1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Could you have died yesterday?

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by whetstone, Jul 19, 2005.

?
  1. I could have legitimately died yesterday. It just so happened that I didn't.

100.0%
  2. Nope. Destined not to die. Since I'm alive today, it was God's will that I not die and nothing could

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Actually Johnp, our sky is black. The atmosphere causes the illusion of blue, gray, etc. colors. Our sky is 'colored' because our atmosphere makes blue light when sunlight passes through it or a red sky during sunset. This phenomenon is called "scattering." Most blue and black bird feathers are also 'non colored' and pick up their colorations from this same 'scattering'.

Here's a picture of earth photographed from the orbit of Apollo 11 in 1969. Since there is no 'atmosphere' in space, this is a true picture of earth.
    [​IMG]

If you had been home schooled, you'd probably have known this by 2nd or 3rd grade. [​IMG]

2. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

Diane, That which is not the immediate atmosphere of earth, ground to 170 miles up, or any other planet for that matter is not called sky, it is called space. The sky is composed of gases Space is devoid of those gases.

However, you are still right, because if you capture some sky in a bottle is it pretty well colorless, until it is "bombarded by" light energy.

3. here now

here now Member

Conversely, if people die from suicide, and many do, is God causing or allowing it to happen? If Suicide is not a stated will of God and one commits suicide did that happen because of God or inspite of God? </font>[/QUOTE]If it doesn't interfere with God's plan for you, then He allows it. Otherwise, there is no suicide.

4. here now

here now Member

5. johnp.

johnp. New Member

Hello dianetavegia.
    From a distance the world looks blue and green... Bette Midler. :cool:
    Nothing has colour but we see it from the light that the object does not absorb.
    I remember the shot. Earth rise! Wonderful stuff especially as I wanted to be a spaceman. I was 19 when the Eagle landed.

Hello TaterTot.

We do not come into judgment.
    This is a principle. Since Christ died for my sins I do not answer for anything I do by way of judgement but I do have a Father that corrects His Children.
    Yes but when I stand before Him I stand as holy, pure and unblemished and I will receive the blessings from the work He did through me. I am righteous in His sight. :cool: But don't ask my wife.
    As for my sins Jesus died for them I have nothing to answer for. Jesus died for me.
    I don't think I have much more to say on the issue but Christ paid my debt and God accepted it. No charge can be brought against me I'm free. No judgement for the Children of God just prizes. :cool:

john.

6. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

Yes but when I stand before Him I stand as holy, pure and unblemished and I will receive the blessings from the work He did through me. I am righteous in His sight. :cool: But don't ask my wife.
    As for my sins Jesus died for them I have nothing to answer for. Jesus died for me.
    I don't think I have much more to say on the issue but Christ paid my debt and God accepted it. No charge can be brought against me I'm free. No judgement for the Children of God just prizes. :cool:

john.
    </font>[/QUOTE]By that understanding there is no reason for the judgment seat of Christ as taught in Scripture. The Bema seat is not about salvation. That has already been taken care of by Christ and we do stand before Him holy, pure and blameless. 2 Cor 5:9-10 is very clear. Paul is writing to Christians and he exhorts them that they ALL will appear before the judgment seat. What is the reason why we stand before Him? So that we may receive what is due us and then as Romans 14:12 says so that we may given an account of our life before Him. I think you have confused things a little here. This is not about salvation. Just because we are in Christ, does not mean we are not called to given an account of our life before the Supreme Judge.

7. johnp.

johnp. New Member

Hello PastorSBC1303.

What is there to account for since Christ replaced me with Him and now I have the righteousness of Christ? Jesus died I have nothing to do.
    You think too highly of your ability to do anything good. Paul knew his state: RO 7:14 We know that the law is spiritual; but I am unspiritual, sold as a slave to sin. 15 I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. 16 And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. 17 As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. 18 I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. 19 For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do--this I keep on doing. 20 Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.
    So you go and account for your life but my life is hid in Christ and I do not come into judgment for anything. I will receive my reward for the work He does through me and my sins were delt with on the cross or not?
    What is the punishment due to our lifes misdeeds? ...that each one may receive what is due him for the things done while in the body, whether good or bad. 2 Cor 5:10.
    What's He going to do about it after He said He had forgiven us? Has He forgiven us or does He still harbour a grudge? If we are forgiven then we are forgiven but you would have us accountable after Paul says: I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. 16 And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. 17 As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me.

Jesus Christ died for my sins He is my Advocate not my Judge He will stand in for me.
    What do you mean, Just because we are in Christ...?

john.

8. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

John, you have no understanding of 2 Cor. 5:9-10, you might as well tear that page out of your Bible. You have completely bypassed that teaching.

Again, this is not about salvation. We are hid in Christ and He has saved us, no doubt about that. That is sealed and a done deal. However, you cannot overlook the verses that have been posted here time and time again that speak of the judgment seat of Christ where we will receive what is due us based on what we have done in the body, whether good or bad. What is your interpretation of that?

9. johnp.

johnp. New Member

Hello PastorSBC1303.
    ...that each one may receive what is due him for the things done while in the body, whether good or bad. 2 Cor 5:10.
    I am not overlooking the verse that's why I put it up there. It would cause a contradiction to my principle if it stands as it is.
    What is your interpretation of that? I have none.

Great I never thought of that! :cool: But you fail to take note of anything I have said just above your post. Would you like to comment on that please and answer my questions?

john.

10. yeshua4me2

yeshua4me2 New Member

Could i have died yesterday? NO, because i did not. was is physically possible, hard to say can't go back to yesterday for observable data. today does not translate to yesterday, so the question can truely have no answer.

just for fun...

i would like to see if someone could kill me yesterday......would i remember today?

thankyou and God Bless

11. johnp.

johnp. New Member

Hello yeshua4me2.
    And while you are there get some bets on the horses that won today. :cool:
    Yes because the death of the body does not cause a bad memory nor does it cause cessation of being.

john.

12. yeshua4me2

yeshua4me2 New Member

lol good point, didn't think of that.

thankyou and God Bless