes that have been where your at now. [​IMG]

12. bapmom

bapmom New Member

Thats wonderful, Sample.

Im glad there are some out there who realize pastors are people too and can do or say something that might not be right all the time.

Its good to see your attitude.

13. SAMPLEWOW

SAMPLEWOW New Member

Well thanks bapmom but I must tell you that it took a while to change my mind and I didn't do it but Christ that lives in me. I am slowly but surely learning that this life I live on planet earth is All about our Savior. [​IMG]