1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

continuing God's Sovereignty on Reprobation

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by pinoybaptist, Jul 27, 2002.

1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Excuse, please. [​IMG]

Ken

2. Ray Berrian

Ray Berrian New Member

Some of you might have children or grandchildren who can explain to you the meaning of the 'What if God . . .' in Romans 9:22.

God is suggesting a hypothetical case. Relax, it is not real. God could have chosen some for Heaven and Hell, but in His wisdom did not do this.

His plan is to make men and women with free agency; will they obey the Lord or will they make their own path '. . . fitted or worthy of destuction.'

3. Ray Berrian

Ray Berrian New Member

Both O.T. and N.T. Scripture indicates that God is totally just and fair, suggesting the Justice of God, which is one of His attributes. II Chronicles 19:7 and Acts 17:30b is a lucid reminder that under both covenants He has always been fair with human beings. ' . . . for there is no iniquity with the Lord our God, nor respect of persons, nor taking of gifts.' The Lord's honor remains untarnished in spite of what other Christians views are about His authcratic ways in dealing with people's salvation.

4. Ray Berrian

Ray Berrian New Member

Ken Hamilton,

I understand your misconception of how we think, but your last sentence did not make any sense to me at all.

5. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Which last sentence in which post?

By the way, I used to be even more extreme they you are now - I was a Pelagian - sort of like an Arminian on steriods. So I think I fully understand your viewpoint. [​IMG]

Ken
    A Spurgeonite
    www.spurgeon.org

6. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

What is unfair about sending people to hell for their willful sins?

7. Ray Berrian

Ray Berrian New Member

Pastor Larry,

As we both know, people who do not come to Christ in this lifetime, either because they ignore or refuse Christ or because God lets them continue in their sins, enter Hell forever.

We object because we believe the Bible teaches that God has made possible/and or accomplished salvation for every person born of a woman. God calls all to eternal life; only those who turn to Him find this experience and reality. But, at the Great White Throne Judgment no one will be able to say to Christ, "You would not invite me or call me to Thy blessed Presence." Their rejection of Jesus will determine His verdict of Hell for them.

8. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ray,

I totally agree with what I quoted from you above.

Ken
    A Spurgeonite
    www.spurgeon.org

[ August 08, 2002, 04:57 PM: Message edited by: Ken Hamilton ]

9. russell55

russell55 New Member

Me too.....

10. Pastor Larry

Site Supporter

Well which do you believe?? Did he make it possible or did he accomplish it?? I believe he accomplished it.

11. Ray Berrian

Ray Berrian New Member

By Christ accomplishing salvation for every human being He has made it more than possible for people to believe on Him. The only thing left for human beings to do is to 'Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved.'

Even under the Old Covenant God said, 'Turn you at My reproof . . . ' [Proverbs 1:23] God told the people to take their selves in hand and to turn from their sins. Notice God did not turn them; they were to turn themselves. But, let me also say that anyone who wants to turn from their evil, can do so, because God is there to inable them in this matter by the aid of the Holy Spirit.

In verse 24 we find people refusing His call and in verse 26-27 we understand God's dealing with those who resist His salvation. In theology we call this Resistible Grace, which is in keeping with the teaching of the Words from God Himself.

12. Pastor Larry

Site Supporter

It is accomplished, more than possible (whatever that means), yet there is still something left to do. That seems incoherent. How can something be accomplished if there is something left that is not included in it? How can something be "more than possible"? Is that not accomplished??

No one argues that people can reject wisdom and truth from God. That is not the point. No matter how many times you repeat it, it still will not be the point.