1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Cost to operate a Chevy Volt

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by mandym, Mar 2, 2012.

1. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Several have answered exactly as I would have...essentially when we, the taxpayers, are cajoled into paying for a car through tax rebates (you get like $5,000 from the government for buying one) and taking tax money and funding the company, specifically the department that makes these hunks of junk, we believe we have been "forced" to purchasing the vehicle (in the national sense.)

Yet I go to local Chevy dealership and they can't sell them (primarily sticker price...I mean who really wants to pay $40k for something that looks like a $20k Ford Tarus or Chevy Malibu) and they are pretty useless below the Mason Dixon line (a geographical distinctive that indicates the South) since the weather eats up the battery.

Just doesn't make sense to me. Hope that helps. :)

2. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  3. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

Back in the early 1990s I had a Geo Metro. Low 40 mpgs in town and about 60 highway. Better than the hybrids I've been seeing (though the Geo was little more than a golf cart with a 5 speed).

4. billwald

billwald New Member

When I bought my Metro I was driving 100 miles a day in a 25 year old Chev 350 P/U. I saw a write up on the Metro one afternoon and bought one the next day, only vehicle i have bought on credit. The payments were less than what I was paying for gas.

5. glfredrick

glfredrick New Member

I need one today -- or a VW turbo diesel -- my daily commute is 82 miles and on days I am at the church I get to tack on an additional 40 miles.

6. David Lamb

David Lamb Active Member

Thanks to all who answered my question about US tax payers and this car. I should have given the matter a bit more thought, and realised what was meant, particularly in view of the UK government's "bail-out" of RBS (Royal Bank of Scotland) which never seens far from the headlines! Thanks again!