1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Contraception

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by mojoala, Jun 26, 2006.

1. mojoala

mojoala New Member

1. What was the very first Commandment given to Mankind?

Gen 1:28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

2. Then God reiterates this 3 more times:

Gen 9:1 And God blessed Noah and his sons, and said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth.

Gen 9:7 And you, be ye fruitful, and multiply; bring forth abundantly in the earth, and multiply therein.

Gen 35:11 And said to him: I am God Almighty, increase thou and be multiplied. Nations and peoples of nations shall be from thee, and kings shall come out of thy loins.

Fom the beginning, the Lord commands us to be fruitful ("fertile") and multiply. A husband and wife fulfill God's plan for marriage in the bringing forth of new life, for God is life itself.

Contraception says: “Screw you God, I will not be fruitful and multiply.”

4. Isaac's prayer over Jacob shows that fertility and procreation are considered blessings from God.

Gen. 28:3 And may God, the Ruler of all, give you his blessing, giving you fruit and increase, so that you may become an army of peoples.

5. Onan is killed by God for practicing contraception (in this case, withdrawal) and spilling his semen on the ground. Contraception is a detestable thing:

Gen. 38:8-10 –8 And Judah said unto Onan, Go in unto thy brother's wife, and marry her, and raise up seed to thy brother. 9 And Onan knew that the seed should not be his; and it came to pass, when he went in unto his brother's wife, that he spilled it on the ground, lest that he should give seed to his brother.
    10 And the thing which he did displeased the LORD: wherefore he slew him also.

Gen. 38:9 - also, the author's usage of the graphic word "seed," which is very uncharacteristic for Hebrew writing, further highlights the reason for Onan's death.

From the Hebrew Bible: And the thing which he did was EVIL in the sight of the LORD; and He slew him also.

Gen. 38:11-26 Judah, like Onan, also rejected God's command to keep up the family lineage, but he was not killed.

6. The penalty for refusing to keep up a family lineage is not death, like Onan received. Onan was killed for wasting seed.

Deut. 25: 7 But if the man says he will not take his brother's wife, then let the wife go to the responsible men of the town, and say, My husband's brother will not keep his brother's name living in Israel; he will not do what it is right for a husband's brother to do. 8 Then the responsible men of the town will send for the man, and have talk with him: and if he still says, I will not take her; 9 Then his brother's wife is to come to him, before the responsible men of the town, and take his shoe off his foot, and put shame on him, and say, So let it be done to the man who will not take care of his brother's name. 10 And his family will be named in Israel, The house of him whose shoe has been taken off.

7. God promises blessings which include no miscarriages or barrenness. Children are blessings from God, and married couples must always be open to God's plan for new life with every act of marital intimacy.

Exodus 23: 25 And ye shall serve the LORD your God, and he shall bless thy bread, and thy water; and I will take sickness away from the midst of thee.
    26 There shall nothing cast their young, nor be barren, in thy land: the number of thy days I will fulfil.

Deut. 7:13 And he will love thee, and bless thee, and multiply thee: he will also bless the fruit of thy womb, and the fruit of thy land, thy corn, and thy wine, and thine oil, the increase of thy kine, and the flocks of thy sheep, in the land which he sware unto thy fathers to give thee. 14 Thou shalt be blessed above all people: there shall not be male or female barren among you, or among your cattle.

8. Wasting seed with non-generative sexual acts warrants death. We have all strayed from this and have rejected this fundamental truth.

Lev.18:22-23 22 Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination. 23 Neither shalt thou lie with any beast to defile thyself therewith: neither shall any woman stand before a beast to lie down thereto: it is confusion.

Lev 20:13 - 13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

Why is above an abomination? Because these acts do not produce life and it says no to God’s first commandment to Mankind.

2. mojoala

mojoala New Member

Contraception - Part 2

9. Crushed testicles are called a defect and a blemish before God. God reveals that deliberate sterilization and any other methods which prevent conception are intrinsically evil.

