1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Convicted Heavy Metal ‘Christian’ Singer Admits Being Atheist, Duped Fans to Sell Mus

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Jul 18, 2014.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A so-called Christian heavy metal band whose frontman was convicted of attempting to hire a hitman to murder his estranged wife has admitted that it duped fans into believing that they were Christian in order to sell their music.

“Truthfully, I was an atheist,” Tim Lambesis, the lead singer and founder of As I Lay Dying told the Alternative Press in a recent interview. “I actually wasn’t the first guy in As I Lay Dying to stop being a Christian. In fact, I think I was the third. The two who remained kind of stopped talking about it, and then I’m pretty sure they dropped it, too.”

The publication noted that his wife, Meggan, had likewise divulged in divorce papers that Lambesis had become an atheist. Lambesis, in admitting his atheism, outlined that he turned away from Christianity as he majored in religious studies while attending college through a long distance program.

“In the process of trying to defend my faith, I started thinking the other point of view was the stronger one,” he said.

And one sin led to another, turning his renunciation of Christ into justification for his actions.

“The first time I cheated on my wife, my interpretation of morality was now convenient for me,” Lambesis explained. “I felt less guilty if I decided, “Well, marriage isn’t a real thing, because Christianity isn’t real. God isn’t real. Therefore, marriage is just a stupid piece of paper with the government.”

http://christiannews.net/2014/06/18...dmits-being-atheist-duped-fans-to-sell-music/

2. thisnumbersdisconnected

This thought seems appropriate to Mr. Lambesis' predicament:
    Galatians 6, NASB
    7 Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, this he will also reap.
    8 For the one who sows to his own flesh will from the flesh reap corruption, but the one who sows to the Spirit will from the Spirit reap eternal life.
    Men may deceive themselves, as well as others, with their false appearances and false testimonies, but God will not be deceived, and the ultimate outcome is the same as if the man had never mentioned the name of God.

3. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I wouldn't be too surprised if there are those in discussion boards like the BB who are actually atheists, too.
    After all, we do not really know each other.

4. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What does it profit a man....

5. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Probably more common than people think. After all, it is a business.

6. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Regarding the thread subject, key word: Profit.

7. Jkdbuck76

Jkdbuck76 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Not surprised.

8. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just goes to show you how God can use the worst kind of sinner to further his Kingdom.