1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Conservative celebrities

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Salty, Aug 11, 2009.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. Andy T.

Andy T. Active Member

I've heard that Gary Sinise is conservative. Not on this list - what sources do they use? Greg Norman - I always thought he was liberal. I remember him speaking highly of Bill Clinton.

3. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Gary Sinise is a conservative.

4. BigBossman

BigBossman Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have to doubt the accuraccy of this list. There are some names I recognize as legit conservatives. There are others I'm not too knowledgeable of. Then there are some that I know that are totally wrong.

I didn't see Alice Cooper's name on the list. I know he was a big Bush supporter. However, that doesn't mean he's a conservative. I would have figured he'd be on the list.

Arnold Schwarzenegger is no conservative. He is one of those weaker "Compassionate Conservatives". Compassionate conservative is just another way of saying moderate. Tony Danza shouldn't be on that list either. He was a guest on Huckabee & stated that he was an Obama voter.

I'm also surprised to see Jon Secada & Gloria Estefan on that list. I would have figured they were big time liberals. I guess it comes to show that I can be wrong sometimes.

#4 BigBossman, Aug 13, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2009
  5. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Schwarzenegger is a moderate conservative, leaning "slightly right of center". Many here would like deem moderate conservatives to be liberal. Other moderate conservative celebrities are Bono, Tom Cruise, Regis Philbin, and Kid Rock.

Some more traditionally conservative celebrities are Gary Oldman, James Earl Jones, and my favorite pitchman, the late Billy Mays.