1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Could this be the righteousness of God?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by percho, Feb 7, 2013.

1. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ezek 18:20,24,25 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son:the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.But when the righteous turneth away from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, [and] doeth according to all the abominations that the wicked [man] doeth, shall he live? All his righteousness that he hath done shall not be mentioned: in his trespass that he hath trespassed, and in his sin that he hath sinned, in them shall he die. Yet ye say, The way of the Lord is not equal. Hear now, O house of Israel; Is not my way equal? are not your ways unequal?

Romans 3:10,23 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one: For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Has there ever been a man born of woman, born under the law who was righteous/just?

Gal. 4:4 But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,Acts 3:14 But ye denied the Holy One and the Just,(Righteous One) and desired a murderer to be granted unto you;

2 Cor 5:21 1st part; For he hath made him sin for us, who knew no sin;
    John 10:17 Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life,1 Cor 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

Now we have one who is righteous, one who knew no sin, giving his life, dying the death of the unrighteous soul that has sinned. Though satisfied by this death, could the righteousness of God allow the Righteous One to remain dead forever for the sins of the father and his sons?

Did the Righteous One die in faith?

Acts 3:15 And killed the Prince of life, whom God hath raised from the dead; whereof we are witnesses.
    Romans 3:21,22 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets; Even the righteousness of God by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:
    2 Cor 5:21 lst part; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.That is because of the faith of the Righteous One. Him dying for our sins.

He laid down his life and for righteousness sake he received his life again.

2. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    5 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth.

6 In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely: and this is his name whereby he shall be called, The Lord Our Righteousness.

This is now fulfilled for all who are savingly in the Kingdom now.