1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Could the "National I.D." be (or become later) the Mark of the Beast?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by tamborine lady, Jan 6, 2007.

1. mnw

mnw New Member

It has to happen step by step, a little at a time.

Once upon a time in a land far away credit cards were once rejected! They wanted their old hard cash. But, over time it becomes accepted.

Now I think we accept new things more readily, and accept more restrictions every time a major disaster strikes.

The plan to bring about this technology into our every day life is carefully orchastrated and serving a purpose and heading toward a goal.

2. music4Him

music4Him New Member

Gen 3:1 Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?
    Gen 3:2 And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden:
    Gen 3:3 But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die.
    Gen 3:4 And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:
    Gen 3:5 For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.
    Gen 3:6 And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.

Wow even from the fall of man in the garden people still are falling for old slooth foot lies.

The national ID may not be the "mark" but it will help ol' slooth foots plans for his one world goverment and the mark of the beast that can very well be the verichip! Think how easy it would be for these little chips to carry all your info... DL, SS#, Credit card info, banking, medical records, marital status, plus it could also carry monitors to see if you are still breathing, heart rate, and tempreture, oh and don't forget a GPS tracking system so everyone will know where you are at at all times. No more ID theft huh? If you loose your hand in an accident it can be placed in the head...if you loose your head well it is feasable to say you are no longer able to use the device. If a child is stolen... start the GPS tracking, if a man is found in the street unconcious grab a scanner and see his vitals and medical info imediatly...what could be more convient than this. No more writing checks, remembering credit card pen numbers, and fumbeling for pocket change in the check out... just run your groceries through scaner then your hand and viola~ your done!
    There used to be an old saying, "If it sounds too good to be true.. it is". I this case be wary becase satan tempted Eve with food and she fell for it, and Esau sold his birth right for food. Just food for thought... What would you do if you got hungry enough?

Thats my two cents worth~

BTW, Amen xdisciplex! :applause: I got this picture of the puppet you described and laughed my head off!

#22 music4Him, Jan 7, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2007
  3. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

Hehe.

The only thing I ask myself is how do they want to chip the people in poor countries? I mean they don't even have the technology to do this. Why should they get chipped to buy something if they don't have money and also have nothing to buy? Why should poor people in Africa get a chip?

4. music4Him

music4Him New Member

Well they'ed (goverment) would probley say they would need to be chipped before they can get free goverment assitance, surplus food and meds, ect.

5. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

Yes, maybe.

6. tamborine lady

tamborine lady Active Member

:type:

Disciplex,

The poor people are still people and the anti-christ will want to know where EVERY person is at all times.

Remember, even poor people will revolt if they're pushed far enough!

I do agree with Music though, even for free food, they would need to get chipped.

Here in the U.S. a person would need to get chipped to get food stamps and AFDC etc.

Take a look at the website below!

Should give you cold chills.

http://www.verichipcorp.com/

Waiting and watching,

Tam

7. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

I think that whatever the "mark of the beast" is, we will not be able to imagine what it is ahead of time. So if people are thinking it's this chip, then it's definitely not the chip.

Also, as far as believers alive today, we will be raptured first and won't be around for this mark.

8. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

Why? Because otherwise it wouldn't be "spiritual" and "mysterious" enough?
    Doesn't make sense to me.

@ tamborine lady

Yes, this is scary. But the majority of the people will like it because it protects them. One day babies will get chipped the same way cows are branded.

9. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

No, because if you look at OT prophecy, they didn't realize most of what it meant. They were expecting a Messiah to come and overthrow the Romans and give them a kingdom. They didn't expect a baby in the manger, the poor Jesus rejected by his own, His message going to the Gentiles so that Gentiles could be "sons of Abraham," or his death on the cross. Yet this was all predicted in the OT, and some of it Jesus predicted. Jesus predicted his own death and resurrection to his disciples and they didn't understand until after it was over.

If it's this chip, then the rapture will happen before people are required to have the chip, and part of the requirement of the chip would be to worship the Beast who, as far as I know, has not appeared yet.

10. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

This depends on who you ask. Not everybody believes in pre-trib.

11. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The point is that if you get sidetracked on the "method of ID tracking" instead of the Worship/Sin issue that actually makes it a violation of God's Word - then you miss the point entirely.

In Christ,

Bob

12. tamborine lady

tamborine lady Active Member

:type:

Marcia,

That doesn't realy make sense about the chip not being the mark.

The bible says that we will know what it is and will have a chance to accept or reject it. If we don't know what the mark is, then how can we be sent to hell for something we wouldn't have control over?

