1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Conservative Bible Project

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by JTornado1, Oct 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Apparently your view of high is so high that you do not know what Koine Greek is.

You should study your Bible better to know that unbelief has nothing to do with intellectual ability.

2. Harold Garvey

Harold Garvey New Member

Nice error in your assumption there, Brother.

It's not "K"oine Greek, it's koine Greek. Common Greek.

Maybe you want to go back to the "good'ol days" but I enjoy finess and even enjoy air conditioning and don't forget penicilin!

Um, unbelief isn't corrected through a modern version, but is changed into belief as the Spirit convicts and sinners turn to the Savior.

this demeaning principle to bring the word of God down to an intellectual level is an attack against the Lord. If anything it adds to unbelief and tears down faith and the supremacy of God's word over man's words.:smilewinkgrin:

3. Harold Garvey

Harold Garvey New Member

I'm not inerrant, neither are you. I simply made a typo and forgot the r.

Try Psalm 138 and let's see how an agnostic refutes the Bible.:tongue3:

4. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Are you sure it is not spelled both ways? So are you saying that it is a good hermeneutical principle to translate from common Greek to high English. If the Greek was common in that day should it not be translated to common English of the day today. I am unaware of anyone who reads the KJV who also speaks like that. If it the "high" English is so good then why do none of the KJVO folks not speak like that. Is it possible that the KJVO folks are seriously lacking in their knowledge and use of English? I am unable to find any of your writings that use high English but rather common English. Does that say something about you?

I always thought the correct spelling of the word is penicillin.

If you read Hebrew 3:12 you will notice that unbelief is a refusal to believe. The spirit has already convicted but the person continues to refuse to believe.

Did you not write the statement, "You expect lost men to be able to intellectually grasp the spiritual things found within the word of God."? If that is what you wrote then I thought you should be corrected in your view of what you think I think. Certainly that is not what I think.

5. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Once again a thread has been dragged totally off topic by agenda driven posters. I have no choice but to close it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.