Lev. 21:17 Speak unto Aaron, saying, Whosoever he be of thy seed in their generations that hath any blemish, let him not approach to offer the bread of his God….20 Or crookbacked, or a dwarf, or that hath a blemish in his eye, or be scurvy, or scabbed, or hath his stones broken;

(Stones) H810 'eshek eh'-shek
    From an unused root (probably meaning to bunch together); a testicle (as a lump): - stone.

10. Contraception is objectively sinful and contrary, not only to God's Revelation, but the moral and natural law. The following verse makes it clear. One who cannot produce life cannot be a part of God’s people.

Deut. 23:1 1 He that is wounded in the stones, or hath his privy member cut off, shall not enter into the congregation of the LORD.

11. There is punishment for potential damage to the testicles, for such damage puts new life at risk. It, of course, follows that vasectomies, which are done with willful consent, are gravely contrary to the natural law.

Deut. 25: 11 When men strive together one with another, and the wife of the one draweth near for to deliver her husband out of the hand of him that smiteth him, and putteth forth her hand, and taketh him by the secrets:
    12 Then thou shalt cut off her hand, thine eye shall not pity her.

12. Children are a gift of favor from God and blessed is a full quiver. Married couples must always be open to God's precious gift of life. Contraception, which shows a disregard for human life, has lead to the great evils of abortion, euthanasia, and infanticide.

Psalm 127: 3 Lo, children are an heritage of the LORD: and the fruit of the womb is his reward.
    4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.
    5 Happy is the man that hath his quiver full of them: they shall not be ashamed, but they shall speak with the enemies in the gate.

Is your quiver full. Does your quiver show a lasting testament to God’s Commands?

13. God punishes Israel by preventing pregnancy. Contraception is a curse, and married couples who use contraception are putting themselves under the same curse.

Hosea 9:11; 11 As for Ephraim, their glory shall fly away like a bird, from the birth, and from the womb, and from the conception.

Jer. 18:21 - 21 Therefore deliver up their children to the famine, and pour out their blood by the force of the sword; and let their wives be bereaved of their children, and be widows; and let their men be put to death; let their young men be slain by the sword in battle.

14. marriage is not a contract (which is a mere exchange of property or services). It is a covenant, which means a supernatural exchange of persons. Just as God is three in one, so are a husband and wife, who become one flesh and bring forth new life, three in one. Marital love is a reflection of the Blessed Trinity.

Mal. 2:14 Yet ye say, Wherefore? Because the LORD hath been witness between thee and the wife of thy youth, against whom thou hast dealt treacherously: yet is she thy companion, and the wife of thy covenant.

15. What does God desire? Godly offspring. What is contraception? A deliberate act against God's will. With contraception, a couple declares, "God may want an eternal being created with our union, but we say no." Contraception is a grave act of selfishness.

Mal. 2:15 And did not he make one? Yet had he the residue of the spirit. And wherefore one? That he might seek a godly seed. Therefore take heed to your spirit, and let none deal treacherously against the wife of his youth.

16. Jesus said a husband and wife shall become one. They are no longer two, but one, just as God is three persons, yet one. The expression of authentic marital love reintegrates our bodies and souls to God, and restores us to our original virginal state (perfect integration of body and soul) before God.

Matt. 19: 5 And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh?6 Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.

3. mojoala

mojoala New Member

Contraception - Part 3

17. Contraception prevents God's ability to "join" together. Just as Christ's love for us is selfless and sacrificial, and a husband and wife reflect this union, so a husband and wife's love for each other must also be selfless and sacrificial. This means being open to new life.

Matt. 19:6 see above.

Eph. 5: 31 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.

18: NT Paralell Acts 5:1-11 - Ananias and Sapphira were slain because they withheld part of a gift. Fertility is a gift from God and cannot be withheld.

Rom.1:26-27 - sexual acts without the possibility of procreation is sinful. Self-giving love is life-giving love, or the love is a lie. The unitive and procreative elements of marital love can never be divided, or the marital love is also divided, and God is left out of the marriage.

