1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Cornelius, a Just Man Who Feared God

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Jerry Shugart, Dec 31, 2011.

1. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Cornelius was a Justified , Righteous man before he heard the Gospel and Believed ! Acts 10:22

22And they said, Cornelius the centurion, a just man, and one that feareth God, and of good report among all the nation of the Jews, was warned from God by an holy angel to send for thee into his house, and to hear words of thee.

That word Just is the greek word

righteous, observing divine laws

a) in a wide sense, upright, righteous, virtuous, keeping the commands of God

1) of those who seem to themselves to be righteous, who pride themselves to be righteous, who pride themselves in their virtues, whether real or imagined

2) innocent, faultless, guiltless

3) used of him whose way of thinking, feeling, and acting is wholly conformed to the will of God, and who therefore needs no rectification in the heart or life

a) only Christ truly

Here are some Truthes about the Just Prov 3:33

The curse of the LORD is in the house of the wicked: but he blesseth the habitation of the just.

Did not The LORD bless the habitation of Cornelius ?

Prov 4:18

But the path of the just is as the shining light, that shineth more and more unto the perfect day.

Prov 10:6

Blessings are upon the head of the just

Hab 2:4

Behold, his soul which is lifted up is not upright in him: but the just shall live by his faith.

Cornelius sins were already forgiven before he heard the Gospel, he was already accepted of God !

This lets us know that those who believe the Gospel are already Justified before they believe..

2. Moriah

Moriah New Member

According to that statement, why did Jesus come to earth?

3. Moriah

Moriah New Member

Why do you keep denying God’s Word? Why do you keep going against God’s Word? Cornelius was a Gentile. Cornelius was not circumcised. Cornelius was a FOREINER and a STRANGER, he was EXCLUDED from CITIZENSHIP in ISRAEL. See Ephesians 2:12.

READ THESE SCRIPTURES!

Genesis 17:10
    This is my covenant with you and your descendants after you, the covenant you are to keep: Every male among you shall be circumcised.

Genesis 17:12
    For the generations to come every male among you who is eight days old must be circumcised, including those born in your household or bought with money from a foreigner—those who are not your offspring.
    Genesis 17:13
    Whether born in your household or bought with your money, they must be circumcised. My covenant in your flesh is to be an everlasting covenant.
    Genesis 17:14
    Any uncircumcised male, who has not been circumcised in the flesh, will be cut off from his people; he has broken my covenant.”

Exodus 12:43-45 The LORD said to Moses and Aaron, “These are the regulations for the Passover:
    ***“No foreigner is to eat of it. 44 Any slave you have bought may eat of it after you have circumcised him, 45 but a temporary resident and a hired worker may not eat of it.
    “An alien living among you who wants to celebrate the LORD’s Passover must have all the males in his household circumcised; then he may take part like one born in the land. No uncircumcised male may eat of it. 49 The same law applies to the native-born and to the alien living among you.”
    Deuteronomy 10:15 Yet the LORD set his affection on your forefathers and loved them, and he chose you, their descendants, above all the nations, as it is today.
    Ezekiel 44:6-9 Say to the rebellious house of Israel, ‘This is what the Sovereign LORD says: Enough of your detestable practices, O house of Israel! 7 In addition to all your other detestable practices, you brought foreigners uncircumcised in heart and flesh into my sanctuary, desecrating my temple while you offered me food, fat and blood, and you broke my covenant. 8 Instead of carrying out your duty in regard to my holy things, you put others in charge of my sanctuary. 9 This is what the Sovereign LORD says: No foreigner uncircumcised in heart and flesh is to enter my sanctuary, not even the foreigners who live among the Israelites.
    Numbers 15:13-16 “‘Everyone who is native-born must do these things in this way when he brings an offering made by fire as an aroma pleasing to the LORD. 14 For the generations to come, whenever an alien or anyone else living among you presents an offering made by fire as an aroma pleasing to the LORD, he must do exactly as you do. 15 The community is to have the same rules for you and for the alien living among you; this is a lasting ordinance for the generations to come. You and the alien shall be the same before the LORD: 16 The same laws and regulations will apply both to you and to the alien living among you.’”
    Deuteronomy 14:21 Do not eat anything you find already dead. You may give it to an alien living in any of your towns, and he may eat it, or you may sell it to a foreigner. But you are a people holy to the LORD your God.
    ***Do not cook a young goat in its mother’s milk.
    Isaiah 52:1
    Awake, awake, Zion, clothe yourself with strength! Put on your garments of splendor, Jerusalem, the holy city. The uncircumcised and defiled will not enter you again.

THE UNCIRCUMCISED IN FLESH WERE ALIENS, FOREIGNERS, STRANGERS, EXCLUDED FROM CITIZENSHIP.

Why do you keep denying God’s Word? Why do you keep going against God’s Word? Cornelius was a Gentile. Cornelius was not circumcised. Cornelius was a FOREINER and a STRANGER, he was EXCLUDED from CITIZENSHIP in ISRAEL.

#83 Moriah, Jan 23, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2012
  4. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Denying the Truth !

wrong post

#84 savedbymercy, Jan 23, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2012
  5. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Rejecting God's Truth !

The scripture plainly says that Cornelius was a Righteous Man ! Acts 10:22

22And they said, Cornelius the centurion, a just man, and one that feareth God, and of good report among all the nation of the Jews, was warned from God by an holy angel to send for thee into his house, and to hear words of thee.

That word Just is the same word used when Paul describes the results of the obedience of Christ for those He died for, they shall be made righteous Rom 5:19

19For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous or Just.

Cornelius was already made righteos by the obedience of Christ before he heard the Gospel ! Now if you do not believe that,m you do not believe the Truth of scripture !

