1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Convention tapes?

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by logos2, Aug 13, 2002.

1. logos2

logos2 New Member

I was given a tape of a sermon from a past convention, from context of tape in the late 1980's. Is there a place to obtain these tapes from past conventions?

2. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Which convention?

3. logos2

logos2 New Member

Any one you have info on. I just want to purchace some older sermon tapes. I do no have a lot of money to spend on tapes and I thought convention tapes would help protect what investment I am able to make.

4. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Are you talking about the Southern Baptist Convention?

5. logos2

logos2 New Member

The SBC but as I indicated in other post all I am looking for are sound sermons. I drive a hour each way to and from work. I cannot find 40 hours of sermons a month or afford what the church's who have tapes of their service charge. I would return anyones tapes who would let me listen to them or buy used tapes. The times that I drive there is nothing on the Christian Station and if a pastor will not sell a tape for a fair price I would surly not record it when it is on and listen later as that would seem to be stealing.

6. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Check out Alistair Begg at www.truthforlife.org

My sermons are available on tape. I can send you one and you can tell me if you want others.

7. Grasshopper

Grasshopper Active Member
    Site Supporter

8. logos2

logos2 New Member

Thanks,
    I will check out tapes. I do not understand downloads or how to do them. Besides if he sells them I would be uncomfortable about getting them and not paying; I do not understand somethings clearly and if I do not know for sure I let them be.
    May God Bless

9. Grasshopper

Grasshopper Active Member
    Site Supporter

If you have Real Player you can listen to them on your computer, then buy the ones ou like. Just click on the sermon then click on " hear on real audio".