1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Corruptions of the NKJV

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by Jordan Kurecki, Jan 1, 2014.

1. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you deny that the KJV did not rightly translate what the Apostles meant by "Our great God and saviour Jesus?"

That the proper and correct way is to see them describing SAME person, NOT 2 seperate persons?

2. Phillip3

Phillip3 New Member

KJV and NKJV comparisons

Comparing the KJV to other translations is not a good way to determine if a Bible translation is in error.

YOU MUST go to the underlying Greek or Hebrew text. Most differences are in the way the translator attempts to express the actual meaning of that text in MODERN English.

The Oxford or Cambridge KJV may be in error itself. Modern scholars have learned much since the early KJV's were translated and English has also changed.

That is unless you believe the KJV is "inspired". :laugh:

See my first post in the thread "Lucifer" for one such error of comparing translations. :thumbs:

3. Phillip3

Phillip3 New Member

Hebrew

Roby please understand that the underlying Hebrew confirms these errors in the NKJV.

Your arguments are based on history and NOT what the underlying literal translations of the text.

These are real mistakes in the NKJV and hopefully they will be corrected in a later edition.

We must understand that ALL translations are open to error and we need to make these errors public.

I would rather see comparisons with the actual Hebrew meanings of the words. This is ;where a good interlinear Hebrew/English and Greek/English can help if you cannot read the original languages.

Let's NOT argue from ignorance. :saint:

Again, see my first post in the thread "Lucifer" for an error in the KJV. :thumbs:

4. Phillip3

Phillip3 New Member

KJV NKJV comparisons

Note to admin. I tried to post this once and it is not posting. If this results in a duplicate post I am sorry.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comparing the KJV to other translations is not a good way to determine if a Bible translation is in error.

YOU MUST go to the underlying Greek or Hebrew text. Most differences are in the way the translator attempts to express the actual meaning of that text in MODERN English.

The Oxford or Cambridge KJV may be in error itself. Modern scholars have learned much since the early KJV's were translated and English has also changed.

That is unless you believe the KJV is "inspired".

See my first post in the thread "Lucifer" for one such error of comparing translations.

Roby please understand that the underlying Hebrew confirms these errors in the NKJV.

Your arguments are based on history and NOT what the underlying literal translations of the text.

These are real mistakes in the NKJV and hopefully they will be corrected in a later edition.

We must understand that ALL translations are open to error and we need to make these errors public.

I would rather see comparisons with the actual Hebrew meanings of the words. This is ;where a good interlinear Hebrew/English and Greek/English can help if you cannot read the original languages.

Let's NOT argue from ignorance.

Again, see my first post in the thread "Lucifer" for an error in the KJV.

5. Phillip3

Phillip3 New Member

For admins. or moderators only

I posted two times to this thread using the "Post Reply" button and both times when I hit "Submit Reply" the page came up with a page with the top existing reply from the thread and my reply below it. It is NOT posting in the main thread. I know that the post was accepted because it shows that I posted last. Is there a feature to reply to an individual post and if so where do you view those?

Either the latest version of IE under the new Windows 8.1 update (which I just installed) has changed the way it responds with the bbs

Or something about the board has changed since I used it about a year ago and I need some help on what has changed and I need help learning how to post correctly.:godisgood:

I am now trying Firefox and if it posts to the main thread I will know that it is Explorer.

One other issue I was trying to private message another person and I send him a message three times including in firefox and it doesn't appear in my Sent messages" box.

I am trying to contact an administrator by private messaging me so that I can get an administrator to get back an old password for my earlier user name "Phillip". If you are a moderator or administrator PM me with an e-mail address where I can contact an admin. of the board. For the life of me I cannot find a contact place to contact the board and if my PM's are not going out there is a problem.

FYI I used to be a moderator on this subject. Plus if anybody else sees this and knows an admin. private message them and tell them my problems. Because I don't think my PM's can get to them. THANK YOU AND sorry for the public request for help.

6. Phillip3

Phillip3 New Member

Duuuhhhhhh am i stupid

Okay its been a long, hard year since I have used any bulletin board. For some stupid reason I thought it posted last reply at the top not the end of the last page. :saint: :tonofbricks:

All I need now is a contact for the board administration private mailed to me by anybody who knows preferably email..

Also, shouldn't I be seeing sent messages in my "Sent Message" folder? That is the reason I don't think my PM's are getting out.

AND TO THINK I WAS A MODERATOR HERE..... sorry for the double posts and long winded complaining. :saint:

7. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree.

Again, I agree.

ALL KJV editions contain the same goofs, such as "Easter: in Acts 12:4.

I don't believe it's any more or any less-inspired than any other valid translation in any language.

I did. Our internet acquaintance Will Kinney has written pages & pages of such comparisons. I have shown him more than once that the KJV often has the poorer rendering when compared to a newer translation.

The Hebrew word 'qirah'(against, opposing) does NOT appear before "Assyria" in 2 Kings 23:29, while it DOES appear after "Josiah" in the same verse, so a local rabbi tells me.

I agree. However, all translations are the product of God's perfect word handled by imperfect men; therefore they're subject to human error. Now, while there are such booboos in the NKJV, 2 kings 23:29 is not one of them. Now, for years I've heard that this verse is wrong in the KJV from people who know history & know Necho II was going to Assyria's aid at Carchemish. But this is no "doctrine-changer". The end result of the events is that Josiah was slain & Egypt took control of Judah. In fact, this was the end of Judah's independence until their modern state was founded in 1948. (BTW, I was born a month before that event.)

I appreciate your post, and I readily admit to some goofs in the NKJV, but according to that rabbi, the "Necho/Assyrian thingie" is not one of them.

8. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree with your posting here on the validity, or lack of concerning the Kjv and English translations and Greek/Hebrew, as need to get back to the original languages to check and confirm all things...

Still cannot understand though how a KJVO can claim either the TR or Kjv are perfect texts, when many of them deny the originals were fully inerrant, or else they keep saying we never saw them, have no idea what they said, so how can them claim their texts are superior, closest to originals?