1 Cor. 6:19-20 - the body is the temple of the Holy Spirit; thus, we must glorify God in our bodies by being open to His will.

19. This verse below supports the practice of natural family planning . Married couples should not refuse each other except perhaps by agreement for a season, naturally.

1 Cor. 7:5 5 Defraud ye not one the other, except it be with consent for a time, that ye may give yourselves to fasting and prayer; and come together again, that Satan tempt you not for your incontinency. -

20. Paul instructs husbands to love their wives as Christ loved the Church, by giving his entire body to her and holding nothing back. With contraception, husbands tell their wives, I love you except your fertility, and you can have me except for my fertility. This love is a lie because it is self-centered, and not self-giving and life-giving.

Eph. 5:25 25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

21. Mutilating the flesh (e.g., surgery to prevent conception) is gravely sinful. Many of us reject this most basic moral truth.

Eph. 5: 29 For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church: 30 For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones. 31 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.

Phil. 3:2 2 Beware of dogs, beware of evil workers, beware of the concision.

Concision G2699 katatomē kat-at-om-ay'From a compound of G2596 and τέμνωtemnō (to cut); a cutting down (off), that is, mutilation (ironically): - concision. Compare G609.

4. mojoala

mojoala New Member

Contracpton - Conclusion

22. This verse implies childbearing provides salvation by God’s grace.

1 Tim. 2:15 - 15 Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety.

25. These verses mention the word "sorcery or witchcraft." The Greek word is "pharmakeia" which includes abortifacient potions such as birth control pills. These pharmakeia are mortally sinful. Moreover, chemical contraception does not necessarily prevent conception, but may actually kill the child in the womb after conception has occurred (by preventing the baby from attaching to the uterine wall). Contraception is a lie that has deceived millions Our word Pharmacy is derived from this pharmakeia.

Sorceries G5331 pharmakeia far-mak-i'-ah From G5332; medication (“pharmacy”),

Rev. 9:21 Neither repented they of their murders, nor of their sorceries, nor of their fornication, nor of their thefts.

Rev.21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Rev.22:15 For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

Gal. 5:20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,

25. History

Prior to 1930, Contraception was classified as a sin based on Scripture. I find this disturbing that We are making a claim that Christianity was wrong for 1900 years about Contraception. Other God believing Religions believed Contraception to be a sin as well.

What happened then?

Satan infiltrated us and wedged the door open.

In the Anglican Church permitted Contraception in certain cases at the Lambeth Conference. Satan won a victory. The flood gates were opened. The last of the Protestants to accept this lie were the Presbyterians during the 1970s.

What has Contraception resulted in?

Increase in Adultery – contraception removed the fear of conceiving a child.
    Increase in Divorce - Adulterers being exposed.
    Increase in Divorce – One spouse wanted children where the other did not.
    Reduced Marriage Rate – brought on by fear of the above.
    Great evils of abortion – brought about logically when the above mentioned failed to reduce pregnancy.
    Great evil of Infantcide - brought about by the snowballing affect of all the above – Satan’s crowning achievement for humanity.
    Great evil of euthanasia - brought about by the snowballing affect of all the above – Satan’s crowning achievement for him proclaiming himself God.

What is next?

Summary and Conclusion:

When married couples contracept, they are declaring: "not your will God, but my will be done."

I provided the Scriptures and the Arguments. I will not respond to any comments on this post. All of my defense is done before hand.

God Bless and Go live the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

5. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Would you say the Earth is replenished?

That sure was one bad butcher job on God's Word to make it say what you want it to say!

6. mojoala

mojoala New Member

What does God tell you on this subject.

That sure was one bad butcher job on God's Word to make it say what you want it to say![/quote]God has spoken to my heart. This is his word revealed to me.

7. music4Him

music4Him New Member

I thought the title of the the thread said "Contraption"! My bad... :laugh:

But since I'm here what about the females who are barren and cannot be fruitful.

8. mojoala

mojoala New Member

Pray that God might reveal it to you.

