1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Cornelius, a Just Man Who Feared God

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Jerry Shugart, Dec 31, 2011.

1. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

mor

Yes the Truth stands, it does not matter that you do not believe it !

2. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    From Eph. 2:12

ἀπηλλοτριωμένοι

KJV = being aliens

http://www.scripture4all.org/OnlineInterlinear/Greek_Index.htm = having been estranged

Westcott & Hort GNT - Literal Translation = having-had-come-to-be-en-other-belonged-off

Would any of you say that the translations from scripture4all and Westcott and Hort imply a relationship that once existed and then was ended?

Do any of you think the following may have been that relationship?

Jer. 3:8 And I saw, when for all the causes whereby backsliding Israel committed adultery I had put her away, and given her a bill of divorce; yet her treacherous sister Judah feared not, but went and played the harlot also.

Do you think it may have been at this time that her treacherous sister Judah began calling them Uncircumcision? Literally foreskins.

3. Moriah

Moriah New Member

The Gentiles were called the ‘uncircumcised.’ Go up just one scripture, to Ephesians 2:11.

Ephesians 2:11 Therefore, remember that formerly you who are Gentiles by birth and called "uncircumcised" by those who call themselves "the circumcision" (that done in the body by the hands of men)--

Keep in mind that there is a circumcision of the flesh, and a circumcision of the heart.

As a side note, I think it could be a device to keep people from the truth, when one gets into comparing Greek and Hebrew definitions with the English already translated in the Bible.

4. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually they were called Uncircumcision not the uncircumcised which I believe to be two different words.

I believe Paul is saying the circumcised (that done by the hands of men, who had not had their hearts circumcised) were calling a group of people Uncircumcision (literally foreskins, that part castaway) because God had given them a bill of divorce making them, aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world: ---This would be that fold of sheep known as the house of Israel.

You are correct neither fold had their hearts circumcised and in Jeremiah 4:4 God warned Judah: "Circumcise yourselves to the LORD, and take away the foreskins of your heart, ye men of Judah and inhabitants of Jerusalem: lest my fury come forth like fire, and burn that none can quench [it], because of the evil of your doings."

Do you think they may have been calling their brothers, "foreskins"?

5. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

The Genties were Heirs of Promise of the Gospel, that was the Mystery that was unknown. Eph 3:4-6

4Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)

5Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;

6That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

What can be more plainer ?

When God spoke to Abraham in Gen 12:1-3, He was then promsing Gentie Salvation Gal 3:8

8And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.

6. Moriah

Moriah New Member

The Gentiles were EXCLUDED until God included them, and this was shown in Peter’s vision. You deny the scriptures that say Gentiles were excluded. Gentiles could fear God while they were still excluded. I gave you scriptures you give denial.

#66 Moriah, Jan 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2012
  7. Moriah

Moriah New Member

I gave you scripture saying, "uncircumcised." There is no difference in the meaning of the words.

In Ephesians, Paul was talking about the 'uncircumcised' (Gentiles), and the 'circumcised'(Jews). Gentiles did not follow the law of circumcision, only the Jews had circumcision.

They were not calling their brothers "foreskins." God is talking about their hearts.

8. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

No they where not. Their inclusion was a mystery, not known ! Gentiles are Children of Promise just like some jews were Gal 3:29

29And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Gentiles were Abraham's Seed ! He was their Father back in Gen 17:5

5Neither shall thy name any more be called Abram, but thy name shall be Abraham; for a father of many nations have I made thee.

You do not know the bible !

9. Moriah

Moriah New Member

You are a liar.

Ephesians 2:12 Therefore, remember that formerly you who are Gentiles by birth and called "uncircumcised" by those who call themselves "the circumcision" (that done in the body by the hands of men)--

Ephesians 2:11 remember that at that time you were separate from Christ, excluded from citizenship in Israel and foreigners to the covenants of the promise, without hope and without God in the world.

#69 Moriah, Jan 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2012
  10. Moriah

Moriah New Member

Peter explains to the Jews why he went into a house of a Gentile (Cornelius' house).

Acts 11:1-18 The apostles and the brothers throughout Judea heard that the Gentiles also had received the word of God. So when Peter went up to Jerusalem, the circumcised believers criticized him and said, "You went into the house of uncircumcised men and ate with them."

Acts 10:28 He said to them: "You are well aware that it is against our law for a Jew to associate with a Gentile or visit him. But God has shown me that I should not call any man impure or unclean.

John 4:9 The Samaritan woman said to him, "You are a Jew and I am a Samaritan woman. How can you ask me for a drink?" (For Jews do not associate with Samaritans.)

