1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Could this ever happen?

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by evangelist6589, Jun 12, 2014.

1. padredurand

padredurand Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Didn't the Russians have some feller by the name of Stalin? Seems I read that somewhere.

2. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, because the logistical problems involved for Russia to hide the movement of all that manpower and equipment half way around the world would be impossible. In other words, we would see them coming and stop them before they got near us.

Yes, Russia could be as cruel as they were in the movie. They have a history of it. Stalin, anyone? More recently Russians gassed everyone in a theater to kill 40 or 50 terrorists that were holding over 500 people hostage. Over 100 civilian hostages died. (I think I've got the numbers correct. I remember it was about a year after 911.)

3. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Correct. Even in 1984 it would be hard to hide. Maybe I misinterpreted the movie but I thought it was Russia and Cuba coming in through Mexico or maybe it was just Cuba and Russia hit the us with a massive air strike by parachute jumpers landed in various towns. Do you know?

4. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

A horrible animal

5. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

I have not. I admit I am stupid in this topic. But I want to learn. A true slave of God should admit his mistakes and be humble.

6. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Maybe Russia would bomb North Korea

7. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You mean try to stop them? I refer to Putin's recent aggressiveness and Obama's "flexibility".

8. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    They showed paratroopers and cargo planes in the movie, but they never expounded on how they could have invaded with so many people and equipment. IIRC, there was no mention of moving up through Mexico.

9. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Did the Colonel not speak of this when having dinner at the fire?

10. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yeah, you're right. My bad. Here's the closed captioning from the movie:
    -------------------
    Infiltrators came up illegal from Mexico. Cubans, mostly.

They managed to infiltrate SAC bases in the midwest, several down in Texas and wreaked a hell of a lot of havoc, I'm here to tell you.

They opened up the door down there and the whole Cuban and Nicaraguan armies come walking right through and rolled right up here through the Great Plains.

How far did they get?

Cheyenne across to Kansas.

We held them at the Rockies and at the Mississippi. Anyway, the Russians reinforced with 60 divisions. Sent three whole army groups across the Bering Strait into Alaska, cut the pipeline, came across Canada to link up here in the middle, but we stopped their butt cold.

#30 InTheLight, Jun 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2014
  11. thisnumbersdisconnected

Col. Tanner, the downed U.S. pilot rescued by the Wolverines, informed them of how it was done. Kansas City, Chicago and New Orleans, the communications hubs of the U.S., were hit with nukes, as was D.C., L.A., NYC, and a few others I can't really remember. Seems to me Denver and Atlanta might have been among them.

Commercial airliners flying their normal routes turned out to be masking Soviet troop planes shadowing them, and the planes dropped paratroopers into key crossroads towns and cities between the major cities eliminated by nukes. And yes, Tanner mentions Nicaraguan troops coming through Mexico, taking Harlingen, Texas after blowing a regional power plant, and spearheading three tactical maneuvers designed to take territory quickly and establish local checkpoints along major thoroughfares, thus controlling traffic, evacuations, and ground-based counterattacks. Still, counterattacking U.S. troops kept them pinned in a giant triangle, roughly from Salina, Kansas as the northern pinnacle and a line from Corpus Christi to Gulfport as the base, with all of Texas below that line also under Cuban/Nicaraguan control. The pockets where paratroopers had established beachheads behind U.S. lines were gradually eliminated. The original movie, set in Calumet Colorado, was on the western leg of the triangle.

#31 thisnumbersdisconnected, Jun 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2014
  12. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How can anyone survive and how can tanks and other vehicles cross the Bering Strait? Isn't it to cold and what of the ocean to pass from Russia to Alaska?

13. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My goodness. Do you think it could ever happen like this? Thanks for all the details. Did you pick that up from the movie or google it?

14. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Seriously?

15. padredurand

padredurand Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Which I find more frightening than a Russian invasion. Just saying.

16. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Head Shed material? :tonofbricks: