1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Considering the problem of depression & discouragement!

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by jim62, May 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Im glad He does....but remember, you dont get to live forever. And by your own misguided advice, you could seriously hurt or kill someone....in other words you can ruin peoples lives more devistatingly, with your smug virtue than any sinner with his sinning ever could.

2. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

Steadfastfred- What is the motivation behind your postings that drives you? It seems like you have gone beyond declaring what you think is truth to becomming a pseudo-doctor/theologian who now takes pleasure in the role of bully toward seemingly (in your mind) weaker brothers.

If I were to guess, it's either issues of your own or pride. That or you are a troll.

3. padredurand

padredurand Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why don't you go somewhere else so the grown ups can have an intelligent conversation about depression. Your grasp of how the human body functions borders on the absurd and your biblical eisegesis follows in a close second.

4. jim62

jim62 New Member

ENOUGH PEOPLE!!! I don't think the LORD is happy seeing His people rip in to each other, you should be ashamed of your self, AND I MEAN THIS OUT OF LOVE. If the world wants to beat you up don't give them the stick to do it with.

5. jim62

jim62 New Member

Proverbs 6:16-19

King James Version (KJV)

16 These six things doth the Lord hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him:

17 A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,

18 An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief,

19 A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren. FOCUS ON VS. 19 and also Galatians 6:1-4

King James Version (KJV)

6 Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted.

2 Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ.

3 For if a man think himself to be something, when he is nothing, he deceiveth himself.

4 But let every man prove his own work, and then shall he have rejoicing in himself alone, and not in another.

6. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ahhh Jim the Do Gooder.......:laugh:

Look, you want to do some good......you live in Maryland, Right.

Send me some of those famous Maryland Crabcakes up to New Jersey....send some to Padre up in Upstate NY & maybe he will return the favor & send you back some of his Carnigie Deli Pastrami leftovers.....you well have to specify if you want mustard & the half eaten pickle. :laugh: I will supply the Joisey pizza. Burp!....you supply your own beer! :laugh: :godisgood:

7. Steadfast Fred

Steadfast Fred Active Member

More damage is done by masking sin with medication than by pointing them to Jesus.

8. Steadfast Fred

Steadfast Fred Active Member

I know exactly how the human body functions.

I've yet to see a picture of the mind. Perhaps instead of claiming I am wrong you can provide a picture showing me it is a material thing that can get diseased?

or perhaps not.

9. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

I am saying that sin brings depression. Depression is the result of their sin. Just like alcoholism is the result of sin. They are reaping what they sow.
    We are not to be anxious and those who disregard that instead of trusting the Lord can fall into depression.

10. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Low blood sugar does not cause mental illness.

11. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Chanting the name of Jesus IS NOT faith.

12. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just a horrific headache followed by a diabetic coma followed by death. Have some pizza! :tongue3:

13. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

You tell someone that you want a grown up conversation by slandering them? Is that a true Baptist response or just what your parents taught you?

14. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No....it was death.

15. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Padre.....if I were you, Id send the pickles to Gerald....& the cole slaw.

16. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

So what does that have to do with mental illness?

17. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Pizza....well moms family are all from Naples & a good ole home cooked pizza in a coal fired stove cures mostly everything....you know with the herbs, onions & all.

seriously though, if your going into a diabetic coma then your blood sugar is too darn low. The pizza serves as a carbohydrate to quickly put sugar back into the blood stream. Now Ive seen people go absolutely crazy when they move away from the North East & have to endure crappy pizza (generally from the south, places like Texas) but the coal fired pizza from places like Joisey does snap them out of it! :D

18. jim62

jim62 New Member

EARTH, WIND & FIRE, why don't you make fun of God as He is talking to you right now.
    Proverbs 1:24-32

King James Version (KJV)

24 Because I have called, and ye refused; I have stretched out my hand, and no man regarded;
    25 But ye have set at nought all my counsel, and would none of my reproof:
    26 I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your fear cometh;
    27 When your fear cometh as desolation, and your destruction cometh as a whirlwind; when distress and anguish cometh upon you.
    28 Then shall they call upon me, but I will not answer; they shall seek me early, but they shall not find me:
    29 For that they hated knowledge, and did not choose the fear of the Lord:
    30 They would none of my counsel: they despised all my reproof.
    31 Therefore shall they eat of the fruit of their own way, and be filled with their own devices.
    32 For the turning away of the simple shall slay them, and the prosperity of fools shall destroy them.

19. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Im still looking for those crab cakes Jim.... Dont disappoint me cause I intend putting them in my tomato sauce for my thin spaghetti meal ;)

20. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    BTW Jimbo...please tell me chapter & verse where this is will ya....."The quality of mercy is not strained. It droppeth as the gentle rain from heaven --blesseth him that gives and him that takes"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.