1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Costas steps in it again

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by thisnumbersdisconnected, Oct 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thisnumbersdisconnected

Never, ever, ever will they change the name.

2. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

They really are still one of the premier teams in the league. You obviously don't have to win super bowls to be amongst the premier teams.

Dallas ain't won nothing in like forever. They are still the top valued team in the league because fans love them. The team is worth 2.3 billion and took in 539 million in revenue vs 250 million in operating income last year.

#2 on the list, the New England Patriots.

#3 ? You guessed it. None other than my co-favorite team with the Cowboys: The Washington Redskins.

They are worth about 1.7 billion,and took in 381 million in revenue vs 104 million in operating income last year. That's 277 million in profit.

If it starts to damage the organization's brand and the NFL's brand, they'll quickly change the name.

3. thisnumbersdisconnected

Ask me why I'm not amazed you equate "premier" with $$$. Really. This explains everything you say on the board.

To clarify for your shortcomings in understanding what makes a team "premier," the Cowboys may not have "won nothing in like forever," but at least they haven't lost to the Seattle Seahawks three out of their last four playoff appearances, and two of those were before Seattle was actually any good. The 'Boys been in eight Super Bowls, to Washington's five, winning four to Washington's three, and Washington hasn't even made an appearance since 1991. New England has made seven appearances, six of them since Washington's last, and won three in four seasons from 2001-04, despite not having the "storied history" of the Redskins.

Stick to politics, Zaac. Your lack of knowledge is still highly evident, but not as embarrassing.

And how could your "co-favorite" team be one with such an "offensive" name? And how can someone who hates corporations and big-business success equate $$$ with premier status in the NFL? Really???

#23 thisnumbersdisconnected, Oct 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2013
  4. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Ask me why you shouldn't be amazed that I equate your constant assumptions with stark stupidity?:smilewinkgrin: I suppose that explains EVERYTHING you say on and off the board.

I didn't say anywhere that $$$ = premier. But the premier teams all have lots of it and a well established fanbase that doesn't lessen by much, win or lose.

5. thisnumbersdisconnected

Really?

How is it, then, that the only "evidence" you posted to support their "premier" status had to do with team worth?

You're a mystery wrapped in an enigma surrounded by a riddle. Totally inconsistent.

6. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    AS has been said elsewhere the word "Washington" is more offensive than Redskins. Maybe they should change that.

7. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Yes really.

Real easy. I wanted to list the most valuable NFL teams as evidence and nothing else. See how that works?

Awww. I'm so sorry that I don't measure up to your level of anger about everything.

I hope this clicks for you if you haven't gotten it yet: I'm not trying to prove anything to you or anyone. So don't expect the dissertation with footnotes and endnotes when I say something.

8. thisnumbersdisconnected

And yet, as pointed out, that's not the measure of "premier." None of which has to do with the subject at hand, namely, the team will never be renamed. Epic fail on your part.

#28 thisnumbersdisconnected, Oct 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2013
  9. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Now THAT I agree with.[​IMG]

10. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

And yet as pointed out, I never said it was the measure of premier so what's your gripe? Oh yeah, you once again act as though I said something and then proceed to shoot it down when no such thing was said.

You are consistent.

The epic fail is on your part for thinking that the team is beyond being renamed. If it starts costing enough loss in revenues, they'll change that name quicker than you can burrow your brow at Barack Obama STILL being your President! [​IMG]

11. thisnumbersdisconnected

You didn't have to. Your choice of "proof" said it for you.

12. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  13. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

And so we arrive back again at you making up something that wasn't said as though it was said so that you can argue against it. Strange.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.