1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Count WHOSE Vote?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Ps104_33, Feb 19, 2008.

1. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

Based on exit polls, among the approximately 16.3 million people who identified themselves as Democrats, over 678,000 more voted for Hillary Clinton than Barack Obama. If we’re going to “let the people decide" who the Democratic nominee would be, shouldn’t we be basing that on the will of Democrats themselves?

http://www.taylormarsh.com/archives_view.php?id=27036

2. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist

But how many people who vote in the Democrat* primary were not registered as a Dem? Of course this would only be true in so call "open-primary" states. Many Republicans and non-enrolled voters pulled the lever on the Dem side.
    This is one reason I like a caucus.

* same goes for the Republicans

Salty

3. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

The mantra of any politician worth his or her salt:

"Count all the votes,that will help me get elected!

I can't say some of this loud enough!

Everybody's vote is important, but hopefully not to all of us, just me!"

Ed

#3 EdSutton, Feb 19, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2008
  4. billwald

billwald New Member

Secret ballot only works when all the voters are in the same room. There is no constitutional requirement for a secret ballot.

I propose that all voter registration lists be posted on the web and all votes be listed on the web in a data format. Everyone could write a program and do the counting for himself.