1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Conservatives Say Good Riddance to an 'Anti-Family' Politician

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Revmitchell, Mar 11, 2008.

1. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

mister, you don't know me and I don't know you, so you have no call to judge me based on what I have opined here.
    I have expressed no sarcasm towards the lady Spitzer or her children here, neither did I wish them ill.
    I have simply pointed out that as far as I am concerned I cannot be more papist than the pope, which means, if a family man cares only for his happiness and himself and did not bring into account the effects of his actions on his family, who am I to say that I love his family more than he does, and I feel more for his family than he does.
    How does anyone know here that Mr. Spitzer at this point in time is not feeling remorse and feeling the pain he has caused ?
    Nobody knows.
    Not you, not me, and not anybody else who thinks I am a child of hell because of my attitude.
    I judge according to what I see, and I do not see Mr. Spitzer's heart.
    So I feel nothing. zilch. nada.
    not to mention that he is not my brother in Christ.
    If he was, things will be a little more different.
    and in case you haven't noticed, the Lord's instructions were for His people to love each other, he didn't instruct His people to love everybody else, because He doesn't love everybody else, His love is for those who are His.
    All others will feel and face His wrath.

Now, if he were my brother in Christ, things will be a whole lot more different.

And if I am the one you are calling a fool, raca, there is a Scripture for that, while you cannot show me a Scripture that I must feel sorry for the Spitzer family.

So, go ahead, cry your heart out.
    Don't compel me to cry along with you, though.

#21 pinoybaptist, Mar 11, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2008
  2. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

I forgot that you are a Primitive Baptist with your [insulting language removed] Calvinistic doctrine. I should have remembered and then I would not have expected anything more from you.

At least you have portrayed for all to see just how [very insulting language removed] your beliefs really are.

As far as calling you a fool is concerned, I was not talking to you in particular, [more insulting language removed]

#22 dragonfly, Mar 11, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2008
  3. Bro. James Reed

Bro. James Reed New Member

NOTE from MODERATOR: Please do NOT repeat people's quotes who are using insulting language. It is more than likely that it will be edited out anyway and if it is repeated we have to edit it at EACH location and that gets old; plus it allows us to miss quotes that need editing since the quote is repeated over and over. Thank you very much! Please handle these with your "report Post" button and simply report insults such as this to the moderators. We will try to take care of them. Thank you!
    MODERATOR PHILLIP

You are crossing the line here.

Now you have attacked pinoybaptist and me, and every other Primitive Baptist on this board!

You have no call to put all of us down with your remarks about our beliefs.

#23 Bro. James Reed, Mar 11, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2008
  4. Baptist in Richmond

Baptist in Richmond Active Member

If I am understanding you correctly: the family should lie in it as well.

I wonder exactly when we, as Christians, lost empathy?

Regards,
    BiR

5. TomVols

TomVols New Member

About the only thing that Pinoy has said that makes any sense is that these morons (McGreevy, Spitzer, etc) who parade their wives on stage to make a good political statement are just sleaze.

As a father, I feel for the daughters. They didn't ask for their father to be a scumbag.

Dragonfly...you can disagree with Calvinistic doctrine all you want, but please don't call it twisted. That's beneath dignified.

Now, if you'll excuse me, RBell, BiR, and some others, we need to leave the playground and go back to the more mature discussions around here. :thumbs:

6. chuck2336

chuck2336 Member

Now I am feeling sorry for pinoybaptist. So much anger and hatred is a huge burden to carry. I am committing to pray for God to help them lay that burden down.

God cares for the Spitzers of the world and He cares about the pinoybaptist of the world too.

Someone needs a hug.

:1_grouphug:

7. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

I thought about this last night and realized that my remarks will not be taken well with the other Primitive Baptist posters. I was only talking about Pinobaptist and should have made that clear, that is, unless all Primitive Baptists have this same view of compassion.

8. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

Please

Let's get back to the subject and off the attacks and insulting language or we will have to shut down the thread.

I know emotions get high during subjects such and this and Christians want to speak out, but lets don't kill each other in the process.

9. pinoybaptist

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    chuck, I have no anger in my heart, but I will welcome a hug, just as I would hug, any brother-in-Christ.
    I just put my sympathies where they should be, and do not put words in the Savior's mouth that He did not say.

Dragonfly insulted his brethren for somebody who is not his brethren, and instead of admitting he called me a fool, which is against Scripture, posted and printed that flimsy excuse for everybody to see.