9. Chemnitz

Chemnitz New Member

Funny in all of the verses I never saw anything about contraception. Sometimes people need to spend more time actually reading the Bible rather than using their concordance. At least one of the verses I saw was about avoiding sexual temptation and not having anything to do with family planning. Honestly, the agreed upon time could just happen during the fertile period.

Of course, you got to love it when people use the "others have abused it so it must be evil" argument.

10. mojoala

mojoala New Member

I shall pray for you, that God might give you his Holy Spirit, that you might see what God has to reveal.

11. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

So what if you don't have the financial resources to provide for the children? You just supposed to keep popping them out without the means to care for them? And don't say that God will provide the resources because that sure isn't working for African believers that are starving right along with their children.

12. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

ya know, I don't think there is really gonna be much discussion here.

This is not an indepth look at what the Bible has to say about contraception. It's a string of verses. AND mojoala has already told two people that he will pray for them that God might be revealed (my paraphrase). This leads me to believe that he thinks he has seen the light and the rest of us haven't.

13. mojoala

mojoala New Member

Not indepth? :laugh: Surely you jest. If not then please start a new thread with what you would call an "Indepth" look.

14. Chemnitz

Chemnitz New Member

Good thing I wasn't expecting honest discussion then, I figured mojoala was one who thought they know it all because they know how to use a concordance. And your right it was about as in-depth as the kiddie pool. If he had done like a prof of mine who wrote 300 some pages about Obadiah then he could claim in-depth.

BTW mojoala, flesh doesn't mean genitalia.

You argue from silence. You assume that because children is concidered a blessing not having children is a curse. In all of the verses the causing of barreness was used as a punishment by God. They do not say a thing about self imposed barreness.
    If you are to believed all people who do not marry but choose a life of chastity such as Paul did, they would be sinning because they are practicing a form of self imposed contraception.

Like I said earlier lay off the prooftexting and actually read what God says. Oh and lay off the bean burritos they seemed to be confusing you concerning the promptings of the Spirit.

15. mojoala

mojoala New Member

God said fill the earth. PERIOD. If you have a problem with God's word and his commandment, you take it up with him.

16. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Mojoala, you are not a prophet, and God hasn't "revealed" some hidden truth to you beyond His Word. The verses you posted were ripped from context, some not even supporting whay you were trying to say! God doesn't "reveal" non truth.

17. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

That's about as much as I thought I would get. If you desire to send me some money to pay the bills I would be more than happy to have more children, but until that happens we have as many as we can afford at this point.

18. mojoala

mojoala New Member

I would suggest you look at the original tenets of the Baptist Denomination founded by John Smyth. Contraception was a sin. Baptists were wrong about Contraception from 1609 to 1965? New Revelation? Or just Satan plying his trade?

19. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

But I thought you said this was direct revelation from God to you? :confused:
    Do you have real Scriptural proof of this?
    Are baptists infallible? Are baptists omniscient?
    ...or the "lightbulb comin on" to the truth of Scripture?:smilewinkgrin:

20. mojoala

mojoala New Member

Where did I say direct revelation from God?

5. Onan is killed by God for practicing contraception (in this case, withdrawal) and spilling his semen on the ground. Contraception is a detestable thing:

Gen. 38:8-10 –8 And Judah said unto Onan, Go in unto thy brother's wife, and marry her, and raise up seed to thy brother. 9 And Onan knew that the seed should not be his; and it came to pass, when he went in unto his brother's wife, that he spilled it on the ground, lest that he should give seed to his brother.
    10 And the thing which he did displeased the LORD: wherefore he slew him also.

But if you had actually read the post you would have caught it.
    And does the Bible neccessary say the word "Contraception"? If so then the Bible must say the word Trinity as well for that to be valid doctrine. Or the word "Rapture" for those that believe such nonsense.

But if you read the entire post you would see, but since you posted so quickly, I doubt you read any of it.

I don't know. Baptists believed it was sin for 360 years and now they don't. You tell me. They sure seemed assured of this belief but don't now.

Or maybe Satan showing them a better way