John 18:28 Then the Jews led Jesus from Caiaphas to the palace of the Roman governor. By now it was early morning, and to avoid ceremonial uncleanness the Jews did not enter the palace; they wanted to be able to eat the Passover.

11. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    :thumbs:
    :thumbs::thumbs:

12. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    she cannot welcome truth yet:thumbs::thumbs:

13. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

mor

You cannot receive the Truth !

14. Moriah

Moriah New Member

Are you sticking to your lie that Gentiles were NOT excluded before Jesus' shed blood? Are you that deceitful, to claim that before Jesus, uncircumcised Gentiles were included in the worship of God?

15. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

You see what I have posted, it's not going anywhere, and you are going to be held accountable for the Truth I have witnessed to, and you have ignored and rejected !

16. Moriah

Moriah New Member

Even though the scriptures are simple and plain, iconoclast and Sbm will still deny them. Gentiles were not circumcised, they were separate from Christ, excluded from citizenship in Israel and foreigners to the covenants of the promise, without hope and without God in the world. See Ephesians 2:12.

Genesis 17:10
    This is my covenant with you and your descendants after you, the covenant you are to keep: Every male among you shall be circumcised.

Genesis 17:12
    For the generations to come every male among you who is eight days old must be circumcised, including those born in your household or bought with money from a foreigner—those who are not your offspring.

Genesis 17:13
    Whether born in your household or bought with your money, they must be circumcised. My covenant in your flesh is to be an everlasting covenant.

Genesis 17:14Any uncircumcised male, who has not been circumcised in the flesh, will be cut off from his people; he has broken my covenant.”

Exodus 12:43-45 The LORD said to Moses and Aaron, “These are the regulations for the Passover:
    “No foreigner is to eat of it. 44 Any slave you have bought may eat of it after you have circumcised him, 45 but a temporary resident and a hired worker may not eat of it.
    “An alien living among you who wants to celebrate the LORD’s Passover must have all the males in his household circumcised; then he may take part like one born in the land. No uncircumcised male may eat of it. 49 The same law applies to the native-born and to the alien living among you.”

Deuteronomy 10:15 Yet the LORD set his affection on your forefathers and loved them, and he chose you, their descendants, above all the nations, as it is today.

Ezekiel 44:6-9 Say to the rebellious house of Israel, ‘This is what the Sovereign LORD says: Enough of your detestable practices, O house of Israel! 7 In addition to all your other detestable practices, you brought foreigners uncircumcised in heart and flesh into my sanctuary, desecrating my temple while you offered me food, fat and blood, and you broke my covenant. 8 Instead of carrying out your duty in regard to my holy things, you put others in charge of my sanctuary. 9 This is what the Sovereign LORD says: No foreigner uncircumcised in heart and flesh is to enter my sanctuary, not even the foreigners who live among the Israelites.

Numbers 15:13-16 “‘Everyone who is native-born must do these things in this way when he brings an offering made by fire as an aroma pleasing to the LORD. 14 For the generations to come, whenever an alien or anyone else living among you presents an offering made by fire as an aroma pleasing to the LORD, he must do exactly as you do. 15 The community is to have the same rules for you and for the alien living among you; this is a lasting ordinance for the generations to come. You and the alien shall be the same before the LORD: 16 The same laws and regulations will apply both to you and to the alien living among you.’”

Deuteronomy 14:21 Do not eat anything you find already dead. You may give it to an alien living in any of your towns, and he may eat it, or you may sell it to a foreigner. But you are a people holy to the LORD your God.
    Do not cook a young goat in its mother’s milk.

Isaiah 52:1 Awake, awake, Zion, clothe yourself with strength! Put on your garments of splendor, Jerusalem, the holy city. The uncircumcised and defiled will not enter you again.

17. Moriah

Moriah New Member

You are a joke.

18. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    She looks at verses like this...and yet is void of understanding;

This is a reality now....in the Kingdom...

She judges and attacks true believers...bearing false witness.....very ungodly.

#78 Iconoclast, Jan 18, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2012
  19. Moriah

Moriah New Member

You just described Sbm and yourself, and proved you are a hypocrite, among other things. You judged me here, yet call me ungodly when I point out what you do! You just gave an example of what a hypocrite is.

In addition, it is already in print, you have ADMITTED to beliefs that are NOT in the Bible.

#79 Moriah, Jan 19, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2012
  20. billwald

billwald New Member

What does being permitted to worship in the Temple have to do with God's election and regeneration?

Is every person with a crushed testicle going to Hell?