6. Moriah

Moriah New Member

We are not saved before we are saved. No matter how many times you try to force that false belief on those you come to. Cornelius had to hear the message that saves. You will stay in the snare the devil caught you with to do his work, if you do not stop believing the lie of men like John Calvin.

Answer these questions with no more than one sentence, and make your one sentence answer scriptural. Note: I know the answers to these questions.

1.Why is it called the message that saves if they are saved before they hear it?

2.If we are already saved, then why does God want us to repent before we perish?

3.What happened to the saints in the Old Testament who were dead before Jesus’ ministry on earth?

7. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

mor

I am speaking of Cornelius, and yes he was Justified before God before he heard the Gospel Acts 10:22.

Also he was cleansed by the Blood Of Christ, thats the purport of Christ's words to Peter here Acts 10:15

15And the voice spake unto him again the second time, What God hath cleansed, that call not thou common.

Your babbling will not change that fact !

8. Moriah

Moriah New Member

Acts 11:14 He will bring you a message through which you and all your household will be saved.'

9. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Thats True. However you deny that scripture states that cornelius was a Justified Man before he heard the Gospel, and that He was cleansed altready by the God. Acts 10:15,22

15And the voice spake unto him again the second time, What God hath cleansed, that call not thou common.

Until you admit the Truth of scripture, you show no rational to understand scripture.

10. Moriah

Moriah New Member

Cornelius wanted to obey God before he was saved.

If Calvinists admit that Cornelius wanted to please God BEFORE he was saved, it then destroys their Calvinist beliefs, it destroys their Calvinist beliefs because Cornelius wanted to please God. Calvinists believe no one can even want to do good before they are saved.

Calvinists are now forced to admit people ARE capable of doing good before they become a Christian. Calvinists must now claim they can do good before they are a Christian because they say they were really saved before the creation of the world.

Calvinists, stop adding and changing your beliefs as you go along. Repent of following manufactured beliefs, repent and grow in the Lord.

Humans can believe in God after learning of God. Humans have a choice to follow Jesus or reject him. Humans can do good things that God tells them to do, but they cannot stop sinning, not without Jesus saving them and giving them the Holy Spirit.

Isaiah 64:5 You come to the help of those who gladly do right, who remember your ways. But when we continued to sin against them, you were angry. How then can we be saved?

11. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

mor

Cornelius was obeying God before he heard the gospel. He was doing righteous, peter acknowledged that Acts 10:34-35

34Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons:

35But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him.

We know that Cornelius was fearing God way back up in vs 2 Acts 10:1-2

1There was a certain man in Caesarea called Cornelius, a centurion of the band called the Italian band,

2A devout man, and one that feared God with all his house, which gave much alms to the people, and prayed to God alway.

And worketh righteousness ! Now scripture says this about those doing righteousness 1 Jn 3:7

7Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.

That word righteous here in 1 Jn 3:7 is the very same word that scripture says Corneilus was here before he heard the gospel Acts 10:22

Also 1 Jn 2:29

If ye know that he is righteous, ye know that every one that doeth righteousness is born of him.

Cornelius was already born of God, since he feared God and worketh righteousness already before peter preached the Gospel to him.

I have given you enough scripture to show you your error and just how far you are from the Truth, I have nothing else to say to you about it, unless you begin to acknowledge the Truth which has been brought to your view !

12. Moriah

Moriah New Member

Therefore, you discount the word of God that says it is the message that saves!

You cannot shame me, not when you discount God’s word. God said it was the message that saves!

13. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

No, a message does not save, a Person saves, His Name is Jesus Christ, the message is the announcement of the good news of ones salvation by that Person who saves..

Since you reject all the scriptural evidence regarding Cornelius, I have nothing else to say to you about it..

14. Moriah

Moriah New Member

It is not about you going against me--- You are going against the Word of God.

Acts 10:14 How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them?

John 9:36 "Who is he, sir?" the man asked. "Tell me so that I may believe in him."

Acts 8:31 "How can I," he said, "unless someone explains it to me?" So he invited Philip to come up and sit with him.

Ephesians 4:21 Surely you heard of him and were taught in him in accordance with the truth that is in Jesus.

Titus 1:3 and at his appointed season he brought his word to light through the preaching entrusted to me by the command of God our Savior,

Acts 11:14 He will bring you a message through which you and all your household will be saved.'

Acts 16:31 They replied, "Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved--you and your household."

Colossians 1:5 the faith and love that spring from the hope that is stored up for you in heaven and that you have already heard about in the word of truth, the gospel

Ephesians 1:13 And you also were included in Christ when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation. Having believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit,

Colossians 1:23 if you continue in your faith, established and firm, not moved from the hope held out in the gospel. This is the gospel that you heard and that has been proclaimed to every creature under heaven, and of which I, Paul, have become a servant.

#94 Moriah, Jan 25, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2012
  15. Moriah

Moriah New Member

Here are more scriptures explaining we have to HEAR the message that saves. Remember, Calvinist SBM says we do not have to hear the message, and that we are saved already before we hear the gospel.

Romans 16:25-27 Now to him who is able to establish you by my gospel and the proclamation of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery hidden for long ages past, 26but now revealed and made known through the prophetic writings by the command of the eternal God, so that all nations might believe and obey him— 27to the only wise God be glory forever through Jesus Christ! Amen.

John 20:30-31 Jesus did many other miraculous signs in the presence of his disciples, which are not recorded in this book. But these are written that you may believethat Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name.

2 Thessalonians 2:15 So then, brothers, stand firm and hold to the teachings we passed on to you, whether by word of mouth or by letter.

#95 Moriah, Jan 25, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2012