1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Constitution can no longer protect Americans

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by billwald, Nov 17, 2006.

1. billwald

billwald New Member

Just as the Constitutional protections can not protect us against people who only want to kill Americans, neither does it permit the police to protect the people against uncivilized people.

Some uncivilized people including many winos and crazies only respond to pain. In the old days the police could take them in an alley and get their attention. Now days everyone seems to have a picture phone and anything the police do can end up as an out of context 10 second clip on the 6 pm news. This is why the modern police officer - once the situation is understood - spends most of their time writing reports explaining why they didn't make an arrest. Of course, there are always rookies and officers who never grow who will into violent situations and get their pictures in the news. I always let the rookies beat me to the exciting calls. They usually volunteered.

2. StraightAndNarrow

StraightAndNarrow Active Member

Why can't these people be picked up for loitering or public drunkedness?

3. Daisy

Daisy New Member

American winos and "uncivilized" (mentally ill?) people are protected by the Constitution.

What makes you think they "respond" to getting beat up by police better than to being treated decently?

I find the OP horrific.

4. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

I thought the constitution gave me the right to protect myself from uncivilized people.

5. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

?? Dont get this one.

6. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Police beating up winos doesn't make me feel any safer, btw.

7. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

I am not really worried about the winos denying Americans Constitutional rights. If you want something to focus on that erodes our rights, try looking at politicians in Washington from both parties.

8. StraightAndNarrow

StraightAndNarrow Active Member

The Constitution gives you the right to protect yourself from personal attack, not the right to protecting yourself from "uncivilized people."

9. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Who protects us from the police? Arresting someone is not the same as finding them guilty and dishing out the punishment. That is supposed to come later.

10. Not_hard_to_find

Site Supporter

So you abrogated your responsibility to be a role model and trainer?