1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Could America fall to a Military Coup?

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by righteousdude2, Oct 15, 2014.

1. gigabyte71

gigabyte71 Member

I don't think you understand what a military coup is. The coup happened a long time ago, but it wasn't a military coup. What you are referring to is martial law, and the preparations for that have been happening for several years. It won't be the military though, as Posse Comitatus makes it more difficult to use the military for it, but I wouldn't rule them out. It is being done through Law Enforcement. I'm sure most of the people on here will just think that is all conspiracy, but I say it is opening of the eyes and a realistic view of what is going on.

2. Judith

Judith Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I understand the difference, but I believe the military will be used and since we, unlike any other nation, are called a government of the people, by the people, and for the people, it will be a coup against the people.

3. gigabyte71

gigabyte71 Member

Then that isn't a military coup. In order for it to be a coup, they would have to overthrow the federal government. Otherwise, it is martial law.

And from all you said, I am surprised you actually believe we have a government that is of the people, by the people, and for the people. Corporate and special interest groups are the ones that effect legislation, not the will of the people. It is a farce that the people we elect are there to serve us, they only serve themselves. They have little fear of being voted out, as people will continue to vote for them, regardless of what they do.

4. Use of Time

Use of Time Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I love how people think that the military is nothing but a bunch of mindless faceless drones. You know these are actually people that live in our community alongside us on a daily basis and live pretty normal lives with their families, they also go to church and handle their day to day business just like anyone else. If you think the military is just itching to crack down and enforce martial law on it's own citizens then I would say you need to get a dose of reality.

#24 Use of Time, Oct 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2014
  5. gigabyte71

gigabyte71 Member

Do you not know that they have used the army on citizens in the past?

Bonus Army
    http://www.loc.gov/exhibits/treasures/trm203.html

Then there was Katrina...

But if you want to ignore facts, go right ahead, that is what most prefer to do.

6. Sapper Woody

Sapper Woody Well-Known Member

This thread is filled with misinformation and far right wing spin. Some of what has been said is insulting, even. And yes, some have shown ignorance. I say we stop posting on this thread. It's beyond repair.

7. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ok, you cited poor judgment in riot control almost a century ago and the ill prepared and unfocused use of National Guardsman during Katrina. That is a far cry from government take over and martial law. Give me a break.

8. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  9. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Excellent post, Lewis! I think that they basically hate the West but they really don't want to live in the third world or under Putin, a gestapo chief.

10. gigabyte71

gigabyte71 Member

And then more recently, there was Boston and Ferguson. Wonder how many of the Japanese thought they would be put in 'Camps' in America during WWII.

These are actual incidents, not conspiracies.

11. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    World War II was deplorable. Ferguson and Boston was not military. It was police doing crowd control poorly. I know the enhanced equipment was big and scary too you and I'm not really a big fan of some of the stuff they have but none of the scenarios were even close to martial law. It was a reaction to an incident and then they went away when the situation did. I don't know what was so awful about Boston to you. There was a guy on a rampage through the city after he killed another police officer and engaged them in a crazy fire fight. That was a manhunt pure and simple.

12. gigabyte71

gigabyte71 Member

You probably support no knock warrants and 'show me your papers' road stops. And Boston wasn't simply a manhunt. How often do they lock down a city to find a single man?

13. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't think you have any right putting words in my mouth just becuase you are running out of false equivalencies.

They don't often lock down cities for a single man because a single man doesn't often plant explosives in a high traffic area murdering 8 people and starting firefights in the streets. You probably want to grab that guy while the trail is hot and keep people out of the way of his rampage as best as you possibly can. It didn't take long for the situation to resolve and return to normal. That isn't martial law. There was nobody seeking the power to rule in any of these scenarios.

14. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ...and there it is. Anyone that does not believe in my wild accusations is an <gasp> Obama supporter. Duh-Da-DUH!!!

15. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's even more farcical when you think about local police taking orders from Washington DC to incarcerate their friends and neighbors they've known all their lives.

16. gigabyte71

gigabyte71 Member

You are the one putting words in my mouth. I never said a single one of these instances were martial law. If you actually read my first post, I said that martial law would likely not be done through the military, but through law enforcement. They have been preparing them to do such things, because Posse Comitatus would make it difficult to use the military.

I stated events because others believe that it is not even possible for this to happen, that it is out of the realm of possibility.

17. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The bad news is that this could be posted in likely more than 50% of the threads in the News/Politics forums.

The good news is: Hey, I found my new sig!

18. gigabyte71

gigabyte71 Member

Why is it that so many police officers don't work in the areas they live in?

19. Sapper Woody

Sapper Woody Well-Known Member

Lol, glad I could help out!

20. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is out of the realm of possibility, at least on a national level. There might be some local police departments that would follow orders from Washington DC, but not many, certainly nowhere near enough to enforce martial law.

Martial law on such a large scale would need to be carried out by the National Guard. The National Guard are controlled by each state's governor. Not every governor is going to follow Obama's wishes.