I did not respond to that insult.

But, I wonder if he can be as vocal in person, when he and I are eyeballing each other ?

Maybe. Maybe not. At any rate, that's a pretty remote possibility, us ever meeting in person, though I wouldn't be averse to it. It has been my experience that people who say things to somebody when the subject is not in front of him usually calm down when the time has come to be as physical as they are vocal. Usually, but not always.

And for what ?

For somebody stupid enough to do things which could backfire on him and affect those who love him, that's for what.

Mrs. Spitzer is without a doubt a fine lady, and a faithful wife, BUT, like I opined, I don't think this is the first time her husband has done this, although I doubt if she knows anything about the "money trail" that the Feds are sniffing on.

Consorting with ladies of the night can be pretty habit forming, especially if the lady of the night knows her stuff, and I'm pretty sure an expensive New York city lady of the night can do her number pretty well.

For the sake of harmony among us on this board, I am taking back what I said about not feeling any sympathy for the Spitzer family. Let us just say I am going to remain neutral, and I hope that would at least bring some power to Dragonfly's flutter.

I just hope Mr. Spitzer will have enough guts not to drag his wife in front of the cameras and them pretend to be still one big happy family despite all these "persecutions" and "misunderstandings".

When these politicians do that, it makes me want to puke.

10. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Newsday reported yesterday that he had at least seven or eight liaisons with prostitutes from the service around the country, including in Washington and Florida, paying several thousand dollars each time.
    Mr Spitzer, 48, who is married with three daughters, faces possible charges stemming not from the sex, but from his payments to the alleged prostitution ring.
    The former prosecutor, who has put at least two prostitution rings on trial in his career, could be charged with concealing the purpose of the payments to a criminal enterprise — an offence called structuring that carries a five-year prison term.
    He could also be at risk of a separate charge because the prostitute crossed state lines by travelling by train from New York to Washington for the date. The investigation began as an inquiry into suspicious cash transfers involving the New York Governor that investigators suspected initially might be linked to bribery or campaign finance violations.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/us_and_americas/article3533552.ece

11. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

Spitzer has fallen into what many in power have done...thinking they are above the law. Sexual indiscretions know no partisanship...there are plenty of people with human frailties and bad judgment in both political parties.

12. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

Hey MP,
    I am in agreement with you on this. [​IMG]WOW!

13. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

I was very angry when I read pinoybaptist's post and responded before thinking.

I apologize to all involved for responding foolishly (note the reference to being a fool this time is attributed to myself).

As far as Calvinism is concerned, I did cross the line, and I apologize for this also. Although I am not a Calvinist and don't agree with this doctrine, there are many good Christians who hold to the view. I had no right to disparage these people because of my disagreement with a fellow poster who happens to be a Calvinist ( I hope I am correct in thinking that all Primitive Baptist hold to the Calvinistic belief.)

14. pinoybaptist

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    children, listen up !!
    Daddy has a confession to make !!
    :wavey:

This afternoon at the gym I was watching the Spitzer resignation announcement coverage.
    At least that's what I think it was, because there was no sound.
    (Today is my wife's day off, and on days like these, nobody, but nobody can switch the tv from Crossing Jordan except her, and she has the monopoly of the laptop as well).
    Beside him was his wife.
    It was the first time that I was hit with the realization that this guy just insulted that pretty lady beside him, and when the camera switched to a view of the husband and wife with their lovely daughters I felt the confusion and hurt that these young ladies were probably feeling.
    It is not pleasant to be at the top, and then find yourself plummeting down without warning.

I do feel sad for the family.

I have hurt and confused some brethren here, and have not been a good testimony in behalf of my beloved brethren, the Primitive Baptists.

I would like to say that I am not representative, with regards to that callousness of attitude, of Primitive Baptists. They are among the most gentle people I have ever been privileged to have as brethren in this plane called time.

I am also taking back what I said.

Mrs. Spitzer and her children are worthy of our sympathies as Christians, and of our prayers that our God will extend them as much comfort as He will to His children, in accordance with His grace.

FWIW.

15. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

You guys are gonna make me cry. (Pinoy and dragonfly)

By their fruits you shall know them.
    That was some good fruit!

Good job guys. :1_grouphug:

:godisgood:

16. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

I forgot. Good Christians only care about their own family. They don't care about anybody else's. They don't care about the poor or the sick either. Right?

17. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Today 06:44 PM
    You really should update yourself with a thread before responding.:thumbs:

Yesterday 06:59 PM