Also Dx is right, not every body believes in the pre-trib rapture.

Which will make it a slam dunk for the anti-christ, because as long as you are here, you'll think "that's not the mark, cause we're still here. So people that think that way will take it no questions asked.

Selah,

Tam

13. mnw

mnw New Member

A question for Marcia, so prophecy is only understood once it has happened? Doesn't that kind of negate one of the whole reasons for prophecy?

Certainly, technology will keep developing, but I think the whole point is that ours is the first generation that has the ability with technology (RFID and computers) and the universal excuse (globalism, international travel, terrorism etc).

But another poster is correct, the main point is not the technology that enables it, but the "spirit" that is behind it.

14. Allan

Allan Active Member

Concerning the Mark:

No matter what it "may" be (with regard to its actual physical description) what is most important ISN"T the physical mark itself but why that mark is taken!

These people will be following an individual World/Political Leader, who's Religious leader or group (the False Prophet) will be right there herolding him as God. It is at THIS point where the mark is identified and ALL those who FOLLOW him will recieve the mark. Yes there are certain physical qualities to is that help establish absolute control world control temporarily but this is only a side issue.

I heard a preacher once say (and I agree) Long before you take the physical mark on the body, you have to have accepted it upon your heart first. Since you have chosen to follow the Beast rather than the One True and Living God - Jesus Christ.

People are so worried about accidentally getting the mark or trying to figure out what it could/will be. When the scriptures tell us quite plainly the REAL mark is their choice to follow a false god IN SPITE of the True God revealing Himself in those Judgments. They reject Christ and follow another - this is their true mark. Did Jesus not say - you will know them by their fruits!

#34 Allan, Jan 8, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2007
  15. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

amen to that! thats the problem. it says plainly right in Revelation 14 about the Mark of the Beast, that God's people are those who keep the commandments of God so it doesnt take a brain surgeon to figure out that Satan's people do not keep the commandments and that the mark of the beast has something to do with that.

but if people look past what God has plainly reveled in search of these wild explanations of prophecy they will have entirely missed the point of the prophecy. and you miss that God is warning everyone to keep the commandments before it is too late. People are unfortunately always looking for the sensational and you know what?

Lk:10:21: In that hour Jesus rejoiced in spirit, and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes: even so, Father; for so it seemed good in thy sight.

everyone wants to be some sort of a Bible Scholar when God put the issue of the commandments right there in front of our noses.

#35 Claudia_T, Jan 8, 2007
  16. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

and its like people are going.... noooooooooooooo anything but that I have to get rid of sin in my life! Here, let me come up with all manner of wild interpretations of the mark of the beast. Because I dont want it to be that Ive got to keep the commandments!

How unfortunate.... the sinful nature of man wants to be deceived.

2 Thessalonians 2:
    9: Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,
    10: And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
    11: And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
    12: That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

THAT IS THE KEY RIGHT THERE. Stop trifling with God. While you still have the light.

Jn:12:35: Then Jesus said unto them, Yet a little while is the light with you. Walk while ye have the light, lest darkness come upon you: for he that walketh in darkness knoweth not whither he goeth.

Revelation 14
    9: And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand,
    10: The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:
    11: And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.
    12: Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

doesnt take a rocket scientist here to figure out what Satan's people do if we are already told what God's people do.

#36 Claudia_T, Jan 8, 2007
  17. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Yes, I know, but you asked me. So I gave the view I lean toward. :smilewinkgrin:

18. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Prophecy shows that God knows the end from the beginning. It glorifies the Lord.

If we understood what the mark of the beast was, we would all agree on it but here we are disagreeing. Clearly, the mark of the beast has not been revealed. Who is the beast? Bet you'll get at least a different answer from almost every person here.

I also still believe that the Beast comes after the rapture, so there cannot be a mark of the Beast now.

19. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

We won't be sent to hell for accepting the mark; we go to hell because we do not have the righteousness of Christ through faith. Only unbelievers will accept the mark.

I don't care if not everyone believes in the rapture. That's irrelevant to me.

I won't take the mark, even if it comes now, because I am a believer. My salvation is assured by Christ himself. I am sealed by the HS, as the bible tells us, and I have eternal life.

20. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Can we argue "If the Ten commandments were completely revealed we would all agree on them and the fact that they are God's commandments for mankind".

Does the RCC agree on the use of image worship vs the 2nd commandment?

If not is it because it has not been revealed?

What about the Jews and Christ as Messiah - is it really a problem of the scriptures not revealing the fact that Christ was the Messiah?

In Christ,

Bob