1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Contemporary Landmarkers??

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by chris_price, Mar 19, 2005.

1. chris_price

chris_price New Member

Are there any churches that you know of that hold landmark tenants, but are using a contemporary worship style. I ask this because it seems like when churches use newer forms of worship, their doctrine has changed. Is there such thing as a contemporary landmaker??? I am not slinging mud, just inquiring.

2. USN2Pulpit

USN2Pulpit New Member

kind of paradoxical in terminology, huh? "contemporary""landmarker" [​IMG]

3. chris_price

chris_price New Member

This is one of the things that intrigue me about this idea of a contemporary worshiping church that adheres to immersion baptism, guarded pulpits and fencing of the table.

4. Kiffen

Kiffen Member

I used to be a Landmarker years ago. Believe it or not many Landmark Baptist churches embrace CCM, Praise and Worship music.

5. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Funny. I always envision landmark theology as "old school" (as well as just odd ;) ) Just seems incongruous to "old-is-best" in some areas and yet embracing "new-is-better" in others.

:confused: :confused:

6. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

Chris,

In your kneck of the woods, that might be difficult. How far are you willing to go and wich way? I am not landmarker, but I still got connections back home.

God Bless,

Wayne

7. dh1948

dh1948 Member
    Site Supporter

Chris, I would be surprised if there are any such churches in Texas, but Texas is a big state. I often chuckle at some of the memories I have of being a Landmarker. Like the one about one of the "big-wigs" in the ABA in Texas bragging about his refusal to attend the Southern Baptist deacon ordination of his son.
    It was all done in the name of standing for the truth.

I can't even imagine a Landmark BC departing from the older church hymns.